Convergence

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Convergence

Post by Silver Priest »

"Fine. Why don't y'all start by telling me what happened in that barn?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You mean you don't already know?" asks Vanessa. "What brought you here, then?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Always helps to trust but verify," the man grins. "Especially when dealin' with visitors."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

"We met your goddam friends, you know, the ones you made an accord with?" Nik snarls. "Now you wanted to talk, so say what you want to say motherfucker!"

He rises slowly to his feet, keeping the carbine trained on the man.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The smile grows slightly more menacing.

"Now we're getting somewhere. Here's what I want to know; tell me everything you saw in there, any interaction you had with our grey friends.And keep in mind, I'm an excellent bullshit detector."
Nik,[ooc]Have to give you something for that recent crit[/ooc] There's more to this question than idle curiosity or interrogation, Nik realizes. The man seems genuinely interested in the agents accounts. Maybe he suspects the aliens were not fully honest with MAJESTIC, or wanted to verify their information?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Grey? Those bastards didn't do anything. Its the buzzing ones, the insects or whatever the hell they are who call the shots. We talked to them. The greys just stood there."

Nik begins to wonder how much the man really knows.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

José seeing little attention on him, once again grabs a flash bang inside his fannypack, hoping he get a chance to use it, this guy seems one of those he actually would like to get rid off.
He whispers to Vanessa 'and who the fuck is this?'
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've never met this particular man before that I can recall," Vanessa whispers back, "but we've run afoul of his organization before. They're real bad."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Everyone can make a HUMINT roll.  
"That so? Interesting. What exactly did these buzzing ones say? Did it come to blows? I'm 'guessin not, given y'all are standing here."
Successful HUMINT,Something in the man's eyes shifts when Nik mentions the "buzzing ones." It seems like it confirmed something the man wanted to know. Same with the questions he's asking now; he's trying to figure something out.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

HUMINT,HUMINT 74, [url=https://orokos.com/roll/776808]HUMINT[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]88[/b]
Nik is fearing that he is about to die any second, and is getting increasingly impatient with the man, which clouds his usually sharp senses.

"I'm fucking tired of your questions, asshole!" he shouts. "Why don't you let the girl go and go inside and talk to the bastards yourself? You're just an errand boy, aren't you? You don't know shit!"

He lines up the M4 with the man's head, leaning forward, ready to shoot.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

humint 40,[dice]0[/dice]
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You already knew all of this already, of course," says Vanessa. "The question is, how did you know?"
OOC,HUMINT roll (56% skill) about the man: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The man does not seem cowed by Nik's threats. If anything, he appears even more eager.

"You really want to play it that way, be my guess. But you, your pals there, and this little lady are all gonna die if you pull that trigger. But if that's the way you wanna go out of this world, I'll be happy to arrange it."

To Jose: "Ah,a newcomer? Like your colleague their alluded to, we're MAJESTIC-12. You could say we're the grownups, the ones who really protect this shithole of a planet from the things your little collection of misfits likes to pretend they deal with.

Vanessa's comments get his attention. " That, my dear, is nothing you need to worry about. Sometimes you need to have certain things verified, like I said. Who better to ask than all of you? And believe it or not you've all been fairly helpful to me. And I'm feelin generous. So how about this?" He licks his lips. "Why don't y'all run along and we'll pretend this little tete-a-tete never happened? We'll clean up here."

His eyes switch back to Nik. "Still, if you rather things get ugly, well, that can be arranged."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"What does that mean, 'clean up'?" Nik asks, breathing deeply while he still can.

"What do you intend to do"?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's no need for you to clean up," says Vanessa. "Your friends in the barn are taking care of that."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Make sure none of this makes the news tomorrow. Or ever. We may disagree on much, but we both know that would be a disaster. And I think we want to see the barn for ourselves, yes indeed. Especially given the appearance of these 'buzzing ones.'

"Anyway, y'all run along now. Tell ALPHONSE and the rest of A-Cell that I said hello. Or don't. The old man's paranoid, and would probably suspect you were all workin' for us now."

Sonja Dewey seems to be trying her best to absorb all of this information. The agents notice that the man has not let go of her.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"And how many people are you planning to kill to achieve that?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Just a moment," says Vanessa, gesturing to Sonja. "We'd like our friendly back first."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The man meets Nik's gaze with a steely one of his own. "As many as we have to." He says without remorse, with all the passion of a zealot. "Though if y'all were able to convince our visitors to leave without further trouble, there won't be a need to do that. Oh, surely we'll have to cover up a few deaths caused by their experiments, or bribe or threaten a few folks who can't keep their mouths shut. But hopefully no more than that.

"Oh, this one here?" He looks down at Sonja. "Speaking of, that's a good point. Y'all were foolish bringing a reporter into this," he chides. "I see the lil lady's gears turnin; she's already planning a big expose on all that happened. And for obvious reasons we can't have that."

"My partner was taken by those things!" Sonja protests. "You are betraying the American people by letting aliens experiment on them! They have a right to know!"

'See how naive she is?" the man chuckles and looks towards the agents. "Yeah, y'all have seen things. Maybe not the newbie there, but I can see it your eyes. You think the public really could handle the shit we deal with? They're already freakin out over Y2K. What do you think would happen if they got wind of this story? Like it or not, I'm 'fraid miss Dewey here is a liability. And again, I know your bosses agree with me. One way or another she needs to be silenced."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We convinced the visitors to leave," says Vanessa. "As for Ms. Dewey, you can leave her to us. We'll explain things to her, and I'm sure there will be no trouble. She does have a point about your bunch betraying the American people, of course."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”