The Wives of March - Storium

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
newratcity
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 9 years 10 months

The Wives of March - Storium

Post by newratcity »

Hello there!

I recently backed a Kickstarter for Storium, which is an 'online storytelling game'. They are currently in their beta, and it certainly seems like an interesting and polished way to do something along the lines of a play-by-post. I'm keen to try it out, and would like to find 2-3 like-minded players. Don't worry, you don't have to back anything, I'm able to send out invitations.

From what I can gather about Storium, it seems like a good way to go, though it does seem to draw more from collaborative fiction efforts than it does from pen-and-paper roleplaying games. I expect with enough mutual interest and creativity, the two can be merged together successfully. In either case, I really want to test the system out by running a scenario and some players through it.

The scenario I've picked is 'The Wives of March', an excellently written piece from Hebanon Games. It takes place in a rural sharecropping community called Barefoot Crossing, on the outskirts of Savannah, Georgia, in 1933. A Methodist preacher from the March family, the pillar of the community, has been found murdered in his home. Everyone is scrambling for answers, across racial and economic divides, and soon private investigators get involved.

Please let me know if you have any interest.

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”