Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

Post by Tabs »

ProfToff wrote: Assuming the Bless roll was part of the Mythos condition, not sure I've seen it before. 2 questions...
1. Does it affect me in the Otherworld?
2. If so does it remove my curse?
I say "Yes" to both.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by ProfToff »

in that case that is an immense result. Once ah restored my Sanity i is goin to hunt me some trophies!!
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

@ProffToff - that was a great roll.

Ok, so I have gone to the train station, I will have an encounter there and move to Kingsport next turn as I have run out of movement.

Does the environment card of the hailstorm affect the Kingsport board as well?
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

Michael will discard Dynamite and Obsidian Statue. I'll repeat this in the ic thread but could I ask someone to make the mythos roll for me?

Wrong game! :)
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

BlackSmoke wrote:Michael will discard Dynamite and Obsidian Statue. I'll repeat this in the ic thread but could I ask someone to make the mythos roll for me?

Hey, I am the one with dynamite here, you leave it alone!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke wrote:Michael will discard Dynamite and Obsidian Statue. I'll repeat this in the ic thread but could I ask someone to make the mythos roll for me?

Luck check--to be Blessed (1d6=1)

ProfToff, is Rex returning to Indie Sq. or Black Cave?

Oh! Is there a problem to register at Invisible Castle? I read somewhere that it doesn't like spaces in names e.g. Michael McGlen, I s'pose it likes Michael_McGlen instead.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Peacehammer wrote:@ProffToff - that was a great roll.
A real make or breaker Al, I almost punched the air! (I just might well of around a table)

I would have a go at the Star Spawn@Black Cave but 2 San Horror loss immediately institutionalises me. If anyone can think of a way around that I'd be happy to take it on, as it is I think it's going to have to be Independence Square and I am going to shaft someone.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:Oh! Is there a problem to register at Invisible Castle? I read somewhere that it doesn't like spaces in names e.g. Michael McGlen, I s'pose it likes Michael_McGlen instead.
I registered 2 different usernames with 2 different email addresses, both showed activation messages sent but neither have appeared in my inboxes. Check my spam folders as well. I will send a mail to IC support, it has been long enough now.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke didn't manage to post Michael McGlen's Upkeep and Movement, hopefully he'll pop in soon, and then we can do the encounters.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke wrote: Take Yithian as monster trophy!
Well done!

Arkham Encounter
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Train_Station (AH)
Joey "the Rat" . . .
http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Research_Materials

Other World Encounter
Celeano (Other) [MH/KH]
Your terrible thirst has finally convinced you to try drinking some of the water here. Make a Luck (-1) check:
Successes
0) Lose 1 Stamina
1) No effect
2) Gain 1 Stamina
3) Gain 1 Stamina and draw 1 Spell
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should definitely buy that! WIth the 5 Clue limit, we'll not only need every Clue we can get, but this is also a way around the limit. You can have the Research Materials in addition to 5 Clues, so it's like having an ace up your sleeve in case of an emergency.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Mr. Handy wrote:You should definitely buy that! WIth the 5 Clue limit, we'll not only need every Clue we can get, but this is also a way around the limit. You can have the Research Materials in addition to 5 Clues, so it's like having an ace up your sleeve in case of an emergency.

Agreed, I have also seen some Kingsport encounters where you can get a special outcome by discarding research materials.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote: Drawing closer he said "Well you can have them for less if you give me a kiss" and he puckered up.
Taking out $2 from her purse, she poked the money into his open mouth . . .
I like it!
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

whats the difficulty on the Ind Sq. gate peeps?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Both Celeano gates are -1, but remember that you don't have to roll when using an Elder Sign. You just lose 1 Sanity and 1 Stamina.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

This makes me sound a sad-o: I woke up this morning and thought of: http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Severe_Hailstorm the environment mythos card is still in force; therefore Michael McGlen loses an item. :(

Edit: there is a new environment mythos card this turn, so scratch the above. I'll post the Mythos Phase later today.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It is Turn 4, Upkeep. Carolyn is the first player. Regards the Mythos card, we all have a Clue token, so the text does not apply to us this turn.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Ok, I have done my upkeep, but just so I am clear, to close a rift, I need to have an encounter in these 4 places:

Rift progress marker--7th House on the Left (white cross, black moon).
Rift progress marker--607 Water St. + Congregational Hospital (white square & diamond, black circle).
Rift progress marker--Hall School (white hex.; black slash, triangle and star).

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Rift_track

Once they have all been investigated, the rift closes. Is that correct?

In the movement phase I think the train will take me to Central hill, and then I can go to the 7th House on the left to start closing.

Is it correct that there is a clue in the middle of the street on Central hill, and I will collect it just by walking through, or do I have to stop there?

@Tabs - thanks, I wrote the whole piece round that line because I was thinking about why it cost the extra dollar.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I messed up last turn. I thought my Fight track went up to 4, but it turns out it only goes up to 3. My Lore track goes up to 4, but I don't have enough Focus to get it there in one turn. I should have upped it by one last turn, but it's too late now, and that would have made my Encounter harder by lowering my Luck.

I believe using the Elder Sign causes one of the Doom tokens to be removed, so we should be down to 3.

There are not currently any rifts open (which is a good thing!) Visiting a location on a rift progress marker causes that marker to be removed from the rift track, so I'd start with either 607 Water St. or Congregational Hospital if you can reach one of them. You should probably visit the hospital anyway, and we don't want that track filling up. Once it does and a rift opens, you have to visit all four of that type to close it.

The Clue in the street can only be picked up if you end your movement there. You have better things to do. :)

This turn I'll increase my Lore to 3 in my Upkeep. My movement will be to return to the Black Cave, and in my Arkham Encounter I will try to seal the Gate using Fight. I have Research to help me out if necessary. Next turn I'll raise my Will and fight the Star Spawn (and try again to seal the Gate with Lore 4 if I failed the previous turn), and after that I'll probably head to the Asylum and pay $2 to get my Sanity restored if I lose another 2 from the Star Spawn.

Somebody needs to hunt down that Cultist before it finds our Elder Signs.

I won't be leaving for another 21 hours or so. Another player is already away, I think, but may be able to post. For the next few days, two of us will be away at the same time. Do we pause the game during that time?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:Ok, I have done my upkeep, but just so I am clear, to close a rift, I need to have an encounter in these 4 places:

Rift progress marker--7th House on the Left (white cross, black moon).
Rift progress marker--607 Water St. + Congregational Hospital (white square & diamond, black circle).
Rift progress marker--Hall School (white hex.; black slash, triangle and star).

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Rift_track

Once they have all been investigated, the rift closes. Is that correct?

In the movement phase I think the train will take me to Central hill, and then I can go to the 7th House on the left to start closing.
Yes. I'd consider moving to Congregational Hospital and restoring 1 Stamina. . . . Edit: I see from the ic topic you've moved to the hospital!
Mr. Handy wrote: I messed up last turn. I thought my Fight track went up to 4, but it turns out it only goes up to 3. My Lore track goes up to 4, but I don't have enough Focus to get it there in one turn. I should have upped it by one last turn, but it's too late now, and that would have made my Encounter harder by lowering my Luck.
I didn't notice--(I'm not checking the investigator topic). Anyhow, good luck to Mandy with the gate.
I believe using the Elder Sign causes one of the Doom tokens to be removed, so we should be down to 3.
Thanks. Image Oh, BTW, well done to Rex Murphy.
This turn I'll increase my Lore to 3 in my Upkeep. My movement will be to return to the Black Cave, and in my Arkham Encounter I will try to seal the Gate using Fight. I have Research to help me out if necessary. Next turn I'll raise my Will and fight the Star Spawn (and try again to seal the Gate with Lore 4 if I failed the previous turn), and after that I'll probably head to the Asylum and pay $2 to get my Sanity restored if I lose another 2 from the Star Spawn.
Okay. This turn Luke Robinson will return to Woods and fight the Ghost; on subsequent turns Luke will pick up the Clues at the Science Building, and return to Woods and the gate.
Somebody needs to hunt down that Cultist before it finds our Elder Signs.
I wonder if Rex Murphy is the man for it?
I won't be leaving for another 21 hours or so. Another player is already away, I think, but may be able to post. For the next few days, two of us will be away at the same time. Do we pause the game during that time?
Yes, pause, no worries.

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”