Return To Sender

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Return To Sender

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   It was fun. I got a suite for a rather low price and was celebrating a birthday for family and figured why not?

You're in a hallway, so not much cover I'm afraid. Lab 4 is on your right, Lab 2 is on your left, but both doors are closed.  
Before Metreux can answer Galt speaks.

"Oh I have no need of that. Mr. Deschiel proved quite enlightening. I know everything about Sapphire and Mr. Turner's little attempt to profit from it, Quite ingenious; though like most of his ilk he is too clever to realize when he has gone n over his head. No, Dr. Metreux is here as my guest. I will be taking her with me when I leave, and pick her brain as to her research." He laughs softly.

"You Americans are so rude. I asked you a question. Please answer. I am aware you don't care if the doctor dies or lives but it is in your own best interests as well as Delta Green's to do exactly what I say."

Metreux looks at the agents, her face locked in a silent plea as tears stream down her face.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I’ll say that Andre is next to Lab 4? Vanessa on the other side?  
Keeping his rifle trained on Galt as he is speaking, Andre tries the door to Lab 4.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And why is that?" asks Vanessa, keeping her rifle aimed at Galt while she tries the door to Lab 2. If they can stall him long enough in a standoff, that gives the other cell time to arrive, and any information that he gives them is a plus.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Both of you can make luck rolls at -10 to see if the doors are unlocked. It's a bit of a stretch given all the shooting going on, some of the staff have barricaded themselves in doors while others evacuated.  
"You both saw what 'Sapphire' can do." Galt says. "And I know your agency likes to prevent leaks such as this from getting out. Which is why it's so unfortunate that my remaining men are even now rigging the Sapphire facility to malfunction and causing a catastrophic gas leak in this entire facility. By my estimation there are at least 50 guards and staff members dead who could be reanimated in a matter of moments. That would be quite hard for you to cover up, ja? Not to mention the chances of any of you surviving such are not so good.

"So here is what will happen. You will let me go into Ruby and retrieve Dr. Crisp; I have some questions for him as well and need to know who else he's told. I then will walk out of here with my two guests and return from whence I came by helicopter. Your team can attempt to stop my men in Sapphire and cover up the rest of the evidence before outsiders arrive; my men should be able to kill you, but if they fail they are not ubermensch and so you would be doing me a favor by ridding the world of them
." He smiles pleasantly. "Or you could insist on trying to stop me, in which case I will kill the both of you-- after a fashion-- and then I will kill and eat your loved ones. I suggest you make your choice quickly; your actions have placed me on a tight time schedule and I am beginning to run out of patience."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Luck,Luck 60 -10 50: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/861886]Luck[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]49[/b]
OOC:   Andre wants to warn the guards about the gas leak. Can I assume that they have radios too?

Are we at point blank range? I'm guessing the rifles are 5.56mm caliber?  
As the lab door opens Andre speaks, knowing that the helicopter can be shot down.

"Go ahead then. Take them both."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I suppose we did you a favor by killing those other three men of yours," says Vanessa, regretting not having gone into Sapphire with the guards and taking out the two goons first. "We should be able to dispose of the other two." The lab door on her side also proves to be unlocked.
OOC,Luck roll (45 - 10 = 35% stat) to see if the door's unlocked: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Yes, radios can be assumed. Of course, Galt or his men might have some as well.

Galt's walking towards you, so he is in point blank range. But he's using Metreux as a shield, which I'm going to rule negates the bonus unless you fire a spread.  
"Pragmatic, very good." Galt nods. "It is appreciated, so much easier to deal with."

To Vanessa, he looks amused. "We shall see, I suppose. I have dealt with Lab 6; Ideally I would have gotten to Mr. Turner as well, but the best laid plans go awry. Put a nice bullet in his head for me, ja?" He begins to move forward, the scientist still in front of him. Positioning himself so Metreux is still between him and the agents, he starts to move towards Ruby.
OOC:   If you're going to try to initiate hostilities, this seems like your last chance before he enters Ruby.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Andre lowers his rifle so that his hand is closer to the pocket where he has stuffed his grenade.
OOC:   Galt will have to turn the corner to enter Ruby through the airlock. That gives Andre and Vanessa cover - Andre will take the opportunity to use a grenade.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Vanessa[/b] will follow his lead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Rolled Galt's alertness because he's already cautious-- he passed.  
Galt begins moving towards the airlock, but something in Andre's movements is too quick, and he stops.

"What are you doing there? No matter; hands up, and keep them so. No tricks, little sterblich."Would the agents obey his command, or did they decide the time was right to attack?
OOC:   If you want to use a grenade safely, you can attempt a throw roll. If you want a guaranteed hit you can rush towards Galt holding it before releasing it, but you'll then need to make a dodge roll to get out of the blast radius. Galt has a ready action to shoot if anything suspicious happens, but he's still holding his gun to Dr. Metreux's head so won't be able to attack either of you before we go into initiative regularly.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Suit yourself.”

Andre raises the rifle again, but this time opens fire. His rifle is set to automatic fire and he keeps his finger on the trigger, firing a long burst.
Firearms,Firearms 60: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/862165]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]72[/b] It’s a miss, although we’re at point blank range, as there is a -20 penalty for long burst fire.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa isn't sure this is such a good idea, but Andre has already cast the die, so she really has no other option. She fires a shorter burst at Galt. Running out of bullets at this point would be very bad.
OOC,Firearms roll (72% -20[human shield] +20[point blank] -10[short burst] = 62% skill) firing a burst at [b]Galt[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Unless there's some bonus I haven't taken into account, I missed too. I would have thought you'd get a bonus to hit for a burst, but I checked the rules thread afterwards and it's apparently a penalty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   I thought it sounded weird to, so I looked in the rule book and saw no mention of it, so I think it's a dumb rule I made to try and reflect difficulty firing a burst and keeping hold of a gun-- my firearm experience is limited, clearly. We'll get rid of it and I'll edit accordingly. I'm also willing to get rid of the human shield penalty for long bursts, because technically it would hit both Galt and the doctor, and actuatly give you both a +20 bonus for point blank range.

There's a lot of numbers here so let me lay it out for all of us.

No penalty for bursts.

Short burst still suffers the human shield penalty(No kill radius for a short burst), but it's negated by the point blank bonus(20%)

Long Burst has no penalty since it would hit both of them anyway, and gains the +20%.

So looking at these numbers, Vanessa misses and Andre hits. Since I changed the rule on you guys, if Vanessa wants to fire a long burst instead, I'm fine letting her reroll her attack with the new knowledge she has of the bonuses that would apply.

Please roll two 1d100's HoneyDog when you get the chance. And if there's anything else I need to clear up let me know-- sorry to change the rules midgame, but the penalties I was setting here for bursts don't make a lot of sense so I'm editing them.

In addition, I believe Andre is not adapted to violence, so he needs to make another san roll for 0/1d4 for shooting at Metreux.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I would definitely have fired a long burst if I'd known about the penalty otherwise. I'm fine with hitting [b]Dr. Metreaux[/b] too. Firearms roll (72% + 20[point blank] = 92% skill) firing a long burst at [b]Galt[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to [b]Galt[/b] (10% lethality): [dice]1[/dice] Damage to [b]Dr. Metreaux[/b] (10% lethality): [dice]2[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Damage to Galt: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/862323]Firearms damage[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]19[/b] Damage to Metreaux: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/862324]Firearms damage[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]97[/b] SAN: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/862325]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]8[/b] Andre has been thinking about the most convenient way to dispose of Metreaux, he has no compunction about shooting at her.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

HoneyDog,I tend to agree, but DG rules seem to like to say that killing even enemies take their toll on someone who's not adapted to murder. It would defiently be one I'd be willing to negotiate charging you san for, but thankfully you passed
Both agents fire one third of their clips at Galt and his prisoner. Vanessa's shots only wing her, but Dr. Metreaux lets out a frightened yelp of pain all the same. This is cut short when Andre hits her carotid artery. Her eyes go wide as she collapses to the ground, blood gushing out of her like a geyser. she's either dead or soon will be.

Several bullets slam into Galt, tearing into the fatigues he had changed into and destroying parts of it. But the bullets themselves seem to cause him no discomfort. They fall away as they hit him, seemingly unable to penetrate his skin. A few of them leave minor bruises, but nothing that suggested he took any serious damage, despite wearing no visible armor.
OOC:   Roll for Unnatural, 0/1.  
He looks down at Metreaux with a frown. "She would have tasted so nice. Pity."

Then raising his Colt, he fires a shot at Andre.
OOC:   Galt rolled in the dice thread to hit the head with a-40% penalty. He hit, meaning he does double damage, and to add insult to injury scored a crit on his attack roll to boot, though thankfully only one crit applies. He then rolled 2d12 and did a total of...19 damage.

I'm sorry, Andre. And HoneyDog. :cry:  
The FBI agent doesn't even realize what happens before his head is completely eviscerated. He's not even fallen to the ground before Galt switches his attention, and is turning Vanessa's way, intent on dealing with her next.
OOC:   Vanessa would normally need to make a roll, but she'd adapted so can keep it together. What will she do now, however?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   It looks like Andre made the wrong decision! I didn't realise that bullets would just bounce off him. So a grenade probably wouldn't do much either. Vanessa is better off running!  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Seeing that bullets are useless against him, Vanessa scrambles for full cover. She hopes that Galt will be too pressed for time to chase her down.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 46) for seeing bullets bounce off [b]Galt[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Vanessa runs like her life depends on it. Because it does.

The bullet that slams into her leg and tears through bone and muscle causes an explosion of agony in her. She falls to the ground, and it is perhaps something of a mercy that darkness claims her soon after.
OOC:   Galt fired an aimed shot at Vanessa's left leg and made it even with the penalty, bypassing her armor and doing 9 damage. Vanessa's leg is functionally useless at the moment. Having fallen to 2 hp, she goes unconscious until she rises above that. I'll let you write out any last thoughts she has before darkness claims her, Mr. Handy.

She's not dead, yet. There's still a little more to come, but I think we're heading in to the epilogue now. I'm sorry guys. Once we wrap this up I'll try to explain everything. But Galt is one of the most infamous enemies of DG for these reasons. His skill with a handgun is 92%, and it's very hard to damage him, but I hope this did not feel too unfair.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   It's not unfair, although I would hate it if my actions lead to Vanessa's death! Playing Andre as a take action kind of agent, true to his training. I underestimated Galt!  

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”