IC-Ep 2-Preparations(Everyone else)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Preparations(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

The villa of Germanicus- north of Rome, Italia
Mid Afternoon- March 14, 44 BC

Senator Germanicus and his entourage soon arrived at his lavish estate. The servants bowed to their master and got out of everyone's way, ushering them inside. The litter bearing Septimus was taken to an available guest bedroom, where he was given wine and fresh dates while Caelia Alba and Titus Iunius Philo checked on his health. Servants were hastily running this way and that, having got the message that no less than Caesar himself would be Germanicus's supper guest this evening. The purchases that Claudius had made in the market were quickly directed where they were needed, the household slaves functioning with tremendous efficiency. There were a few hours to prepare for the arrival of the guest of honor. Aricus Callidus Gladio would no doubt please Caesar, who was known to admire the gladiator. Decius Lupus, Artemis Gaius Sylvius, and Spurius Papirius Valens were the only soldiers to have arrived this early, though they had passed word to some of their fellow soldiers in the Forum.
OOC,Since the villa is outside of the city limits of Rome, those who wish to have their arms and armor with them may do so.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Supercape
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 9 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Preparations(Everyone else)

Post by Supercape »

Cladius was tired from the preparations, his bent spine complaining and his club feet moaning. And yet, he was a man propelled, anxiety ridden, on edge. Something, he concluded, was bound to go wrong, and he was surely in for a severe beating.

He calmed himself by feeding Scraps, the cat, some fish. At least scraps would not hit him, he told himself, gaining some transient and unsettling joy from the experience.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus turned to the soldiers and as he spoke, his history as an army officer shone through.

"Get a feel of the grounds and talk to my regular staff if you need. After you're through with that, you can report to the kitchen for food and a ration of wine. No carousing until Caesar has left, but when the dinner is over and all guests have gone, you shall enjoy my hospitality liberally. Now if you don't have any further questions, I'll go freshen up and get ready for the feast."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

DrPeterson wrote:"Get a feel of the grounds and talk to my regular staff if you need. After you're through with that, you can report to the kitchen for food and a ration of wine. No carousing until Caesar has left, but when the dinner is over and all guests have gone, you shall enjoy my hospitality liberally. Now if you don't have any further questions, I'll go freshen up and get ready for the feast."
Artemis stood at the ready as the Senator spoke to them. He nodded as he listened to the General, old habitats returned after twenty-five years of training. When the Senator had finished, he approached him and said; "Sir, the lady Caelia had asked that Spurius and I accompany her to the villa of another Senator once she finished here, however, I would not want to leave you short men, nor to be equally candid miss the chance of seeing Ceasar. Yet, the lady seemed amply nervous and I do believe the commitment to her needs to be honored, Sir."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus smiles kindly.

"Your candour is appreciated in this company, soldier, but make no habit of it in this City or in other company, this is not Gaul. However your concern is noted and may be just, but if Caelia Alba is right, then you will be needed more where she is taking you. I am sure you can see Caesar some other day, or if the Fates are kind, after you return from your business at the other senator."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis bowed then saluted the Senator. He then looked about to find the Lady Caelia to determine what her plans were.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Caelia finds Artemis and Spurius in the atrium.

"I can't do anything more for him at the moment - he just needs rest. We'd better get going; I think we can go via the palace if we head straight through the city. I can stop by my villa and put something clean on too." Caelia looks at Spurius, "Spurius, you would be most welcome to come too but if you think you'd be better employed here then please stay."
ooc,I don't think Spurius has posted for a while?? In which case, should we take him along or let him rest here?
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"You lead the way lady Caelia," Artemis bowed slightly as he spoke. If all went well, they would be back later in the evening and he would be able to see Caesar adding that to the story of his trip to the Capital. He motioned for Spurius to join them and thereby ensuring that the lady physician had a seemingly appropriate retinue of protectors while she was out and about in the evening.

[Spoiler-Button]I would say let's have him tag along if he doesn't post here shortly.[/Spoiler-Button]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

"Let's go then." Caelia leads the way back towards the city. "Let me fill you in; Publius Servilius Scaevola is like Germanicus in that he is a staunch defender of the Republic, but unlike him, he doesn't think Julius Caesar should rule alone; he thinks there should be two consuls rather than give one man so much power. I can see his point but it also makes him a possible candidate as a plotter against Caesar. Plus he is very interested in Egypt and has connections there. Which could tie him in with The Brotherhood of the Beast and The Sphinx.

His household are probably very loyal but we must find out if there have been secret meetings or strange visitors recently at his villa; if he has any dark connections in Egypt and what his movements are likely to be tomorrow. He may just be a disgruntled, innocent senator but he's a powerful man so would be a key player in the plot if he is involved."

As they enter the city gates, she changes topic, "You'll both need your armour and weapons once we leave the city to Scaevola's villa, in case we get into trouble. I've had a few patients at the clinic recently with injuries from robber attacks in the suburbs so we can use that as an excuse. Now we'll go straight to the Palace and inform them about Septimus."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis listened as they walked. He nodded in agreement with the plan being laid out, Spurius tagged along nodding and listening as well. When the lady noted their need for their weapons and armor, he paused.

"Lady Caelia, I will need to stop in at the inn I am staying at. I borrowed what I am wearing from the keeper of that establishment. I could easily change out of it and back into the old armor I brought along, cloak as well. As to my weapon, I have that on me right now." He patted his leg above the knee to indicate where he had concealed his puglio. He then went on to describe where he was staying in hopes it was not too far out of the way for their party.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Caelia[/b], [b]Artemis[/b], and [b]Spurius[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Mysteries of Egypt
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 2”