IC-Ep 2-The Mysteries of Egypt(Caelia/Artemis/Spurius)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Mysteries of Egypt(Caelia/Artemis/Spurius)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, my lady," said Scaevola. "I would be most pleased if you would remain here tonight as my guest." He stood aside while Caelia and Artemis conferred.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Caelia speaks in a low voice. "I'm concerned that we should be reporting back to the palace and meeting up with the others to discuss tomorrow's plan. Although we haven't really discovered anything here of relevance; it's only my gut feeling that Scaevola is up to his neck in it, but he's just too damn smooth; he's a perfect politician!

Do you think we should bid him goodnight or do you think we're on to something here? It all points to an Egyptian cult; a perfect candidate to murder Caesar. I fear the only way to get further here is to partake in his initiation ceremony; I confess I'm intrigued by it but I'm also very wary what it might entail. I'm sure he wouldn't try anything on the daughter of the most respected physician in Rome, my father is Father is Caelius Albus Graecus, but I'd feel better if you or Spurius were here to pick up the pieces afterwards."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"I tend to agree, good lady," Artemis nodded as he ensured his voice was simply a whisper. "I too feel we should be aware of what Ceasar and the others are doing. This Senator seems to have his head more in the clouds than in practice. However, I don't believe that you should be here solely on your own. We could send Spurius back as a runner to let the others know of your intent to remain here. I can wander about the grounds. Obviously, we will need to ensure we get some rest too."
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"It is a good plan. Spurius can find the others; they will still probably be at Germanicus' residence, and take a message to the palace; won't he like that idea! I'll keep Scaevola busy and you'll hopefully have a bit more freedom to have a scout around where the Senator doesn't want us to look. I'll also be glad to know you are near; don't forget 'Ariadne' should things go awry."

Caelia smiles, "I am used to being awake all night with my work, as I'm sure you are too; we can get some sleep later." She swallows, "Well, here goes, I wonder what I am in for." She grasps Artemis' hand briefly and then turns away to face Scaevola.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Then, let's do this and hope we can catch a bit of a nap in the early dawn," Artemis smiled in agreement. He glanced about and to get a sense of where he might find Spurius, who had been left with the thinly cladded Egyptian servants near where the food was being prepared, he suspected. A soldier, no matter the age, never let the opportunity for beauty and food to go unnoticed or underappreciated.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia smiles warmly at Scaevola. "Artemis has kindly agreed to instruct Spurius and then will probably lounge around your beautiful gardens and drink too much wine. Spurious will return if my patient is worse but I think that unlikely. So, I am at your disposal for a little while longer at least." She laughs, the sound tinkling in the warm air.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Excellent, I am most pleased," replied Scaevola to Caelia with a smile. "If your friends need anything while they await us, they need only ask my servants. My lady, if you are ready for the initiaion, we shall proceed to the exedra."

Artemis soon found Spurius in the servants' quarters, as he had suspected. He was reclining with a pretty serving girl on each arm. While they stroked his muscles, a third fed him dates from a small tray.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia darts a rather worried look at Artemis' broad back as he disappears towards the servants' quarters. Then she takes a deep breath, and nods to the senator.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Spurius, I see you managed to keep yourself well entertained and um fed," Artemis smiled at his fellow soldier. "New orders though my friend, we need you to run back to the others and let them know that Lady Caelia is partaking in this Senator's initiation ceremony. I can easily keep your place here, and maybe one of these lovelies could be so kind as to give me tour of the Villa, a library if it has one?"

Artemis smirked at Spurius' obvious frustration in not being able to fully enjoy the fruits that were being offered to him. "Sorry, son, but duty to the Republic above all else while in the service of Rome, right?" Ladies, I am Artemis Gaius Sylvius retired from the Legions and could I ever tell you stories, maybe one of you could show me about the Villa? Explain all of Egypt that has been moved here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Spurius reluctantly rose with a sigh. "My apologies ladies, but I must withdraw," he said. "Duty calls." He saluted Artemis before leaving.

The girls watched him depart, then turned their attention to Artemis. The one with the tray of dates set it down and approached. "I shall show you around, good sir," she said. "The Senator's library is in the tablinum, where you met with him earlier. This way." She led him through the outdoor garden and into the study.
OOC,[b]Caelia[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Initiation
OOC,[b]Aretmis[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Grand Tour
OOC,[b]Spurius[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
The Messenger
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death