Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 2-Eat, Drink, and Be Merry(Everyone else)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy
The villa of Germanicus- north of Rome, Italia
Early Evening- March 14, 44 BC

The preparations continued, the servants acting with an efficiency that could only be produced by intense pressure, for they knew that Caesar was to be their master's guest - and the consequences they would face if they made a mistake. Numerous other guests trickled in as afternoon wore on towards evening, some of them soldiers who had taken up Germanicus's invitation. Others were random people from Rome who had heard the rumors that Caesar would dine here this evening and had come in hopes of seeing him. The guards at the gate screened the visitors, admitting those they deemed suitable and turning away the others. Before long, the feast was prepared, the table was set, and the entertainers were in place. A slave came running at top speed to where Germanicus stood, surveying it all. "Dominus, Caesar approaches!" he informed him, out of breath. "His litter has been sighted on the road."

Re: IC-Ep 2-Eat, Drink, and Be Merry(Everyone else)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:10 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus and his wife, Aemilia Scipionis, were greeting the guests, while his daughter, Tullia Germanica, was entertaining them in the atrium.

He nodded as the announcement was made.
"Very well, make sure everything is in order for his arrival."

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:36 am
by Mr. Handy
The servants scurried around, carrying out their last minute preparations. Everything was perfectly in order when Caesar and his entourage arrived. A herald entered first, blowing a trumpet. "Gaius Julius Caesar, dictator in perpetua, has arrived!" he announced. A pair of lictors entered next, bearing axes instead of rods now that they were outside of the city limits. The axes were a symbol of their power to execute, and they could also be put to use if necessary. These were followed by the man himself. Caesar wore an elegant, formal toga with a purple stripe, as well as the laurel wreath upon his brow. "Hail, Germanicus! I thank you for your hospitality!" he called.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:58 am
by DrPeterson

Germanicus smiled and welcomed Caesar.

"Hail Caesar, I thank you for honouring my house. You know my wife Aemilia. Would you care for some wine? I have recently acquired an excellent Chiotic vintage."

When the refreshments had been served, Germanicus proceeded to introduce Caesar to his other guests.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, Germanicus, I'd be delighted," said Caesar. A slave came forward with the wine, which he took and sipped. "Indeed, an excellent vintage!" When he finished the wine, he made the rounds and greeted the other guests. "Ah, Aricus Callidus Gladio, I thought that was you!" he said when he met the gladiator. "I hear you are going to fight tomorrow in Albinus's games."

"Hail, Caesar!" said Aricus, bowing. "You have heard correctly."

"Good! I shall be in the audience watching. I wish you the best of luck, though a man with your skill has little need of it."

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:12 pm
by Supercape
Cladius managed to siphon off a little food for Scraps, the cat. However, he was most distracted. So much to go wrong! So many disasters! So many ways to be beaten or kicked!

His head bowed, his twisted frame in shadows, he listened carefully for any hint of trouble amongst the guests, and did his best to stay out of head, out of heart, and out of sight...

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 am
by DrPeterson
"A warrior needs luck most of all, backed up by bravery and a sound strategy. Speaking of which..."

Germanicus leads Caesar to the eating area.

"How goes the planning for our Parthian campaign? Can I be of any particular help at this stage?"

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
More lictors and other members of Caesar's group filtered into the dining hall. The guests seemed very happy, and everything was going smoothly. Claudius found that he was completely ignored, perhaps willfully by some who preferred not to look at him. He might as well have been an ambulatory piece of furniture as far as they were concerned. Scraps, however, was very grateful to him for the food he slipped the cat, rubbing against his leg and purring contentedly. At least someone cared about him.

"Ah, I'm glad you brought that up," said Caesar to Germanicus as he walked with him to the table. "We'll need to know more about the enemy dispositions before we can finalize our plans, but I have given it much thought. I intend to follow in the footsteps of Alexander the Great and conquer the Parthians, not merely defeat them on the battlefield. We'll sail for Greece to pick up more troops and supplies, then across the Aegean Sea to land in Asia Minor. From there, we'll march to Parthian territory. Our first order of business is to seize a city near the border to allow for resupply as we progress deeper into Parthia. We shall have siege engines the likes of which Alexander never dreamed of. While the legions are the backbone of our forces, we'll also make good use of our more mobile auxiliary cavalry. We'll need men like that one there." He glanced over at Decius Lupus. "Maintaining our supply lines will be your responsibility, Germanicus. I'll have some maps that we can review together to decide which city shall be our initial target. But all of that can wait. Tomorrow is another day. Tonight, we celebrate!"

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:22 pm
by DrPeterson
"I'm honoured, Caesar. Rome won't fall for the same stratagem twice. I'll see our horses and men properly fed and watered. I'll compose a few letters to our Armenian allies to secure a northern supply route and I would urge to retake Carrhae. It will be a great morale boost for us and a blow for them."
Germanicus stops and smiles.
"Look at us, the years flow from any man at the prospect of war and victory, but now, as you say, time to celebrate."

Germanicus signalled for the entertainment to begin and the food to be served.

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"Excellent," said Caesar to Germanicus. He took his seat and raised his cup of wine as the musicians began to play, the dancers started to move, and the wine and food flowed freely. "To victory and triumph!" he called.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 pm
by DrPeterson

"To Victory and Triumph!"

Germanicus echoed Caesar's words and poured some wine on the ground as an auspicious sign to accompany the words, before drinking from his cup.

Some time into the evening Germanicus lowers his voice and says:
"It will be high time we leave the City for some time. There is talk of treason and a plot against your life. I would cast aside those rumours since there is always such talk, but for the severity of those that brought those words to me."

Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:15 am
by Mr. Handy
"I have heard some of these rumors myself," replied Caesar in equally hushed tones. "While I do not dare show concern in public lest I appear weak, I know I can share my concerns with you, old friend. I have heard only whispers and hints, such as what that soothsayer said this morning, but nothing specific. The timing of our campaign is no coincidence. It will indeed be safer for me on the battlefield than it will be here in Rome. At least there the enemy wears a uniform so you can tell who he is."

Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 pm
by DrPeterson
"Indeed, my sentiments echoed! I have this on the authority of Caelia Alba, who is the daughter of Caelius Albus Graecus. She has revealed that the Brotherhood of the Beast are somehow involved. I know not the particulars, but they are believed to follow some black pharaoh."

Germanicus sees their cups refilled.

"I can offer you my best men, should you require them, and can place myself by your side to shield you. She said that they would try to kill you within the span of two days."

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:42 am
by Mr. Handy
"That makes sense, given what the soothsayer told me about the Ides of March," said Caesar. "This is the first I've heard of a Brotherhood of the Beast. Thank you for your offer of aid, but I have my lictors around constantly. I would be glad of your presence, however. Tomorrow I shall attend Albinus's gladiatorial games, which feature Aricus Callidus Gladio's return to the arena. It was good of you to invite him here tonight. I would be pleased if you were to sit beside me at the games."

Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:49 am
by DrPeterson

Germanicus smiles genuinely.

"Nothing would be please me more, Caesar, nor put my mind at ease."

He eats a date and washes it down with some Chiotic wine.

"I attracted some extra servicemen to provide security tonight, both here and for Caelia Alba, who is attempting to acquire more information from our esteemed colleague Scaevola. These are dark times indeed, when we must trust to stalwartness of our former foes to safeguard our houses. Rome needs to be purged of this cancerous, conspiratorial corruption."

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"Very wise, Germanicus," said Caesar. "The men of the Legions are the most dependable there are. I have people I trust who will investigate who is behind the plot in our absence. By the time we return to Rome triumphant, they will know more, and that will be the ideal time to strike. Our popularity and support will be at their highest once the Parthians are subdued."

Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:28 am
by DrPeterson
Germanicus smiles radiantly and nods in agreement with Caesar, uplifted by his vigour.

"Now, let us divert our thoughts for the evening. I have sent for some Greek poets to bring us their finest."

He claps his hands, signalling for the Greeks to appear and give their performance.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
The poets, two young Greek men, emerged when Germanicus gave the signal and began to recite a poem extolling the virtues and beauty of the Greek countryside in the style of Theocritus. Caesar applauded when they finished. "Excellent!" he said. "I look forward to seeing Greece again even more. We won't be there long, of course, but we should get a good view as we sail along the coast on our way to Athens." The poets bowed and thanked Caesar profusely.

Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:43 pm
by DrPeterson
"I long for a bit of fresh Greek air. It's been far too long."

Germanicus reclined in his seat and looked around rather contently. The evening was progressing nicely and he was more at ease now that he knew he'd be around to keep an eye on Caesar in the morning.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, it has," remarked Caesar, a wistful look in his eyes. "It was four years ago when we were last there. That was the Battle of Pharsalus. We were outnumbered by Pompey's forces, who were confident after they defeated us at Dyrrachium. The odds were never more against us, but our legions were strong and the gods were on our side. Pompey's men kept their distance and tried to bait us into charging them and wearing ourselves out, but we maintained our discipline and refused to take the bait. We rested where we were before we advanced. Pompey fought well, but he was no match for our genius. Once we routed his cavalry with our hidden reserves, he was finished. It was then that he fled to Egypt." He shook his head in sorrow. "It is too bad that the Egyptians killed Pompey. I never wanted that. I would have pardoned him. He was family, my daughter's husband."

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:04 pm
by DrPeterson
Germanicus nods solemnly.

"Pompey's death was a great loss to the Republic and I fear it is used as a rallying banner by those who wish us ill."

He signals for more wine and dessert to be brought.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy
The servants moved quickly to bring more wine and the desserts.

Caesar's eyebrow rose at Germanicus's words. "I thought we had finished off Pompey's followers," he said. "It took years even after he was dead, but the war is over at last. Still, they never did know how to give up. What has given you reason to believe that this plot has to do with him?"

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:23 am
by DrPeterson
Germanicus took a bite from one of the mouldy Gallic cheeses and explained:
"I can only envision two rational motives for an Egyptian cult to want your life. Either they think you profane the godly Queen, despite Caesar's kinship to Venus, or they are former men of Pompey who are out for revenge. I am convinced the Queen's informants would be able to stop the former, of the latter I am not so sure. "

Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
"The latter possibility does make a certain kind of sense," said Caesar, pausing to sip his wine. "Not all of those loyal to Pompey fell in battle. There could be some who still sympathize with his cause, though it be lost. If they cannot have victory, they may settle for revenge. I intend to deny them that as well."

Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:16 am
by DrPeterson
"As do I!And may Juno keep us to our word!"

Germanicus agrees in a powerful voice and pours the wine from his cup onto the floor as a libation.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Julius Caesar also upended his cup, letting the remaining wine within pour onto the floor as an oblation to Juno.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:42 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus laughs all of a sudden.

"Do you recall that night after Alesia, Caesar? We poured our wine onto the ground too then, drunk on the glory of the moment and on Gallic wine, if I recall correctly. We swore to set Rome straight!"

He reminisces for a moment and then chuckles.

"Poor Marc Antony was so drunk he poured his entire cup onto his calligae."

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Caesar roared with laughter, obviously enjoying recalling the memory. "Ah, and then we did set Rome straight!" he said. "It took some doing, but we've done it. Rome has never been stronger and will soon be stronger yet! Just think of the memories we'll create on the Parthian campaign. You, me, Antony, together again! It will be just like old times."

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:23 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus raises his refilled cup.

"To old times! And to new! And to the glory of the Republic!"

He drinks deeply and leans back with a content sigh.

"It is not just the times that are old, my friend." He grins slyly. "I have had to had my breastplate stretched."

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Caesar lifted his own cup for the toast, then took a drink. "As well you should," he said with a smile. "We of the ruling class cannot help but eat well. Why, just look at this sumptuous feast you've arranged in my honor! I may have to have my own breastplate stretched after tonight."

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:12 pm
by DrPeterson

"It is our duty to submit to the obligations of wealth!"

Germanicus puts down his cup.

"Though I must confess, I long for the leaner fare of the road, old friend. After so long in the city, it almost feels like I'm sweating olive oil."

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
"Too true, too true," said Caesar. "It has been too long since we've eaten military fare. It may not be fancy, but there is something to be said for salted pork. Something else to which we can look forward to enjoying again in the coming days and weeks."

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:01 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus stands up and stretches his legs.

"Would you perhaps care to have a stroll in my arboretum, my friend? In the evening the scent of jasmine is most refreshing."

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'd be delighted," said Caesar, walking with Germanicus into the arboretum. The stars twinkle merrily overhead, belying the chaos that Germanicus was told would come.

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:25 pm
by DrPeterson
Germanicus smiles upon entering the garden. He inhales deeply, savouring the fresh air combined with the sweetness of the evening-blooming jasmine.

"There are few smells that reminds me more of the East than this. Well, apart from dry dust, that is." Germanicus laughs and looks around the arboretum and up to the stars.
"I'm going to miss my garden, you know, more than I'll miss my wife or the City. But somehow I sense the stars are right to go on a great adventure again."

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
"Indeed!" said Caesar. "All of the omens say now is a good time to leave on this campaign, according to the augurs I've consulted. They have foreseen a glorious future for Rome and for my house! Adelphus clearly does not know what he is saying."

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:20 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus spits to ward off the evil eye.

"I am not a man given to superstitions, my friend, but I do feel it doesn't do to challenge fate like that."

He walks between the trees, a frown of worry upon his brow.

"There's more to this seer than meets the eye, I'm afraid. I fear he maybe something altogether different from you or I."

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 am
by Mr. Handy
"You are right, of course," sighed Caesar. "Tomorrow I shall make offerings to the gods to propitiate them. I was going to make one to Mars anyway due to the upcoming campaign, and it doesn't hurt to keep the rest of them pleased as well. It is a good thing that so many of their temples are all conveniently located near each other at the heart of Rome. I too have heard vague rumors about Adelphus being something different, but the details are sorely lacking. What have you heard of him?"

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:47 am
by andyw666
Lupus had brought his armour and weapons out to the villa, discretely wrapped. As soon as possible, he ducked into an empty back room and kitted up before throwing his cloak back on. Lupus hoped the cloak would go some way to taking the threatening edge from his appearance.

Nonetheless, Lupus was pleased to have well-worn sword and bow at hand.

Lupus decided the best course of action was to take a tour of the villa's gardens and boundaries, to get a feel for the lay of the land. Also, he hoped to keep out of sight of the more gentle guests unless needed.

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:59 am
by Mr. Handy
Lupus saw that Caesar and Germanicus were walking through the garden, speaking quietly with each other. A couple of lictors and a few servants were also in the garden, but they kept some distance between themselves and the great men. Everything seemed normal, peaceful even. It was hard to imagine that the things that had been prophesied would soon turn Rome on its ear.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:24 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus looks at Caesar with unconcealed unease.

"It's not so much what I've heard, my friend, but what I've seen, or think to have seen anyway."

The aged senator sighs deeply and looks his friend in the eyes.

"I do not believe Adelphus to be wholly human, or even partly. When your lictor kicked him in the Forum this afternoon, I believe I saw him for what he truly is. I saw a creature with purple scales and a serpentine look."

He smiles kindly and adds:

"This can only mean two things, Julius, either the Gods themselves have sent a messenger to warn the Son of Venus, or I have grown feeble at last and can no longer stand the noonday sun."

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"Ah," said Caesar, lowering his gaze, so much feeling in that one word that wasn't a word. "You have not grown feeble, old friend. I shall have to take his warning more seriously. Surely a being such as that does not intervene for a jest." He glanced up and noticed Lupus across the garden. "I see one of the military men you have invited. Excellent! It is such strong and courageous men who will bring us victory and triumph!"

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:13 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
The festivities were well under way before Titus left the side of the ailing Septimus. Anyone who had reached an advanced age was worthy of great respect, particularly one gifted with such insight into the workings of the Fates. Yet the old man seemed eager for death. Were the times ahead to be so terrible?

He made his way to the feast quietly. The guests were flirting, laughing, and gossiping, as the soft sound of flutes and lyres played in the background. Titus hoped to be able to find some simple dish to sustain him. Perhaps something like barley seasoned with fish sauce. He could hardly expect to feast on larks' tongues and pomegranates!

He cast a few simple fortunes for the guests. It hardly took more than a knowledge of human nature to tell a lady that she would be lucky in love, but must be careful not to offer her heart to the wrong man, or to inform a soldier that the path to glory was a narrow one, which required both courage and caution.

Germanicus and Caesar seemed to have withdrawn, no doubt to discuss affairs of state in private. Titus took notice also of Claudius, the deformed slave. Those whose bodies the Gods afflicted were often marked for some special fate. Did not great Caesar himself suffer from the falling sickness? The fact that such a wretched slave showed kindness to a dumb animal also suggested that there was more to him than first met the eye. Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have a few words with him.

It occurred to Titus that Germanicus had been present during the strange metamorphosis of Adelphus. If he had seen it also, that would confirm that the vision was a true one. When the opportunity presented itself, he would ask the Senator if he had noticed anything unusual about the man, if man he truly was. Perhaps Germanicus, or even Caesar himself, would request an augury. If so, he would do the best he could.

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:41 pm
by DrPeterson

"No, indeed, your thoughts reflect mine. I would feel much safer if you were to wear armour under your toga tomorrow, my friend.
"

Germanicus follows Caesar's gaze towards Lupus and smiles.

"I seem to have a score of seers and wise men in my house at the moment, perhaps we should consult them before they empty my tables."

"Decius Lupus, approach!"

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
"Even Caesar is not above the laws of Rome," said Caesar. "I shall not wear my armor until after we have left the city to head to war. But yes, it would be a good idea to consult an augur one more time before we depart." He watched the cavalryman.

Inside the banquet hall, Claudius shuffled forward carrying a tray of food, holding it out to Titus while staring at his feet, which did not seem very interesting. Many slaves acted in this manner, as though they felt they were not worthy to look upon their betters. Titus to his delight found that the tray did indeed contain barley soaked in garum. Even now his ability to foresee the future seemed to be working constantly, though it was a culinary trend to put everything in garum.

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:44 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus accepted the tray of barley gratefully, relishing its savory aroma. He nodded and smiled at the deformed slave by way of thanks.

"By the way, I believe you were present in the Forum when the seer Adelphus and I were there. If you happened to notice anything unusual at that time, I believe that your master would be most interested. I know that I would very grateful for any such information."

The poor fellow probably knows nothing, but it may prove valuable to have a contact among the servants of Germanicus. Many a comic play has shown us how a slave may be cleverer than his master!

As he enjoyed his barley, licking the salty, tangy garum from his fingers, Titus noticed a burly, hard-featured man with the look of a Gaul and a military bearing attend to Caesar and the Senator. This might prove to be of importance.

One of the most important skills for an augur is keeping his ears open!

Titus stepped closer to the place where the three men stood talking.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
"I find it best not to bother the Marthter with something unless he brings up the matter," said Claudius. That precept had probably saved him from countless beatings throughout his miserable life.

Titus stepped out into the interior garden where the three men stood, the cool night air refreshing him.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:01 am
by DrPeterson

Germanicus smiles and clasps Caesar's hands.

"Although the answer pleases me greatly, my friend, it does not set me at ease. I shall be close by your side tomorrow and be your armour when the need arises."

Germanicus then turns to the Gaul.

""Decius Lupus, go inside and fetch the augur Titus Iunius Philo, Caesar has need of his skill. "

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:47 am
by andyw666
Lupus paled under his scarred and barred face. How am I meeting Caesar? He looked down at his armour and made a hasty attempt to straighten it.

Squaring his shoulders and lifting his chin, Lupus marched over to Caesar and Germanicus and gave a smart Army salute.

"Ave, Caesar. Decius Lupus, Auxiliary Cavalry and Exploratores, at your service. And General Germanicus, I must compliment you on your beautiful villa."

Lupus stood smartly at something very close to parade rest, although this was far from a parade ground, and tried not to look nervous. He assumed a respectful silence beside the two great generals and upon the order to fetch the augur, immediately headed off in search of him.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:52 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus smiles at the soldier.
"My wife is more to thanks for the upkeep of my villa, Decius Lupus, I merely tend the garden. You should convey your compliment to her, she will be well-pleased. Now off you go."

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy
"Salve, Decius Lupus," replied Caesar, returning the cavalryman's salute. Lupus turned back, and there was Titus Iunius Philo at the entrance of the garden. He had just arrived, as if his special knowledge of the future had let him know he would be needed.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:40 am
by andyw666
Lupus was impressed by this augur's evident abilities. He quickly strode over to Philo.

"Wise one, Caesar himself requests your attendance." Lupus gestured towards said hero of Rome. Lupus then followed discreetly, close enough to protect these important men but far enough away not to be a nuisance.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:56 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus bowed low and made salute to the great Caesar.

"Hail, greatest of warriors! These are strange times, when spirits roam the Earth, and a serpent may walk like a man."

He glanced at Germanicus to see how the Senator might react to these words.

"If my humble talents may be of any service to you, I am ready. May the gods unseal my eyes."

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Caesar saluted back. "So I have heard, good augur," he said. "Let us see what the future has in store."
OOC,[b]Titus[/b], please roll Science(Augury). Also, please let me know whether or not you're actually using the Augury spell.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:08 am
by DrPeterson

"You truly have the sight, Titus Iunius Philo, or sharp ears."

The senator smiles and motions for the augur to continue his business.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:39 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"When Caesar says 'do this,' it is performed."

Titus watched the evening sky, nearly dark now, to observe the movements of birds. He also listened closely for the cries of ravens or owls. Both the voices of oscines and the flights of alites could reveal the future, if interpreted correctly. It would take all of his skill, and great concentration, to properly perform the ex avibus augury.
Spoiler:
Titus will spend a magic point to cast the Augury spell. First roll is for the Augury success, the second is for the Sanity cost.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Spoiler:
[dice]1[/dice]
Titus seemed a bit shaken by his vision, but not to a great extent.

"I believe the gods have allowed me a glimpse of the future, honorable sirs."

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Titus leaned back his head and looked up into the sky. There were a lot of ravens, and they seemed to be congregating around Mars. Surely war was in the offing. Then his eyes rolled up into his head and he received a vision.
Titus Iunius Philo,[b]Titus[/b] saw a vision that reminded him very much of what [b]Septimus[/b] had reported seeing. He saw a half-man, half-snake in battle with a Sphinx, and Rome was their battlefield. Each combatant also had a large army at its disposal, though the vast majority of the troops seemed unaware even of their commanders' existence. The Sphinx's army also included various figures with the body of a man and the head of a beast: jackals, lions, crocodiles, and numerous other animals. A great man who led the snake-man's army was suddenly felled by knives. Then swords were drawn and the armies engaged each other. There was massive bloodshed, and flames erupted across the city. Everything was in turmoil as the battle raged. Members of one house rose up against another. Sometimes members of the same house fought each other. Among the carnage, he noticed a great general of the snake-man's troops charge forward and do battle with the leader of the Sphinx's soldiers, but they were obscured by smoke. It was impossible to see who would emerge victorious. Did it even matter? [spoiler]You only lose 1 Sanity from casting the spell itself, but you may incur further Sanity loss from the creatures you saw in the vision. Please roll Sanity (remembering to deduct the 1 Sanity you've already lost first) again. Sanity loss is 0/1d8. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea to avoid temporary insanity. If the Idea roll succeeds, you will go temporarily insane. If it fails, then you may act normally.[/spoiler]

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:27 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
As the vision grew clearer Titus understood why it had nearly killed Septimus. Surely mortal men were not meant to witness such horrors! He struggled to control himself, his arms trembling with fear.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Although very badly shaken, the augur was able to retain enough courage to speak in a stuttering voice.

"Mother Rome is in terrible danger! The Serpent and the Sphinx battle over her wounded body! Foul murder fills the streets with blood! The mighty will fall, and brother will slay brother! Beware, Caesar!"

Exhausted, Titus sank to his knees, breathing heavily.

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:26 pm
by DrPeterson

Germanicus looks on as Titus oracles and when he sees the man collapse, he calls out:

"Claudius, wine for the augur!"

He steps up to fallen sooth-sayer and puts his hand on his shoulder.

"Rest awhile, Titus Iunius, you are overcome by heavy prophecy, but alas we have heard these words before!"

He looks to Caesar and asks:

"Know you their meaning, my friend?"

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:50 am
by andyw666
Lupus watched the augur's efforts with approval and at Philo's collapse nodded with satisfaction. Both by heritage and by career calling a superstitious man, Lupus felt that if an augury was called for, a decent augury should be had, and Philo had definitely done good service.

Lupus also rushed to aid the augur after his collapse. They were, after all, the gods' own messengers, however crazy.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Claudius hurried off to fetch some wine.

"I do not pretend to know the interpretation of the vision," said Caesar. "That I leave to the wisdom of the augur who saw it." He leaned over to look closer at Titus. "That can wait until you have recovered from your ordeal. I am sorry you had to endure that. Your service is truly appreciated. Is there any way I can help you?"

At that moment, Claudius returned with the wine.
Titus Iunius Philo,You should make a 1d100 roll against your current Sanity (64, after having lost one point for casting the spell). If you succeed at that, you do not lose any further Sanity for having seen the creatures. Only if you fail do you lose the further two Sanity.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:25 pm
by DrPeterson
"Ah, but some wine is sure to fortify him after this task.
Now, Titus Iunius, drink and shed some light on this mystery.
"

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:24 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus Iunius Philo,You should make a 1d100 roll against your current Sanity (64, after having lost one point for casting the spell). If you succeed at that, you do not lose any further Sanity for having seen the creatures. Only if you fail do you lose the further two Sanity.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
When offered the wine, the hands of the augur tremble. The cup falls to the floor. Titus points a shaking finger at the liquid as it flows in a thin red line. "There is Caesar's blood." He seems to be in a daze.

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Claudius quickly stooped to the ground to clean up the spilled wine, but at least he did not have far to bend. Caesar looked on, his face unreadable. "Thank you, good augur," he said. "You must rest now. I can see that the vision has taken much from you."

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 am
by DrPeterson

"Claudius, make sure the augur is properly fed and taken care of."

Germanicus looked at his friend and admired his steel countenance.

"Perhaps we should take another turn in the garden, my fig trees are doing exceptionally well."

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Caesar nodded. "Yes, let us walk," he said to Germanicus, strolling with him through the garden.

"Yes, Marthter," said Claudius. He guided Titus back into the house and to a guest room adjacent to the one in which Septimus was resting.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:58 am
by DrPeterson

"I can't admit to being reassured by what we've just witnessed, Gaius."

Germanicus frowns and looks at his friend.

"But it doesn't alter your decision, I take it?"

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 am
by Mr. Handy
"You know me too well, old friend," said Caesar, his mouth set grimly. "Whatever my fate, it is the will of the gods, and I must face it with courage. If Caesar's blood must be spilled, it shall not be done easily."

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:22 pm
by DrPeterson

"Nor shall it be spilled alone. I am by your side as always."

Germanicus clasps his friend's wrist and smiles.

"From the start I've believed that the Republic needed you to set her straight. Without you at the helm Rome should be lost. The people prey to the greed of corrupt senators. We have come a long way already, Gaius, but our task has not yet ended. I do not believe the Fates would be so cruel as to leave it unfinished."

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Caesar clasped Germanicus in return. "Thank you, Germanicus" he said. "You are as a brother to me. I also do not believe the Fates will let Rome fall. Whatever tomorrow brings, we shall face it."

Claudius returned to the garden, stopping some distance from them and staring at his feet. Germanicus knew this behavior well. It meant that he had something to say, but he was afraid to approach while he was speaking with Caesar.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 am
by DrPeterson

Germanicus looks at the wretched slave and wonders again how he had angered the gods that they should have burdened him with this creature.

"Approach, Claudius, and speak. There are no secrets amongst brothers."

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:11 pm
by CrackheadC.
OOC,Taking over for Aricus Callidus Gladio, the Ex-gladiator
Aricus stood at attention in the gardens near the senator Germanicus and the honored guest Caesar, attempting to maintain a stalwart martial presence among the two great veterans. Though he was supposed to be hired as a guard, Aricus felt it was more likely that his presence was more likely to be that of a show for the guest after being told he was favored in the arenas, thus his full glatiator's regalia.

Aricus kept his words to himself until the augur had his fit and he said to no one in particular,"Great prophesies and fates for great men and nations, yet mine is simply one obscured by battle and potential glory."

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Claudius approached, hearing Aricus's words. He's a famous gladiator, at least, he thought. People admire him, but I am despised. No great prophecies deal with me, and the Fates openly mock me. "Marthter," he said, bowing low before Germanicus and Caesar. "There is an Egyptian servant at the gate. He says he bears a message from Caelia Alba."

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:44 pm
by DrPeterson
"Send him in at once, man! By Juno, I hope her plans didn't go awry!"

Germanicus turns to Caesar again.

"Caelia Alba has displayed bravery where it was not asked and a loyalty to the Republic, and to you, that can not even be asked of your lictors. I am most anxious to hear her tidings."

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Claudius rushed off.

"As am I," said Caesar. "She shall be rewarded for her loyalty and courage."

Shortly afterwards, Claudius returned with a muscular Egyptian in the livery of Queen Cleopatra, who knelt. "Ave Caesar!" he bellowed, touching his head to the ground.

"You may rise, good man," said Caesar. "You bear a message from Caelia Alba?"

The man stood again. "Spurius Papirius Valens brought the message from her to the Queen's palace. Caelia Alba wishes Senator Germanicus and his friends to know that she and Aretmis remain at the villa of Senator Scaevola, where she is to undergo an initiation ritual and he explores the villa. Spurius is returning there with Lucius and Elizabeth."

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:34 pm
by DrPeterson
"I am unfamiliar with the latter two, are they men of war or subtlety? And can you tell us more of the nature of this initiation?"

Germanicus frowns and looks from the messenger to his friend.

"This vexes me, if she is being inducted in some sort of Mystery, she might be in more danger than she bargained for. Caelia Alba's courage is to be admired. I hope it is not foolhardy."

"Claudius, have Laetitia, my fairest slave, run to the temple of Artemis and pay for the sacrifice of two cocks. Tell her to pray that the Virgin Goddess look over our friend in her dire need."

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Make it four," said Caesar, handing Claudius some coins. "She can use all the help she can get."

Claudius bowed again and scurried away.

"I do not truly know them," said the Egyptian, "but Elizabeth is a woman, Britannian by appearance. I've heard tales that some Britannian women can be fierce, but she does not seem so. She is, however, subtle and intelligent. It was her idea to have Lucius pose as a patient who needs Caelia Alba's skills as a physician. He truly is injured, but it is not that bad. Lucius is a Roman and seems like he can handle himself in a fight, and he has a subtle look about him too. I do not know anything about the initiation. I only know what Spurius told me."

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:21 pm
by DrPeterson
Germanicus nods, acknowledging the depth of the description.

"You may rest and refresh yourself. Eat some of the leftovers from the party. We may need you to relay a message back when you've finished."

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:19 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Thank you, Senator," said the servant with a smile. "You are most gracious."

"When you bring back your message," said Caesar, "please also convey my best wishes to your Queen, and let her know that I shall visit her before I depart from Rome."

"I shall let her know, mighty Caesar." The servant bowed and went back into the dining hall to partake of the food and drink that was still flowing freely.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:17 pm
by DrPeterson
"I'm afraid I'm being a poor host to my other guests, my friend. Thank the Graces for Aemilia and Tullia to cover me in my absence. "

Germanicus looks inside and smiles as he sees his family mix and mingle.

"I should find her a decent husband again, Gaius, but I'm afraid I'm growing sentimental in my dotage."

He laughs to dispel the gloom.

"You wouldn't know of a suitable candidate, would you?"

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"That would require some thought," said Caesar, furrowing his noble brow as he walked with Germanicus back to the party. "It would be hard to find a man worthy of her who is not already claimed. Were you not already married, I would have suggested you . Likewise, Brutus would be a suitable suitor, had he not already wed Porcia Catonis last year after divorcing his first wife, and that without stating any cause. That was enough of a scandal. He surely cannot do it again, especially not so soon."

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:30 am
by DrPeterson
Germanicus laughs at Caesar's joke.

"I thank you for the compliment, my friend, but I doubt my daughter would feel the same way. Brutus, however, is an honourable man and a far better choice. I'm afraid the Optimates and our -friend- Cato would disapprove of the match. I shall probe him about his prospects before we set off to the East. Maybe invite him to dinner."

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:07 am
by Mr. Handy
"Two feasts on short notice?" said Caesar, his mood obviously lightened after the distressing augury. "That would be very impressive." As they walked, they passed where Aricus stood. "Ave, Aricus Callidus Gladio. I wish you success and glory at tomorrow's games!"

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:14 am
by DrPeterson

"Spiting Cato is worth the expense."

Germanicus laughs, but turns more serious as they approach the gladiator.

"Make sure you are well-nourished once your duties are done, Gladio. We have high hopes for you in tomorrow's spectacle."

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:00 pm
by CrackheadC.
Aricus salutes the two men, "Thank you Lord Caesar. Senator. I have no doubt that my skill will please both of you and honor Mars tomorrow."

After the two men pass Aricus sighs. He is no longer annoyed at being ignored, but now relieved that the men are gone. "What am I, a gladiator, to say to two great men such as that?" he thinks.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:10 am
by Mr. Handy
"You are welcome, and I look forward to it," said Caesar, returning the salute as he walked on with Germanicus back inside, continuing the conversation. "I have pardoned Marcus Porcius Cato, and I will not spite him. You of course are free to do as you please."

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:22 pm
by DrPeterson
"I cannot believe a man as obstinate as Cato has ceased his war against you. He is too ornery to ever change his mind, or his manners. A family trait, no doubt."

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
"He takes after his father," said Caesar. "That man was stubborn to the end. I'd have pardoned him too, but he refused to give me the chance, for to accept my pardon would mean accepting my authority to offer it. That was something he could never do. Instead, he took his own life, depriving me of the chance to preserve it. At least his son had sense enough to know when he was beaten and accept it. That must come from his mother, for his father was void of it."

Titus Iunius Philo had recovered from his ordeal, resting in the guest room beside the one used by Septimus. The elderly seer in the next room was fast asleep, which Titus could tell from the sound of snoring coming from it.
OOC,[b]Marcus Porcius Cato[/b] is [b]Porcia Catonis[/b]'s brother. Their father, Cato the Younger, did not in fact yield. He died during the civil war, by his own hand, after his defeat at the Battle of Utica (though it's said that the attempted was botched and he didn't die immediately). It was his son who was pardoned, and still lives. He's younger than thirty at this point.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
The sound of loud snoring may not be a lovely as the song of a lark thinking:   but at least it shows that Septimus still lives. Truly the lady healer is blessed by the gods.  
Titus stirs restlessly. These matters of state are strange, involving people and things he does not understand. Perhaps the mighty gladiator Aricus, in attendance on the great men, has heard aught of these mysteries. It would be well to speak to him. But for now, one must rest.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:46 pm
by DrPeterson
"Be that as it may, there are to many men like Cato and not nearly enough like Caesar.", Germanicus raises his voice as well as his cup so all his guests can hear.

"A toast to my honoured guests, long may they pillage my larder!", he laughs appropriately and the raises his cup to Caesar.
"And a toast to the saviour of Rome! Hail, Caesar!"
OOC:,I've adjusted my previous post somewhat.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
The assembled guests raised their cups and echoed the toast, and everyone drank.

"Thank you, old friend," said Caesar. "We could use more men like you as well." He hoisted his own cup and made another toast. "To Germanicus, our gracious host and loyal son of Rome!"

From his chamber, Titus could hear the loud celebration, which precluded him from sleeping. He could also hear through the adjoining wall that it had awakened Septimus, as the snoring had stopped and a groan came from the other side.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:07 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"Septimus," Titus cries. "Have you recovered, honored mentor?"

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:19 pm
by CrackheadC.
Aricus raises his fist for the toasts and follows suit echoing the toasts, but does not drink finding it distasteful while in service.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
"I believe so," muttered the Septimus from the room next to Titus's, "but you'll have to speak up. I can hardly hear you."

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:37 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus tries to speak a little louder. "You and I both know that a terrible calamity is coming. Great Caesar, being fearless, exposes himself to peril. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this calamity, or at least render it less dreadful?"

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy
"Fate cannot be prevented," called Septimus through the wall. "It would not be fate otherwise. The great man in my vision shall fall, and nothing can change that. It is decreed by the gods, and woe unto the man who goes against their will! The lesser men in my vision, though, who can say? I could not identify most of them individually, nor could I see their fates. The fog of war obscures much. Perhaps lives may yet be saved, the dead avenged, the outcome of the battle determined."

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:22 am
by Mr. Handy
It was now around midnight, and the celebration was winding down. Guests were beginning to take their leave.

"Thank you, Germanicus," said Caesar, "you've been an excellent host, but I really must be heading home. If I don't return tonight, my wife will kill me. Hmm...perhaps that is the danger the augurs saw."

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:15 pm
by DrPeterson
Germanicus laughs and clasps Caesar's arm, comforted by the man's wit.

"Then give my love to Calpurnia and tell her Germanicus asks to hold her poison until we've returned from campaign. If I don't leave the City soon, Rome will have another deranged senator to rule her."

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I shall, my friend," Caesar said to Germanicus, clasping his arm in return. "I shall see you tomorrow, at the games. I bid you and your house good night." With that, he swept out, his entourage following him. Once Caesar had departed, the trickle of guests leaving soon became a flood. Only Germanicus, his servants, and a handful of his guests remained - along with the inevitable mess that Claudius knew that he would have to help clean.
OOC,Is everyone planning to stay here until morning, or does anyone want to go somewhere else?

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 am
by DrPeterson
Germanicus watches most of the people leave, anyone staying longer either was too drunk to leave according to proper decorum or had business with him.

"Claudius, make sure our guest don't leave the house empty-bellied or in want of anything. Tell the guards to halve their shift and start eating, but tell them to visit me before they leave. I shall be in my study."

Germanicus kisses his wife and daughter and thanks them for their excellent performance as hosts and then walks into his study. The room would have been airy and wide, hadn't it been filled with bookshelves and all sorts of potted plants. In one corner of the room, surrounded by the masks of his ancestors, stands Germanicus's armour. The senator moves towards it and traces his fingers across the dark leather.

"I wonder if it still fits..."
OOC,Unless called away, Germanicus will stay at home till tomorrow.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:13 am
by CrackheadC.
Aricus will leave for his home and try to sleep well to prepare for the fights.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:31 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus needs a good night's sleep, hopefully without dreams. He will attempt to shadow Caesar the next morning to see if he can prevent, or at least minimize, any coming disaster.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I need to wait for a couple of other threads to wrap up before I move things on to morning. Please be patient.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:52 pm
by HoneyDog
Claudius busied himself with the drudgery of collecting the unconsumed food and drink resulting from the feast. “Why can’t the fools stay at home in their own mess” he grumbled to himself.

He instructed the guards and saw to the guests as ordered, making sure that they had enough food and wine to sate them and avoid any grumbling which might result in blows.

At least he was guaranteed some choice leftovers for Scraps. He sensed however that his master was somewhat uneasy, probably due to the day’s events. He sleeps, hoping for a relatively peaceful morrow.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,There is still going to be some delay, as the players in the other thread need to decide what to do, which will determine whether anything happens before morning.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:39 pm
by Mr. Handy
A servant brought in an Egyptian messenger, the same one who had come earlier that night. He approached Claudius. "I bear another message for your master from Caelia Alba and her friends," he said.

Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:00 am
by HoneyDog
Claudius bowed. "Please wait here" he mumbled. "I will fetch my Marthter".

He shambled off towards his Master's chambers, anxious about disturbing Germanicus's sleep and therefore risking his ire. Luckily, he found that his Master was still awake.

"Very sorry to disturb you Marthter, but the Egyptian messenger has returned. He bears a message from Lady Caelia".

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am
by DrPeterson

Germanicus looks up at the deformed slave.

"Claudius, seldom has so fair a message been brought by one so foul.", he says, not without a kind smile.

Germanicus straightens his toga.

"Send him in at once."

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:47 pm
by HoneyDog
Claudius was relieved to not be on the receiving end of any blows as he shuffled back. But he felt oddly touched by his Master's reaction.

The messenger was waiting where Claudius had left him.

"My Marthter will see you now. Please follow me".

He led the way to Germanicus's chambers.

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:14 pm
by Mr. Handy
The messenger bowed when he entered the room. "Ave, Senator Germanicus," he said. "Caelia Alba wishes it known that her friends Story and Brook have obtained a scroll implicating Senator Scaevola in the plot. She is going home to sleep, and her two cavalry escorts are taking the message to Marcus Antonius in the hopes of convincing him to authorize the Senator's immediate arrest. Senator Scaveola is part of a group known as the Brotherhood of the Beast, and he invited Caelia Alba to join. She has undergone an initiation ritual in order to learn more about them and find out who they are and what they plan. She intends to try to join him at tomorrow's games. She advises sending messages to communicate if necessary, using her injured friend Lucius as an excuse. She suggested that 'He is critical - come at once' could be such a message in the event of an emergency."

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:42 am
by DrPeterson

"Caelia Alba has not been idle this night. Scaevola's treachery was long in the making."

Germanicus takes off one of his rings and hands it to the messenger.

"Thank you, I shall sleep better for this news."

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:55 am
by Mr. Handy
"You are most welcome, Senator. Is there any message you wish me to take back?" asked the messenger as he took the ring.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:30 am
by DrPeterson
"I have no messages for her now. She will need her rest for tomorrow's ordeal. As will we all."

Germanicus takes a wax tabula from one of the nearby tables and erases it with the heat from a candle.
Waiting for a moment to let the wax stiffen, he takes his stylus and writes down a message before folding the tablet shut and sealing it with his seal bearing the Aquila over his initials.
Break the seal to read the message,Ave [b]Marcus Antonius[/b] Your friends [b]Caesar[/b] and [b]Germanicus[/b] think highly of the healer [b]Caelia Alba[/b]. You should adhere to her remedy to purge the illness as best you can.
"But do deliver this to Marcus Antonius on your way back, I do believe his house is no big detour."

OOC Celebrations,this was my 2000th post!

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 am
by Mr. Handy
"It shall be done, Senator," said the servant, bowing and taking his leave.
OOC,[b]Germanicus[/b], please roll Status to see how great an effect your message will have. There will probably be significant delays before this thread can progress, as the people in the other thread still haven't decided on things. I can't be sure this thread won't be affected before morning, so I can't fast forward yet. However, if everyone is going to sleep, I can always give you dreams. That's always fun. :twisted:

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:02 am
by DrPeterson
Status 70%,[dice]0[/dice]
To sleep,perchance to dream? Yes, give us dreams! I thought the other thread was winding down given the appearance of the messenger. :)

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I had thought it might be winding down earlier too, but there are still things they're doing, and I'm not sure how long that will take or what will happen as a result. I'm also still waiting to hear what some players are doing, but I've set a time limit before I move things forward anyway. Is anyone other than [b]Aricus[/b] not staying here tonight?

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:32 am
by CrackheadC.
OOC,I just wanted to assure you that I'm still checking the thread sporadically, I just don't have anything to add as of yet.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:32 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus, like other members of his profession, is very much used to having dreams, prophetic or not.

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:00 am
by Mr. Handy
Aricus returned to his own quarters to get some sleep in order to be rested for the gladiatorial games in the morning. Germanicus and Claudius slept in their own beds. Even though he was a slave, Claudius was a slave in a great house, and he had a real bed, though nowhere near as luxurious as his master's. Titus and Decius remained as the Senator's guests, soon falling asleep in their own rooms.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Perchance to Dream