Blood Brothers type Zombie game- needs players

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Blood Brothers type Zombie game- needs players

Post by welsh »

I am starting a Blood Brothers campaign on the board I regularly administer. My intention is to recruit players for the Lure of the Nile campaign here, but in fairness the board is also open to players from here.

Essentially the campaing involves a group of people stuck in a Truck Stop in Nebraska at the beginning of Zombie Apocalypse! It's a Romero type zombie infestation with some twists. I have canned characters already planned and the opening post.

If you enjoy the Romero Night of the Living Dead trilogy or the current remakes, or zombie flicks in general, you may wish to check it out-

OCC discussion-
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19252
Character thread-
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19267
IC thread-
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19285

I plan to get this going next week. I may also move the campaign or try it here depending on how it plays out.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
SuAside
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by SuAside »

seems like there isn't much zombielove here :(
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Ok, people are finally getting attacked by the evil dead and other strange bits.

We've still got openings for new characters if anyone is interested.

- Anonymous Cannibal
Crackhead Colin
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Crackhead Colin »

I'm very interested, Ill register and shoot you a pm on your forums. Would I have to take one of the people already at one of the two locations or would I be able to create a survivor from the outside?
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Hey Crackhead-

We will probably have a few survivors come through, but we also have characters at both locations. Let me know what you want to do.

Incidently, this is pretty light CoC- no real presence of the Cthulhu mythos at all. The cause and nature of the zombies is a bit different and there are added "bad things" - some normal and others paranormal.

It's started a bit slow but the body count is increasing-
I have had - two characters bitten by strange aliens, one of which has been zombiefied. Another character had his head ripped off by a zombie. Another had his head bashed in with a metal wrench. It's a bloody game, Others are trying to land a helicopter in a field, some are trying to navigate around zombies, others trying to fortify a diner against zombie onslaught, some being chased by zombies, others hunting zombies, some dodging zombies, others trying to prevent nuclear apocalypse.... Plus we have people trying to psychoanalyze, repair trucks, repair helicopters, administer first aid..... Meanwhile the world is unraveling while mankind tries to overcome the collective action problems of survival.....

- Anonymous Cannibal
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Zombie Apoc is still looking for a few good players.

A small group of apocalype survivors are stranded in an out-of-the way off ramp of I-80 in Nebraska. The morning news reports mass cannibalism and rioting in major streets. Stranded, the group must try to organize to survive. But each character hides secrets and their own agenda. Can they overcome their selfish human nature to survive?

Is the spread of mass cannibalism in some way connected to the meteor storm last night?

Update- A news team has had a run in with a mass of 'creatures' on the highway and barely escaped, losing only one of their number. Others have discovered that a strange insect creature spreads the "zombie" effect through lethal injection, but the knowledge comes at a loss of six characters and the survivor is on the run.

Meanwhile one group tries to find a way to get important scientific information to the Center for Disease Control's Crisis Response Center in Omaha.

Another group has learned of a criminal conspiracy that may divide them. People are willing to kill to keep secrets hidden.

A third group has managed to maintain ties with the rest of the world and sees the spread of chaos sweep across continents. Now they provide critical communication and intelligence to a nearby nuclear missile base and have been told to "hold out at all costs." Can they prevent total nuclear apocalypse?

The survivors have had their first lethal run-in with the living dead. But more are coming.... many more.

Can they hold out? Can they find the secret to prevent......

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!

Background- http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19252
Characters- http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19267
Body Count- http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19802
Game- http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... 85&start=0

- Anonymous Cannibal
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Me! Me! I want to join! I love a good apocalypse tale.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Raiko
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Post by Raiko »

Hi Welsh,

I think I'd like to join in as well, I'll PM my character idea later tonight.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

You're both more than welcome to join.

Well in fact we already have some pre-rolled characters in the game. More are on their way. A few players have disappeared so some of those that had been taken are back in.

The pre-rolled are currently in. THe new characters will have to be introduced.

- Anonymous Cannibal
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

Heads up!
The zombie horde is closing in!

Can our group get the guns in time?

Will those stuck on the roof top escape?
Will the nearby airforce base attempt a rescue or...
will there be nuclear war?

What's the local militia up to now?
What are those strange flying mosquito creatures really up to?

Is this really the beginning of an
Alien Invasion?

And you?
Are you up to facing the Zombie Apocalypse?
Do you think you have the skills to survive a Zombie dominated world? Will you be one of the few lucky ones who are able to out live, out last and out wit the living dead?
To rebuild society?
To find a way to prevent and survive the Zombie Apocalypse?

Check it out at NMA'S Zombie Apocalypse.

- Anonymous Cannibal
angus_mcben
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Joining

Post by angus_mcben »

Hi,

I'm interested in joining your game. I've read through your site and like what I see. I've played in quite a few online RPGs and have always been a big Zombie fan.
How do I go about joining, should I send you a character concept or are their still pre-made jobbies up for grabs?

Thanks,

Ben.
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Re: Joining

Post by welsh »

angus_mcben wrote: Hi,

I'm interested in joining your game. I've read through your site and like what I see. I've played in quite a few online RPGs and have always been a big Zombie fan.
How do I go about joining, should I send you a character concept or are their still pre-made jobbies up for grabs?

Thanks,

Ben.

New meat.. ah players.. always welcomed. For the most part we have a cast of characters already present, so we're relying on pregens. I am willing to accept new characters, but will have to figure out how to get them into the story.

Join? You would probably have to join NMA, but that's simple and opens you to the best Fallout fan site on the web. Characters are pre-gens for now, so don't worry about that. Try to follow the story line. Characters are not all that they may appear to be. Most have secrets that I will pm you. A new group of characters is also planned for the future, but probably won't show up until the survivors battle the first big zombie horde.

I have to admit, it helps if you are willing to play a female character (but I have a thing for kick ass female characters).

- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm now co-keeping Zombie Apocalypse along with Welsh. Things are getting exciting, and it's looking very grim for our heroes...

The truck stop is being torn apart by zombies and by a violent, heavily armed group of skinheads. A grenade just killed two people in the diner and seriously wounded a third. Can the others get him out of harm's way before the zombies catch up with them?

Mr. Foo, the elderly Chinese owner of the motel across from the truck stop with a very mysterious past, has barely managed to gun down the skinhead leader before he could detonate an explosive charge that could level the place. Then he survived a grenade landing near him miraculously, with only light wounds...but zombies are closing in on him fast, and he moves a lot slower than he used to. Can he get to safety in time?

A crippled, badly wounded skinhead has gone insane and is trying to reach the dropped detonator in order to blow up himself, the zombies, and everyone else nearby. Can anyone stop him?

What dark secrets lurk in the recently discovered 1950's federal prison hidden beneath the truck stop?

Six people are desperately trying to fend off an unending horde of zombies until a helicopter can be refueled...and there's only space in the chopper for four. Will they survive to bring it back?

The brilliant scientist Stephanie Bridges is slowly piecing together the nature of the threat, but she's in way over her head and must fight desperately against the attacking zombies. Can she save her friends? Can she save the world?

Perhaps all of these things are possible...with your help! Will you perish as the world is overrun by the living dead, or will you heed the call to rise up and fight back against impossible odds to survive the

Zombie Apocalypse

New players would be very welcome. It's not too late to join in. Several characters have died, but there are plenty left to choose from and more are on the way.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by OathinBlood »

Anymore room for players?
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Any more room for players?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As a matter of fact there is! I'm glad you asked. We've just started Chapter 2 a few weeks ago, and a bunch of new characters have been added that are available for new players, so if you don't have time to read Chapter 1 you can just read Chapter 2 so far and jump in with no problem. Welsh has also written up a synopsis of Chapter 1 if you'd like that, but it's very heavy on spoilers.

At the moment there remain five new characters introduced in Chapter 2 who are available for new players to take over. There are many more characters from the original cast available as well. The characters are all pre-gens, and each player chooses three (or sometimes four) of them.

You'll need to register on No Mutants Allowed in order to post on the forum, though you can still read posts before you register. The registration link is here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/profil ... e=register

The site will not allow you to register using a Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, or gmail account, but if you do not have any other account Welsh can still get you registered since he's an admin there. Just drop him a PM with your email address and he'll get you on the board.

This thread contains the lists of characters, both old and new, and tells you which ones are currently being played and by whom, as well as their current physical and mental health, and whether they are dead: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34327

Here's the In Character story thread for Chapter 2: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34128

The following new characters are still available, on a first come first serve basis. Another new player still has to choose one of them as well:
-Lt. Angela Blanco, US Army Medical Research and Development Command, US Army Research Institute for Infectious Disease
-Airman Steve Phillips, Medic
-Airman Carlos Duran, Fire Team 1
-Corporal William Alanen, Fire Team 2
-Airman Bruce Thayer, Fire Team 2

There are also a few characters from the original cast who had minimal involvement in Chapter 1, and new players can probably pick them up with little difficulty. They are:
-Erica Spears, State Police Helicopter Pilot/Medevac Pilot
-Max the dog

While Kerry has also played little part in the first chapter, she's not in her right mind at the moment and will not be available yet. There are a bunch of other characters that are still unclaimed that you could play if you read Chapter 1 or the synopsis.

Let me or Welsh know if you need any more help. Once you've chosen your characters, one of us will send you their secrets. Welcome aboard, OathInBlood!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: Blood Brothers type Zombie game- needs players

Post by Mr. Handy »

Chapter 3 of Zombie Apocalypse is coming, probably some time in January. This means new characters will be available, and no prior knowledge of the first two chapters is required to play them. OathinBlood and Laraqua have already expressed interest back during Chapter 2, but everyone is welcome to join regardless of experience. All characters are pre-generated, and you'll be able to play multiple characters in different areas.

There will be a mix of National Guard, Nebraska State Police, and civilian characters at an airfield in central Nebraska. They have survived a very deadly morning, but with the afternoon there are new surprises and dangers - and their greatest danger may be each other! These characters will be available from the beginning of Chapter 3.

There will also be US Air Force characters sent by Warren Air Force Base to reinforce a vital facility located in southwestern Nebraska, and a gang of bikers with assorted hangers-on. These groups of characters will show up early in the chapter, though possibly not at the very beginning.

There may also be other groups of characters available later on in the chapter, so if you miss the start you can still get in without having to read the beginning of Chapter 3.

If you want to join in the mayhem, just let me know by posting in this thread or by PM. Currently Zombie Apocalypse is hosted on the Fallout fansite No Mutants Allowed, but we are considering moving it here. If you want to play, also specify whether you prefer to join that site or play here. If you'll only play if the game moves here, let me know that too. Additionally, you can tell me what sorts of characters you want to play and any character concepts you have in mind. The new characters are still being developed and are not set in stone, so any ideas you've got could influence the characters you play. The zombies look forward to eating - uh, I mean meeting you!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

I'm again interested, but my plate's rather full right now. I'm running 5 games, playing in 4, and have 3 other side-projects going on at the same time. I'm crazy though, so yeah, I'd like to play, but only if it moves here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, that works for me! It'll be at least another two months before Chapter 3 begins. It looks like we will move here, so I'll be sure to post something in "I'm Thinking of Running a Game" after I've had some sleep.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper

Post by OathinBlood »

Mr. Handy wrote:Thanks, that works for me! It'll be at least another two months before Chapter 3 begins. It looks like we will move here, so I'll be sure to post something in "I'm Thinking of Running a Game" after I've had some sleep.
Can you run something here that isn't Lovecraft related? Assuming it has the right horror subtones, of course...I've been dieing to run an idea in my head here for some time, but the problem is that it's not Mythos related at all.

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”