Blood Brothers type Zombie game- needs players

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: Blood Brothers type Zombie game- needs players

Post by Mr. Handy »

It shouldn't be a problem, but you can check with Welsh and the other mods to make sure. Zombie Apocalypse doesn't use the Cthulhu Mythos, though it uses the CoC BRP rules and some things in it are based on Mythos elements. It has its own mythology behind it, however. Welsh mentioned a long time ago that Carnage_lee had liked the idea of moving it here. Carcosannoble is also running Society of Heroic Gentlemen in the Gaslight section. It uses the GURPS rules and doesn't seem to have to do with the Mythos so far. I'm sure it would also be okay to base a game on the works of other writers in Lovecraft's circle, such as Robert E. Howard's Conan (Welsh had that idea before).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
OathinBlood
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by OathinBlood »

That's awesome. I always wanted to run a dark fantasy setting using the BRP rules, and always had a soft spot for the BRP system...hmm.
Zanji
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Zanji »

I'm tempted of trying to join but unfortanately this seems pretty heavy paragraphed based and I'd slowly lessen my paragraphs if I become less motivated or somethin of the sort.. I'd be new to it all, I've never done pen and paper really. I'd suck at making the character sheet and such but god its so tempting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome, Zanji! I don't think you have to worry about any of those things with this game. Some of our previous and current players have been using short paragraphs when posting. It's okay if you're new to this, as some of our players are new as well. Welsh and I can teach you what you need to know and ease you into the game. The start of Chapter 2 acted as a kind of tutorial to gradually introduce our new players to the rules and serve as a refresher for the old players, and we'll do the same thing in Chapter 3. Also, you won't need to make a character sheet at all! All of the characters are pregenerated, so you only need to look over the sheets we provide and choose which ones you want to play. Each character also has secrets that we'll PM to you once you've chosen them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by welsh »

Might I add that although Zombie Apoc plays as a pretty straight forward zombie flick/blood brothers campaign, the game is a fiendishly clever apocalyptic scenario. As keeper, I can say it was probably the most fun campaign I have been involved in- but also remarkably complex.

Handy- spoilers damn it! Don't give out the details!

But yes, new characters are planned and more of the plot will be revealed. Will the world decend into a zombie apocalypse or will mankind survive? Even World War Z wasn't this bad.
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, Zombie Apocalypse is tremendous fun, as both a player and as a Keeper - and I've been both. It was also the best campaign I've been in, though I think Ash has recently surpassed it. There are also a lot of nasty surprises aside from the zombies themselves. Some of those have been revealed in the story already, and others are coming.

I didn't think I had given out too many details, as I was trying to be vague about the different groups and their goals (and how they fit into the story as a whole), but still let prospective players know something about the sorts of characters they could play. If there's anything you'd like excised, PM me and I'll edit it out.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
amarriner
Keeper
Keeper

Post by amarriner »

I'd say I'm tentatively interested. It doesn't look like the game I was planning on running is going to get off the ground, unfortunately ( :( ) so I should have time. Is it still slated to start around January? Are you still planning on bringing it here?
the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, it's still due to start in January, or possbly February, and it's still coming here. Kabukiman is also interested in playing, so we should have a decent amount of players now. There's always room for more, though.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Zanji
Layman
Layman

Post by Zanji »

Alright guess I'll give it a try lol

Is there anything I should know before making posting a character in the Character thread? Like if I'll get notice of my character being approved, ect?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome aboard! In this game you don't make characters. Welsh and I will make them, and I'll post their sheets in a thread for players to choose from. Each player can choose up to three or four characters. All you'll have to do is look them over and pick. The game won't be moving here for two or maybe three months, so you've got time before it starts. If you like, you can read the story so far (there's a link to Chapter 1 in my signature, and a link to Chapter 2 at the end of that). It's very long and it's not required reading if you want to play only the new characters, but if you want to play any previously existing characters from the first two chapters then you should read them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Neil
Layman
Layman

Post by Neil »

I'm really interested in joining this though I've never done "play by post" before and my only roleplaying or should that be rollplaying experience was playing The Haunted House (damn that bed) scenario quite a few years ago.

Neil
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Glad to have you aboard, Neil! I asked Welsh about getting a forum set up for us here, and it'll be a couple of weeks or so before the character sheets are posted for you to choose from. It's okay if you're new to all this. We've had more than one player who was new to play-by-post already. The start of the chapter will be a kind of tutorial that shows new players how to play.

The Haunting was fun, and I just played in a play-by-post version of that last year. That was my first experience with it, and that bed was nasty. It's on this site's Hall of Fame if you'd like to read it in the meantime. It's not too long and it'll help you get a feel for how play-by-post games work. It's also a very enjoyable read with a very thrilling conclusion. You can find it here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=51
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Neil
Layman
Layman

Post by Neil »

Thanks, I'll give it a read.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The zombies are here! The dead have risen and are eating the living!

Well, not literally, but Zombie Apocalypse has found its new home here on Play@Yog-Sothoth. Chapter 3 will be starting soon. The new forum is here: http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewforum.php?f=90

Several of you have expressed interest in joining earlier in this thread and elsewhere. OathinBlood is already in, Laraqua, Andrew, and kabukiman have also said they'd like to join, and amarriner was tentatively interested. Zanji and Neil, if you're still around you're welcome to join in as well, as is anyone else.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”