Call for chat-based Secrets of Japan scenario

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Call for chat-based Secrets of Japan scenario

Post by The_Olden_Thing »

Hello,

I am coming up with an experimental scenario for "Secrets of Japan", and would like to play-test it. A minimum of three is required, though I can support up to 5 or 6 if need be. I believe we will use a chat-based system, either through Yog-chat or through an IM system such as MSN IM. All PCs will be pre-made for orginization's sake. Any suggestions or thoughts are welcome, and I hope people will join.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte

Tools:

My e-mail: daniel.djadh@gmail.com This is also my MSN IM address FYI.

I am free for play on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights. All other dates are either up in the air or unavailable.

Here are the following dice rollers. It is preferred that you utilize these and not the Yog version.

http://www.pbemnexus.com/modules.php?op ... gamble.php

http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/index.php

I prefer the former myself.

More info will be posted as I progress.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte

Ok, I was expecting at least a couple more people. I need a minimum of two more players before I can get started. Anyone else interested?
Watchman
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Watchman »

The_Olden_Thing wrote: Ok, I was expecting at least a couple more people. I need a minimum of two more players before I can get started. Anyone else interested?

It is Christmas time, and people are likely not checking their e-mail as often. I bet you will get responses next week.

Watchman
Metatron
Layman
Layman

Post by Metatron »

I would be up for that, definitely. When were you planning to run this thing? My schedule is a bit hectic and uncertain for the next week or so while I am still on Christmas break, but after the 9th I'll reliably have my evenings to myself.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte

I'm currently trying to finish writing the scenario and proofreading it with a friend. Once that is finished, I'll draw up character stats.

When will we be playing? Probably sometime in the next week or two weeks, depending on how things go. I have agreed with my players on having each session every week on Tuesday starting at 7:00 PM and ending at either 8:00 or 8:30 PM. So far I have...

Wu Ming
Watchman
Metatron
And one of my friends.

I'd suggest all of you who don't have MSN IM to get an account, and for all of you to PM me your e-mail addresses so I can send character sheets when they are ready.

Hopefully that'll answer all questions.
Metatron
Layman
Layman

Post by Metatron »

Sounds great. I ought to be back on my regular connection and schedule then.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte

Excellent. However, I wouldn't mind it if everyone would pursue getting an MSN IM account. Even though Yog Chat now has a new ability to create seperate rooms, I'm still uncomfortable with it, and my computer also has issues with that chat-server. Thus, I'd be much more comfortable with the originally planned MSN chat session.

Characters have been delayed, but I hope to finish them soon and have my compatriot proofread them before I send them to you guys. Expect them to be sent sometime near the weekend or next week.
The_Olden_Thing
Acolyte
Acolyte

Character sheets are finished. I need the e-mail addresses for all of you guys so I can send 'em off.

Also, I'm abandoning the idea of an chat-based system, as it appears noone has an active account and the only person who does (Watchman) is too busy. So once I talk to the PoC, we'll hopefully get a board for this.

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”