Kingsport Horror (ic)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Kingsport Horror (ic)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Increase Speed from 3 (4) to 4 (5). Decrease Sneak from 3 to 2. I'm planning to head to the Silver Twilight Lodge. Next turn I intend to use the tablet and visit the Witch House.
Turn 6 Upkeep, Curiosity Shoppe

Mandy looks outside and sees that the streets were now rivers of mud. "It's further along than I thought!" she exclaims. "I'd better hurry; time is running out!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by ProfToff »

Upkeep T6(Focus 2)
No change, refresh brazier
Speed/Sneak: 4/2 (4/5)
Fight/Will : 4/0 (4/3)
Lore/Luck : 3/3 (5/4)
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Movement T6(Focus 2)
Hibbs>>Eastown>>Downtgown>>Asylum
Recover a San instead of an encounter

Rex felt his jangled nerves calming and dozed on on the comfy psychiatrist's couch. In his dreams a giant hand moved around a clockface and in the distance behind the ivory white plane something lived in the shadows. He came to with a start and although he felt refreshed his heart was beating a little bit faster.
Last edited by ProfToff on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Mandy[/b] gains one Clue token. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3618580/]Will(-1) check (Will 3 - 1 = 2 dice) in the Silver Twilight Lodge (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3618585/]Will(-1) check (Will 3 - 1 = 2 dice) in the Silver Twilight Lodge, reroll from Research (2d6.hits(5)=2)[/url].
Turn 6 Movement, Curiositie Shoppe->Northside->Merchant District->Rivertown->French Hill->Silver Twilight Lodge

Mandy races through the streets to French Hill and into the Lodge house, where it's nice and dry.

Turn 6 Arkham Encounter, Silver Twilight Lodge->French Hill

Mandy walks across the candlelit vestibule. Three men emerge from a door at the other end and approach her, all wearing suits and ties. The one in the center has deep, dark eyes that seem to look through her. The two on either side of him look like hired muscle, big and dumb. Neither of them seems to have a neck.

"Good day, Miss Thompson," says the man in the middle. "I'm Carl Sanford."

"How did you know my name?" asks Mandy.

"I know all sorts of things. Would you care to join the Order?"

Mandy has heard of the Silver Twilight Lodge's collection of occult writings and artifacts. Having access to them would be a great boon. "Sure!"

"The monthly dues are three dollars, payable now."

Mandy frowns. She had spent so much on the tablet that she doesn't quite have enough left. "I, uh, seem to be a little short on funds right now."

"When you have them, return and we'll talk. Boys, show her the door." Carl Sanford spins on his heel and goes back through the interior door, closing it behind him. The two gorillas advance on her.

"That's okay, I can see it from here," quips Mandy. The brutes ignore her protests. Each of them grabs her by the elbow and they lift her off of the floor, walking towards the exit. "Look, fellas, there's got to be a better way to pick me up."

"You're real pretty," drawled one of them, stroking her cheek. "I bet we could have fun with you."

Mandy swallows in fear, but she thinks quickly. In her studies she had learned the Silver Twilight Lodge's secret handshake, and she tries it out on him. "It'll have to be another time, guys. I have important Lodge business."

The goon scratches his head, confused. Without two brain cells to rub together, he is perplexed by conflicting information. He and his buddy carry Mandy to the exit and gently set her down on her feet outside, closing the door behind them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Miskato ... _Anomalies!
Two doom tokens added to doom track (7 of 11).
Monster movement: Formless Spawn -> Merchant District
Rift progress marker--7th House on the Left (white hex.; black slash, triangle and star).

Mudslides (1d6=6)
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

SANITY 6/6
STAMINA 2/4

Turn 7 upkeep - Just remembered that I should be rolling to see whether I keep the blessing, which I do:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3620262/

Turn 7

Chatting with Gladys, she gathers up the tea things. Grateful for the break Carolyn gets ready to go.

Unfortunately, Gladys comes back with a fresh pot of tea, and a photo album.

This was going to take a while.

Remove rift marker from 7th House on the left.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Upkeep T7(Focus 2)
Will up 2
Speed/Sneak: 3/3 (4/5)
Fight/Will : 2/2 (4/3)

Movement T7
Asylum>>Downtown>>Northside>>Shoppe
Encounter
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 7, Upkeep
No changes.
Movement
Miskatonic U. -> Merchant Dist.
ImageImage
Horror check vs. Formless Spawn (1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=5), success. Combat check vs. Formless Spawn (1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=1), splatted!

He feels a little depressed, a pervading sensation that he has not made his "mark" in life.

"There must be something I can achieve, some contribution I can make . . . but what?"

Luke wanders into the Merchant District.

The Formless Spawn is there for him, if it had eyes it would wink "Come on!" Luke--almost glad--draws his sword and charges the beastie, hewing at it with a reckless swing, which separates the globular head from the neck. The remains shrivel and dissolve into an oily puddle. Luke scoops with a tobacco tin at the puddle and takes a trophy.
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

Turn 7
Upkeep - return to Arkham at the Asylum.
Movement - none
Arkham Encounters - therapy!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No change.
Turn 7 Upkeep, French Hill

Mandy slogs through the mud-choked streets, trying to move as quickly as possible. She knows that time is very short.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3621428/]Using the Ancient Tablet (2d6.hits(5)=0)[/url]. [b]Mandy[/b] spends 3 movement points to use Ancient Tablet. She discards Ancient Tablet and gains four Clue tokens, giving her a total of five. I'm going to get a Blessing at the South Church in exchange for my Gate trophy. Next turn I'm heading for Unknown Kadath. If for some reason the Mudslides already moved me to Southside, I'll enter Unknown Kadath right now instead. If anyone needs Research, just ask.
Turn 7 Movement, French Hill->Southside->South Church

Mandy races across Southside and into the comforting South Church. Once she's safely inside, she sits in a pew and studies the ancient tablet she had purchased. Her eyes go wide as her mind is overwhelmed with realization. "I know what I have to do now!" she says. "The barrier between dimensions has weakened in the woods nearby, and I now have all of the knowledge I need to seal it for good."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Mandy[/b] turns in her Gate trophy and gains a Blessing.
Turn 7 Arkham Encounter, South Church

Mandy bows her head and prays fervently for the strength and wisdom she needs to save the world. When she is done, she feels that her prayers have been answered.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

bugger, just when I put my Fight down as well!
2d6.hits(5)=0
The Abysss for me!!
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Rex blinked. One minute he thought he'd been peering at a shelf of old almanacs, the next he was sat on a gloomy plain surrounded by mushrooms. Strange, normally he'd have eaten the mushrooms before this kind of shit hapened. Deciding caution was better than valour he ignored the mushrooms and when he blinked next he was back in the Shoppe.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

SANITY 6/6
STAMINA 2/4

Turn 7 encounter

Finally managing to extricate herself from being inside Gladys's house, she stepped out of the door and into the fresh air.

Walking a few steps, a man in a tweed suit approached, "That woman just doesn't understand how much I need that journal for my research. Maybe you could help me out? Mrs Pickman has something I need, perhaps you could get it for me?"

Between the implied sneakyness that he was suggesting, and the idea that she would have to spend another couple of hours in the house, Carolyn politely declined.

Remove rift marker from 7th House on the left.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Doom token added to the doom track (8 of 11).
ImageImage ImageImage
Monster movement: Gug -> Rivertown
Rift progress marker--Congregational Hospital (black hex.; white slash, triangle and star).

Mudslides (1d6=6)
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Upkeep T8(Focus 2)
Sneak up 1
Speed/Sneak: 3/3 (4/5)
Fight/Will : 2/2 (4/3)
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

SANITY 6/6
STAMINA 2/4

SPEED/SNEAK 3/0
FIGHT/WILL 1/4
LORE/LUCK 4/3

Turn 8 upkeep

None, getting ready to go to the congregational hospital to flip a rift marker.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8, Upkeep
No changes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Mandy[/b] increases Sneak from 2 to 4 and decreases Speed from 4(5) to 2(3). There is no need to roll to keep the Blessing this turn.
Turn 8 Upkeep, South Church
Mandy rises from the pew, gathers herself together, and prepares to head out. She resolves to be more cautious this time.

Turn 8 Movement, South Church->Southside->Uptown->Woods
Mandy goes through Southside and heads uptown, where she leaves Arkham and starts hiking through the woods, taking care not to draw attention to herself. Still, she cannot shake the feeling that she's being watched. It's as if Yibb-Tstll is aware of her efforts and is taking steps to thwart her. She knows she's getting close to the hole in reality.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 8, Movement
Merch. Dist. -> Downtown -> Easttown -> Police Station
Pick up the Clue token.

Luke steps off the tram in Easttown and is greeted by a tide of humanity coming from Rivertown. He stops, curious, like a rock on a beach, as people stream pass. A few blocks away an incessant roaring can be heard, it seems as if an elderly retarded lion has escaped its cage; a puzzled Luke attempts to calculate when the circus is next due in town. A woman jogs towards him, with a see-saw wobble, because she only has one shoe on, the other broken shoe is in her hand. She trips and collapses at Luke's feet; it is only now that he notices the blood, seeping from a bite to her shoulder.

"Ma'am, are you okay? How do you feel?"

The woman spits a molar and mucus, and pink saliva dribbles down her chin.

"How does it look to you?"

She rises from the sidewalk and wobbles away.

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”