IC-Ep 2-The Conspirators(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

mindrot
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Conspirators(Story/Elizabeth/Lucius/Brook)

Post by mindrot »

Lucius follows Cassius as well, looking intently in his face, while Story is speaking, trying to catch any hint of Cassius fellings or thoughts about what he hear.
Insight 65%,[dice]0[/dice]
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth rolls History (stat 70%) [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The tablinum was a study, with luxurious chairs and tables for reading and shelves lined with many scrolls and books.

Cassius raised an eyebrow. "It is good to know that our endeavor is fated to succeed," he said. "It is likewise good to know that others oppose it, though not so good that they do. Who else knows of what is to come and seeks to prevent it?"
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], and [b]Brook[/b], you may roll Psychology.
Elizabeth Young,[b]Elizabeth[/b] recalled that [b]Cicero[/b] had not been part of the conspiracy against [b]Caesar[/b], though he did support the conspirators after the fact. He had even said that he wished he had known so that he could have played a part in it. Another thing clicked in her mind that she had never realized before. [b]Cicero[/b]'s career as a politician really took off around 70 BC when he had successfully prosecuted [b]Gaius Verres[/b], the corrupt governor of Syracuse. [b]Lucius[/b] was the brother of [b]Gaius Verres[/b]. Roman prosecutors got to keep the wealth of those they convicted, and [b]Gaius Verres[/b] had had a lot of it, largely ill-gotten. She also remembered that [b]Cicero[/b] had a slave named [b]Tiro[/b], who had invented shorthand. He was no doubt the man with the wax tablet and stylus, who must have been taking notes. [b]Cicero[/b] would die the following year, in 43 B.C., at the hands of a centurion who may have been acting on the behalf of [b]Marc Antony[/b], with whom [b]Cicero[/b] was at odds. [b]Tiro[/b] would outlive him by nearly forty years, dying at the ripe old age of about a hundred.
Lucius Verres,[b]Cassius[/b] did not seem to understand the oblique reference to the Brotherhood of the Beast, but he did seem concerned that others knew of the plot and sought to thwart it. However, it relieved him to hear that the assassination was destined to be successful. He had been suspicious of [b]Story[/b] at first, but now that he heard his words he was more relaxed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth rolling Psychology, stat 47% [dice]0[/dice]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Psychology [dice]0[/dice]
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story studies Cassius for a moment as he ponders how to respond.
Success,Psychology - 90%[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,[b]Cassius[/b] did not seem to understand the oblique reference to the Brotherhood of the Beast, but he did seem concerned that others knew of the plot and sought to thwart it. However, it relieved him to hear that the assassination was destined to be successful. He had been suspicious of [b]Story[/b] at first, but now that he heard his words he was more relaxed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Cassius and says, "A simple wizened seer." With a wave of his hand he dismisses the statement saying, "No one to worry about."
Persuade - 85%,[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You speak of Adelphus," said Cassius. "He is the soothsayer who warned Caesar to beware the Ides of March - tomorrow. I have heard the rumors about him, and they say there is more to him than meets the eye. No, I think he is someone to worry about very much."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mindrot
Layman
Layman

Post by mindrot »

As Lucius sees what Cassius became more relaxed about their group, he decided to be more straight:
"Can you be more specific in this case? I mean about Adelphus.", - Lucius thinks for a while, - "Whom from you've heard this rumors? Maybe you can guide us to someone, who knows more? And, as I see, you don't know much about the Brotherhood of the Beast? May it be, that Adelphus is a member of this mysterious society. And what makes you think of him as of big danger?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"The Brotherhood of the Beast?" asked Cassius. "What is that? Regarding the rumors, I heard them from a trusted client who was in the Forum this morning. He did not witness it himself, but people in the throng mentioned that they had seen Adelphus briefly change his appearance when he tried to warn Caesar again, that he wasn't truly human. The big danger Adelphus poses is that he knows the future, and that he tells it to others. That is hazard enough."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Cassius and says, "Yes... I saw it. Adelphus did seem to alter in appearance for a brief moment. Perhaps it was simple a trick of light and shadow."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes, some of us saw it," says Elizabeth, tentatively speaking up for the first time. "Sir," she says, addressing herself to Cassius, "do you know of any of Adelphus's associates, or contacts? Perhaps that might lead us to the society we are seeking."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know that he frequents the palace of Queen Cleopatra," said Cassius. "She is well known to be Caesar's mistress, so it makes sense that he would try to warn her lover of what he knows."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Nodding his agreement Story says, "Indeed. Regardless, rest assured Cassius...what fate has decreed will come to pass." Surveying his companions for a moment he then says, "If I may be so bold, how well do you know those who are committed to this undertaking?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I have known them for years," replied Cassius. "Some of them are kin to me, but all are my friends and colleagues. Some I know better than others, but I am familiar with them all."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mindrot
Layman
Layman

Post by mindrot »

- And what have you heard about Nefertiri, the Queen Cleopatra's bodyguard? May be something special? - Asked Lucius, trying to summarize everythig he knew so far.
Idea=80%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Dont't really know what to ask about any more, thik we should return to Cleopatra, but rolled Idea in case if Mr. Handy could share some :D
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I nothing about her servants," said Cassius. "I've nothing to do with Cleopatra, but the fact that she has her claws in Caesar is yet more cause for concern."
OOC,If you're done talking to [b]Cassius[/b], just let me know, and I'll move things along. [b]Nefertiri[/b] is [b]Cleopatra[/b]'s body servant, not her bodyguard - at least as far as you know.
Lucius Verres,It occurred to [b]Lucius[/b] that some of the other guests present here could be [b]Cassius[/b]'s co-conspirators. If they were planning to assassinate [b]Caesar[/b] tomorrow, it would make sense that they'd go over the plan and make last minute preparations.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mindrot
Layman
Layman

Post by mindrot »

"I see. Big thanks to you, Cassius. I think, should go now, and may be visit Queen Cleopatra's palace."
Lucius is ready to leave Cassius house, and waiting his friends to do so.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Lucius and says, "Quite right... perhaps we should take our leave. We've gobbled up enough of your time Cassius. Thank you for seeing us."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge

Return to “Episode 2”