Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Re: Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:Arkham Encounter
7th House on the Left
Wandering through the neighborhood, you run into a little old lady out watering her roses. Talking to her, you find that her name is Gladys Pickman, and before you know it, hours have passed in a fascinating conversation about Kingsport's history. You are delayed.
Hibb's Roadhouse
A horrible monster appears!
ImageImage

That made me sweat. I saw my encounter for the 7th house on the left, then saw the monster, and thought it was mine.

Good luck with that, Toff!

Oh well, being delayed but still helping with closing rifts and picking up a clue.

Also Tabs; I had a look in my lending library, there wasn't a single weapong there at all, even the staplers had been blunted, so where luke got that from, I don't know :? :D .
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:Yes, I should have, shit. As you won't be needing "Research," let's say Rex can use it if he needs to.
Pah! I won't be needing luck, I'm gonna have this on a bap instead of a burger! If I could borrow a dollar offa someone so I can sort my San out that would be much appraciated
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Curiositie Shoppe

Image Any Phase: Place 1 Sanity token from the bank on Crystal of the Elder Things to avoid paying the entire Sanity cost of a spell you are casting. If there are 3 Sanity tokens on it, discard Crystal of the Elder Things.

Image Movement: Exhaust and spend 4 movement points to make a Will (-2) check. If you pass, discard Massa di Requiem per Shuggay, and the Ancient One immediately awakens. If you fail, nothing happens.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The Illuminated Manuscript is from the King in Yellow expansion, which we're not using. So is the Gladius of Carcosa. Luke would find the Crystal, since that was the next Unique Item in line. I'll need two replacement cards.

Also, Michael McGlen has his Encounter at the Black Cave before I get to choose something to buy. If he has to draw any Unique Items, he'll find the Massa di Requiem first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote:The Illuminated Manuscript is from the King in Yellow expansion, which we're not using. So is the Gladius of Carcosa. Luke would find the Crystal, since that was the next Unique Item in line. I'll need two replacement cards.
Meh! how annoying. Those pesky KiY symbols are easy to miss. . . . Okay, I'll put it right.
Peacehammer wrote: Also Tabs; I had a look in my lending library, there wasn't a single weapon there at all, even the staplers had been blunted, so where Luke got that from, I don't know :? :D .
Very prophetic! :lol:

Oh, BTW, Carolyn can go ahead and have her encounter as no one else will be effected.
ProfToff wrote: If I could borrow a dollar offa someone so I can sort my San out that would be much appreciated.
Luke plans to visit The Unammable next turn, and he is the first player, if you follow him there he can give Rex some $s.
Suddenly he felt something brush against his bare arse and he jumped up in shock.
That made me laugh.
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

Hey folks! I'm back now and able to proceed. I'll read back through the thread to see where we are. Are we waiting on me for something?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

BlackSmoke, you're back! Um, I've run Michael into the ground, I'm afraid. He's bagged a Crawling One and a Star Spawn, gained Dark Cloak (for $4), lost 2 Sanity and 6 Stamina, and is LiTaS.

Did you have nice holiday?
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:BlackSmoke, you're back! Um, I've run Michael into the ground, I'm afraid. He's bagged a Crawling One and a Star Spawn, gained Dark Cloak (for $4), lost 2 Sanity and 6 Stamina, and is LiTaS.

:lol:, shame you didn't give him a curse and a madness / injury card, then he would have the full set of bad things.
Tabs wrote: Image
Movement: Exhaust and spend 4 movement points to make a Will (-2) check. If you pass, discard Massa di Requiem per Shuggay, and the Ancient One immediately awakens. If you fail, nothing happens.
Umm, why would you ever use that?

I suppose if you got it really early on, and thought that you could take on the GOO while it was weak. Is that it?
Tabs wrote: Oh, BTW, Carolyn can go ahead and have her encounter as no one else will be affected.
I have had my turn 5, and am delayed - I edited the first turn 5 post I made.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Curiositie Shoppe
Image Movement: Spend 3 movement points and discard Ancient Tablet to roll 2 dice. For every success rolled, draw 1 Spell. For every failure rolled, gain 2 Clue tokens.
Image Any Phase: Lose 2 Stamina and discard Blue Watcher of the Pyramid to automatically succeed at a Combat check or a Fight check or Lore check made to close a gate. This cannot be used against an Ancient One.
BlackSmoke
Layman
Layman

Post by BlackSmoke »

Tabs wrote:BlackSmoke, you're back! Um, I've run Michael into the ground, I'm afraid. He's bagged a Crawling One and a Star Spawn, gained Dark Cloak (for $4), lost 2 Sanity and 6 Stamina, and is LiTaS.

:lol:

He's still alive, though! That's something I suppose. And his personal story is still on by the sounds of it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Peacehammer wrote:
Tabs wrote: Image
Movement: Exhaust and spend 4 movement points to make a Will (-2) check. If you pass, discard Massa di Requiem per Shuggay, and the Ancient One immediately awakens. If you fail, nothing happens.
Umm, why would you ever use that?

I suppose if you got it really early on, and thought that you could take on the GOO while it was weak. Is that it?
That's the only reason I can see to use it. The problem is, I think the Doom Track is automatically filled when the Ancient One awakens. Otherwise, you could use it on the first turn and fight when the Ancient One only had one Doom token. However, there's still an advantage. If Hastur is the Ancient One, his Combat modifier is -X, where X is the Terror level. Better to fight him when it's 0 rather than 10.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote: I have had my turn 5, and am delayed - I edited the first turn 5 post I made.
A new post, rather than edit, is best, otherwise I miss the good stuff.

It is Turn 6, Upkeep; don't forget McGlen misses this turn.

The Clues at The Unammable--which Luke was after--have been zapped; now he'll fight the Shoggoth.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:
Peacehammer wrote: I have had my turn 5, and am delayed - I edited the first turn 5 post I made.
A new post, rather than edit, is best, otherwise I miss the good stuff.
Apologies.

I assume that I can still do upkeep while being delayed?

All the other rift locations are 3 moves away so I need to boost speed.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy, you can have Mandy by-pass Luke on her way to the Lodge, but there is nothing I wish to trade. . . .

I'll post your encounters later today.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

I am goin to jump in a gate and gamble with my 2 San!!
Scratch that, to risky without my brazier ready to go. I will recoup a San @asylum and head into the Dreamlands/Another Dimension next turn.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ProfToff wrote:I am goin to jump in a gate and gamble with my 2 San!!
Scratch that, to risky without my brazier ready to go. I will recoup a San @asylum and head into the Dreamlands/Another Dimension next turn.
The brazier is refreshed--oh, I've seen Rex's Upkeep, and you've done it. Also, Rex only has $1, so no full cure.--gate, gate, gate, gate--no pressure!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arkham Encounter
Silver Twilight Lodge
"Care to join the Order?" Carl Sanford and several of his henchmen ask. If you accept, pay $3 and take a Silver Twilight Membership. If you decline, pass a Will (-1) check or lose 3 Stamina as the henchmen assist you out the door. Whether you pass or not, move to the stree

7th House on the Left
Strolling along the lane, you run into Gladys Pickman out weeding her garden. She takes a liking to you and the two of you spend several hours discussing the latest neighborhood gossip. You are delayed. :roll:
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:
ProfToff wrote:I am goin to jump in a gate and gamble with my 2 San!!
The brazier is refreshed--oh, I've seen Rex's Upkeep, and you've done it. Also, Rex only has $1, so no full cure.--gate, gate, gate, gate--no pressure!

With 2 San and zero Will any monster could well screw me, 'sides the gate ain't goin anywhere.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mandy swallows in fear, but she thinks quickly. In her studies she had learned the Silver Twilight Lodge's secret handshake, and she tries it out on him. "It'll have to be another time, guys. I have important Lodge business."

The goon scratches his head, confused.
Nice one, Mandy.

Peacehammer, ProfToff, did you want to post any flavour text for your Arkham Encounter? Whatever, the Mythos Phase will be posted later today. :)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Doom track is now 7 of 11. :evil:

It is Turn 7, BlackSmoke is the first player.

Luke will go to Witch House and pick up the Clue. Does that tread on any toes? . . .

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”