Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

In the sleepy town of Kingsport, unspeakable horror hides awaiting its time. Not only does Tulzscha run rampant, but it also blazes a trail for Yibb-Tstll. Five ordinary people from various walks of life will try to prevent it from destroying all they hold dear. Will they succeed?

Moderator: Tabs

Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Re: Arkham Horror chat (ooc)

Post by Peacehammer »

Ok, so I am going to the hospital.

Does getting healing there count as having an encounter for the purposes of closing rifts, or do I have to have an actual encounter?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote:Ok, so I am going to the hospital.

Does getting healing there count as having an encounter for the purposes of closing rifts, or do I have to have an actual encounter?
Yes, it counts as an encounter.
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:
Peacehammer wrote:Ok, so I am going to the hospital.

Yes, it counts as an encounter.
Sweet. I would write something up for this encounter in the usual way, but does anyone have any idea how having encounters closes rifts - fluff wise?

Tabs wrote:
Peacehammer wrote:Ok, I have done my upkeep, but just so I am clear, to close a rift,

-snip-

In the movement phase I think the train will take me to Central hill, and then I can go to the 7th House on the left to start closing.
Yes. I'd consider moving to Congregational Hospital and restoring 1 Stamina. . . . Edit: I see from the ic topic you've moved to the hospital!
I think we posted at pretty much the same time.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Don't forget to deduct Luke's Sanity for failing the Horror check against the Ghost.
Luke succeeded at the check--rolled a 6.
She is so overjoyed at her success that she fails to notice the trail of viscous slime leading away from where the gate had once been and out of the cave mouth...
ImageImage --it's a bad boy!

Mr. Handy, how did it go at the convention?
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Can you evade until someone else has a pop at it!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I can take it!"

I'll never get two successes on an Evade check, Dark Cloak or no. Of course, if someone who goes before me on Turn 5 wants to take it out before my turn, I won't mind...
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Peacehammer wrote: . . . does anyone have any idea how having encounters closes rifts - fluff wise?
No, no idea. :)
Mandy Thompson wrote: "I can take it!"
Madness awaits.

Okay, Turn 4, Rex is sane once again, Mandy sealed a gate (2 of 6), Carolyn removed a Rift marker, Luke destroyed his nanny and Michael . . .
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

Tabs wrote:
Peacehammer wrote: . . . does anyone have any idea how having encounters closes rifts - fluff wise?
No, no idea. :)
While it is a good game mechanic, it seems like an odd thing based on the background material. Lacking any other suggestions, I reverted to my usual fiction state: mild nonsense.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image
Of course, if someone who goes before me on Turn 5 wants to take it out before my turn, I won't mind...
I'll have a go at it...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're getting much too far ahead! We haven't even had the Mythos Phase for Turn 4 yet. There may be something more important for you to do after that. Mandy can defeat the Star Spawn if necessary.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Peacehammer
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Peacehammer »

@Toff, about the dice roller, are you sure that you have to log in?

I didn't, I just put a username in and the dice that I want it to roll. It seems to be keeping track of that.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'm itching to get this game moving, but BlackSmoke is due back from his hols. this weekend, so we'll wait until Sunday evening; if he hasn't posted by then, I'll post Michael McGlen's Turn 4. (Michael's Uptown, so I was thinking of Witch House or Silver Twilight Lodge?--Luke wants those Clues at the Science Building.)

Regards dice rolling, I'm easy as to how you do it; roll some cubes, even.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Peacehammer wrote:@Toff, about the dice roller, are you sure that you have to log in?
Nah Al, it won't recognise my username and I still ahven't recieved either of the 2 activation notices I've been told I've been sent or had a reply to the message I sent asking for help with it.
Tabs wrote:Regards dice rolling, I'm easy as to how you do it; roll some cubes, even.
I guess I'll keep using the Test user at InvisibleCastle then until my account is sorted.
Mr. Handy wrote:You're getting much too far ahead! We haven't even had the Mythos Phase for Turn 4 yet. There may be something more important for you to do after that. Mandy can defeat the Star Spawn if necessary.
Sorry mate eager to move on (and kick some monster @rse now I ain't cursed :) )
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Turn 5, Rex is the first player.

Do you think that the Mythos card "Mudslides" applies immediately? (Michael is in Easttown.)
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Tabs wrote:Do you think that the Mythos card "Mudslides" applies immediately? (Michael is in Easttown.)
I'd apply it immediately.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Is Rex still going to fight the Star Spawn? If so, I'll go shopping for Unique Items and hope for an Elder Sign or something else good that I can afford. Otherwise, I'll fight it myself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ProfToff, Michael McGlen can fight the Star Spawn or pick up the Clues at The Unammable--you decide on whether Rex is to have a slap at the baddie.

Luke's Speed is piss-poor, now the Science Building has a gate, he'll go to Library.
ProfToff
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ProfToff »

Over to Mike for some monster wuppin!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arkham Encounter
7th House on the Left
Wandering through the neighborhood, you run into a little old lady out watering her roses. Talking to her, you find that her name is Gladys Pickman, and before you know it, hours have passed in a fascinating conversation about Kingsport's history. You are delayed.
Hibb's Roadhouse
A horrible monster appears!
ImageImage
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote: You should have asked me to use Research in the first round. One of those rerolled dice would have been bound to succeed. I'm going shopping, so I don't need it for myself. I'll need to see what Unique Items are for sale before I can have my encounter.
Yes, I should have, shit. As you won't be needing "Research," let's say Rex can use it if he needs to.

Return to “Episode 5 - Kingsport Horror”