Paranoia

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Paranoia

Post by ImpInTraining »

Hey all...

Just ordered the newest Paranoia handbook, and I'll be starting a Paranoia game up, creating characters probably within the next week. Looking for some interested players. I've not played the new version of Paranoia yet, so I'll be learning a little as we go along. Not sure what the adventure is yet. If the handbook comes with a core adventure, I'll probably run that (Mr. Bubbles maybe?)... if not, I'll find something else.

Anyway ... yeah, I know, not a lot of information to go on... but then again, it is a Paranoia game. What did you expect?

If you're interested, you can find the advertisement seeking players over here:
http://darkandmoodyforums.com/cgi-bin/y ... ;start=0#9
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Paranoia

Post by Laraqua »

Forget Paranoia!

I wantz Kult.

*Crosses arms and sulks*

Nah, what I mean to say is, Impintraining seems pretty darn solid. Be fun to run along with him (I can't - I have THREE games to run, poorly, but they gotta get run).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by paradys »

Darn. I always wanted to play paranoia, but the thought of having to learn new rules as well as take on a new game at the moment seems too daunting. i'll keep an eye on the game though, sounds like fun.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Trust me ... knowing the rules, not that big of a deal. In fact, if you know too much of the rules, it's treasonous and will get your character terminated.

I'll give you a run down of the rules ... what you will need to know if you decide to play:

1 - Everyone has a mutant power, although noone knows that everyone has a mutant power, and oh... btw... mutant powers are treasonous.
2 - Everyone belongs to a secret society, although noone knows that everyone belongs to a secret society, and oh... btw... it's treasonous to belong to a secret society.
3 - Characters have only two attributes, Power (control over your mutant power) and Access (ability to smooth-talk and work with the system to get things done in your favor), which the GM rolls and keeps secret.
4 - Skills ... those are what you purchase in the beginning... those are primarily what you roll against, and it's a d20, success is your skill rating or less. The farther away you are from the skill rating, the better or worse the results. In other words, if you have a 12 in Laser Pistol and you roll a 7, you've shot very well indeed, maybe right between the eyes, or melting the Bouncy Bubbles Beverage right out of his hand. If you rolled a 17, you might have missed and struck the higher clearance individual on the opposite side of the hall, or the release button that controls the halon system. There may be stand-alone rolls, or opposed rolls ... whatever. Basically, if it gets really complicated, I'm doing my job wrong as GM.
5 - Perversity Points ... each player gets Perversity Points at the beginning of each scene. These work like experience points so you can increase your skills or buy new skills as you advance. On the other hand, during the scene, you can use them to alter your target making it easier to succeed. On the other hand, someone else can use them to alter your target making it harder to succeed. Well what'd you expect? It's called Paranoia.
6 - The Computer is your friend!
7 - Keep your laser handy, and trust no one!

Pretty much everything else will be introduced to you as the game goes along. You're new Troubleshooters, and not expected to know everything about Alpha Complex. If you did, it'd be treason and you'd be terminated.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Got my handbook today, a day early. So ... I can say now the game I'll be running is called Mister Bubbles.

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”