Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Re: Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:Peacehammer, ProfToff, did you want to post any flavour text for your Arkham Encounter? Whatever, the Mythos Phase will be posted later today. :)
Ok, I thought that was the turn that I was delayed eating biscuits.

Has another rift progress marker been added on 7th house on the left? In that case, I might as well stay where I am.

What victory conditions are we playing to? It seems a bit near the wire at the moment.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Any chance someone could clear a path through the Merchant District for me pls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I had said I was planning to go to the Witch House for the Clue this turn, but now that I've ended up in the street I can use the Tablet and still get the one in the Graveyard if I don't get four Clues that way. If I do, I'll be maxed out, so I'll want to head towards an open Gate instead. Unfortunately, I can't reach any with two movement points except R'lyeh, but I could deal with the Formless Spawn in that event.

We need six sealed Gates to win, and we have two. Don't forget that Cultists can destroy Elder Signs, and there's already one on the board. Luckily, it hasn't moved yet. We could alternatively win by having no open Gates while we collectively hold five or more Gate trophies, but that's unlikely to happen. Or we can beat the Ancient One after it awakens, which is even less likely. We really need to get some more Gates sealed, fast.

My Personal Story allows me to automatically close and seal a Gate of my choice after five Gates fail to open due to our Elder Signs. So far this hasn't even happened once.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

I'll clear the spawn then and set myself up to try and catch the cultist before jumping in another dimension!!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:Ok, I thought that was the turn that I was delayed eating biscuits.

Has another rift progress marker been added on 7th house on the left? In that case, I might as well stay where I am.
Carolyn has been delayed, again, by the old biddy. You'll have to pour another cup of tea. . . . The upside is that a rift progress marker was added to this location.
Mr. Handy wrote: I had said I was planning to go to the Witch House for the Clue this turn, but now that I've ended up in the street I can use the Tablet and still get the one in the Graveyard if I don't get four Clues that way. If I do, I'll be maxed out, so I'll want to head towards an open Gate instead. Unfortunately, I can't reach any with two movement points except R'lyeh, but I could deal with the Formless Spawn in that event.
Scratch Luke's intent for Witch House, he'd be better suited to fight the Formless Spawn.

Oh, Mandy is effected by Mudslides.
ProfToff wrote: I'll clear the spawn then and set myself up to try and catch the cultist before jumping in another dimension!!
Rex's Will isn't up to the Horror check, Luke can do it, but he moves last. :(

Michael can go to Arkham Asylum?
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:Carolyn has been delayed, again, by the old biddy. You'll have to pour another cup of tea. . . . The upside is that a rift progress marker was added to this location.
Oh well. It is a bit annoying because if you look at the encounters for the 7th house on the left, a lot of them have really cool items and spells as part of them:

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/7th_House_on_the_Left
Mr. Handy wrote:We need six sealed Gates to win, and we have two.
Huh.

Well, good luck to those in Arkham then. If I can ever get away from Gladys and close rift markers then I will help close gates! For now, clearing rift markers is probably the best thng I can do.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

ProfToff wrote:I'll clear the spawn then and set myself up to try and catch the cultist before jumping in another dimension!!
Yeah scratch that, I can beat the spawn but will leave me on 1 San, only 2 Will and 2 beasties waiting in the sky to pounce anad end my lucky run sanity. I'll wait a turn for Luke to clear the Spawn. I'll try for an encounter at the Curiosity Shoppe, see if I get lucky.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:Oh well. It is a bit annoying because if you look at the encounters for the 7th house on the left, a lot of them have really cool items and spells . . .
Maybe Carolyn will get lucky soon because she has another encounter at the 7th house this turn.

I'll post the encounters tomorrow morning. If BlackSmoke doesn't post, I'll do it tomorrow, and send Michael to the asylum.
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

The asylum or the hospital! Michael needs to go to both! With his strong body I suppose the Asylum is more pressing!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Wait, I got moved by the Mudslides? The card says that only happens on a 1, and you rolled a 6.

How many turns did Carolyn forget to roll to keep her Blessing? You'll need to roll for any turns that you forgot, though you don't roll for the turn after you receive it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote:Wait, I got moved by the Mudslides? The card says that only happens on a 1, and you rolled a 6.
I wasn't clear, Mandy could be effected by the "Mudslides " mythos card (each player in a street checks). Mandy: Mudslides (1d6=2)
How many turns did Carolyn forget to roll to keep her Blessing? You'll need to roll for any turns that you forgot, though you don't roll for the turn after you receive it.
I totally forgot about this, okay, I see Peacehammer rolled Turn 7, the "Blessing" mythos card appeared in Turn 2, so rolls are required for turns 4, 5 and 6. T4: keep Blessing? (1d6=1)--bugger, I knew I should not have rolled for you! and Mandy used her re-roll ability Turn 4.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arkham Encounter
7th House on the Left
You come across a man in a tweed suit staring somewhat forlornly at one of the houses. Sighing, he says, "That woman just doesn't understand how much I need that journal for my research." Looking up, he notices you. "Maybe you could help me out?" If you pass a Sneak (-2) check or discard the Old Journal, Professor Morgan thanks you. Take his Ally card or, if it's not available, take the first Weapon from the Common Item deck.

Curiositie Shoppe
A pulsing void gapes behind a bookshelf, sending out waves of heat. Pass a Fight (-1) check or it sucks you in, hurling you into the Abyss. Have one encounter there, then immediately return.

Remember,
If anyone needs Research, just ask.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Research can only be used on skill checks, not on things like rolling to keep a Blessing - or the Ancient Tablet, for that matter. I think I'd rather have the Clues anyway, since they're so scarce and we need to seal Gates.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:Image
phew!
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:Arkham Encounter
7th House on the Left
You come across a man in a tweed suit staring somewhat forlornly at one of the houses. Sighing, he says, "That woman just doesn't understand how much I need that journal for my research." Looking up, he notices you. "Maybe you could help me out?" If you pass a Sneak (-2) check or discard the Old Journal, Professor Morgan thanks you. Take his Ally card or, if it's not available, take the first Weapon from the Common Item deck.
Hmm, with a sneak of 0, and -2 to the check, pretty sure I won't be passing that one... Shame, he isn't bad as an ally:

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Professor_Morgan
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:Hmm, with a sneak of 0, and -2 to the check, pretty sure I won't be passing that one... Shame, he isn't bad as an ally
What you could try is to roll a d6 by burning Clues; Carolyn has 2, and it's a skill check,--thank you, Mr. Handy--so she can re-roll using Mandy's "Research."
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:
Peacehammer wrote:Hmm, with a sneak of 0, and -2 to the check, pretty sure I won't be passing that one... Shame, he isn't bad as an ally
What you could try is to roll a d6 by burning Clues; Carolyn has 2, and it's a skill check,--thank you, Mr. Handy--so she can re-roll using Mandy's "Research."
Yeah, I thought of that, with the research materials, I actually have 3. That ally is good, but I am not sure he is that good.

Besides, there is bound to be a gate opening up here soon, so I need to hoard all the clues I can get in order to close it.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

A Rumor, fantastic! Luke has 2 Spells, he could buy another, and if he was given 2 more. . . .

It's Turn 8, Mr. Handy is the first player. Luke could go to Police Station and pick up the Clue (avoiding Rivertown and the Gug).
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:A Rumor, fantastic! Luke has 2 Spells, he could buy another, and if he was given 2 more. . . .

It's Turn 8, Mr. Handy is the first player. Luke could go to Police Station and pick up the Clue (avoiding Rivertown and the Gug).
When I read that I thought that you meant that it was good. I am still not sure. Also: I think you only need to discard 4 spells, not 5:
From the card wrote: ...if a single player discards 3 spells (4 if there are 5 or more players)...
That is still quite a lot though. Is it worth trying to achieve?

It will essentially last 5 turns before it gets nasty but at the rate we are going at it will be game over in less than 5 turns, even without diverting our attention on something new.

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”