Interest check for text-based game by new Keeper

Please post here if you have a game (that's not hosted here) that needs players.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Interest check for text-based game by new Keeper

Post by Howerd Phillips »

I'm thinking of running a series of smaller games, say Mansions of Madness. I'm relatively new to the rules, but confident I can figure it out pretty quick. Any interest from other beginners or those understanding of a new Keeper? Working best for me:
* Text-based chat (based on consensus but like OpenRPG, Fantasy Grounds, even MS Messenger, or any others that make sense)
* Once-a-week, or once-every-other-week, based on others' ability to commit
* Friday or Sunday nights best, but might work out something else based on others' requirements
* GMT-5 (ET time, New York)
* Fewer players probably better to begin with 2-3?
* Adult players, 30s+

Thoughts? Suggestions to get something going?

I'll need a couple of weeks to study up on some scenarios, I'm starting from scratch.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Re: Interest check for text-based game by new Keeper

Have a couple/few interested in a Skype game, Friday night GMT-5 (ET), once a week or once-every-other week. Looking for one or two others. Would likely start in a couple of weeks. Either post here or send me an e-mail if interested.
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

I've skimmed through a classic campaign--it looks extremely challenging for me to run as well as for players.

I'm looking for 4 players (or so), preferably beginners as I am a beginner Keeper. I think it will start best if all players are of the same age, and all having spent most of their childhood in Arkham.

Send me a pm if interested. I should be ready to start this Friday night, 8:00 p.m. ET (May 29). We can start next Friday if that proves too difficult to coordinate in such a short period of time. I'd like to use Skype, text only.

P.S. I'd roll up a back-up character...
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by royya »

I'm sure you find a similiarity between the begining of my game to the first adventure in mansion of madness, though, I revised it completely :)
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Stopped reading that scenario after seeing reference to the arm dropping... Read the rest though so hopefully that isn't going to be an issue or I'll have to excuse myself from those...
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Any interest out there to play a once-a-week text-based game using Skype?
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

Fungi from Yuggoth?
Howerd Phillips
Disciple
Disciple

I'm going to give it a go as Keeper to Fungi from Yuggoth, on Skype. Wish me luck! If there are any beginners out there that are interested, let me know, I want to keep this smallish but may have an opening depending on feedback from one other. Targeting 8:00 p.m. ET, Thursday.

Return to “Non Play@YSDC Game Needs Players”