Music From a Darkened Room

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

Post by HoneyDog »

"Oh shit, no, he's away" Nik says, glumly. "Listen, Dr. Yarrow, do you think you can find out anything about this ax, or do you know anyone who might? Think carefully."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

HoneyDog wrote:"Oh shit, no, he's away" Nik says, glumly. "Listen, Dr. Yarrow, do you think you can find out anything about this ax, or do you know anyone who might? Think carefully."
'Well yes... i have done some extensive research on the topic... the solution is to smash that last mirror, it truly is the only way to banish the manifestation' Dr.Yarrow twitches a little as an idea strikes him 'but please dont shot me'
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik frowns, but maintains his temper for now.

"We might have benefited from that knowledge a bit earlier, Doctor" he says through gritted teeth. "Can you tell us how you know that? Has it just occurred to you?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

HoneyDog wrote:Nik frowns, but maintains his temper for now.

"We might have benefited from that knowledge a bit earlier, Doctor" he says through gritted teeth. "Can you tell us how you know that? Has it just occurred to you?"
'Ive done my research! that's how!, how can someone be honest with you people... you shot Chaz for gods sake!'
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Oh, for christ's sake!" says Nik, exasperated. "Please just tell us what you know. What happened to Chaz was his own fault, he wouldn't tell us why he was so sure about the mirrors. If he had told us why he knew we needed to destroy them, Marchand wouldn't have needed to shoot him. So please, don't make me ask again."
OOC:   Anatomist, both your characters have obviously been getting information from the Keeper - please could you think about starting to share it?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nobody's going to shoot you," says Vanessa, exasperated. "If I didn't shoot you when you cut me nearly in half with that other axe, I'm certainly not going to do it now. I hadn't wanted to shoot Chaz. I tried to reason with him, but he was off his rocker and wouldn't listen. There was no time left, and I had to stop him. I thought he was under the house's influence, the same as you had been. Now, what's this research you've done?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Yarrow,[b]Dr. Yarrow[/b] recalls reading this in a tome some years back. The author had been a[b] Dr. Armitage[/b], who had claimed to encounter unusual manifestations and fought them on more than one occasion. Inside the book there had been a sketch of the same runes found on engraved on the axe, and [b]Armitage[/b] had attested its effectiveness in banishing dangerous entities. [b]Yarrow[/b] felt confident he was being truthful; though again, he has never seen the effects first hand. But h erecalls the sign, it had quite a distinct look to it. Sadly [b]Yarrow [/b]no longer possessed a copy of[b] Armitage's[/b] work. He had been lent it by a colleague who has long since retired.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

'The author i read is a Dr. Armitage, he claimed to encounter unusual manifestations and fought them on more than one occasion with the same runes on the axe' Yarrow sits up as best he can 'I dont have the book any longer, i had it from a loon time retired colleague'
GM,they will have the name of the colleague, can i roll a luck dice for it?
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik is quiet as he thinks about this information. He looks at Marchand.

"You were pretty sure Charley had it wrong back there" he says. "But are you gonna be okay if we finish the job?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm not so sure now," says Vanessa, "but at the time I was more certain than anything. I'm willing to be convinced, but I need to be absolutely certain before we smash that mirror. If we do that, and I was right after all...but if I was wrong, that means I...oh, God..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Don't sweat it. He brought it on himself. The guy's a total liability."

Nik stands up.

"Look, I don't think we'll ever get a definitive answer about the mirrors. I'm willing to take a chance. I'll go back tonight and finish the job. If we leave it too long, people are going to come snooping. Remember that neighbour lady? And don't forget the body of our missing real estate agent."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, whatever we're going to do, we don't have much time," says Vanessa. "Dr. Yarrow, how certain are you that this Dr. Armitage was right?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Vanessa,[b]Vanessa[/b] realizes that the certainty she had had that destroying the mirror would lead to some sort of calamity was irrational. The axe had already been proven to dispel the manifestation; she had used it to free the possessed[b] Dr. Yarrow[/b], after all. So she was at a lose to figure out just why she had felt so strongly that it would have somehow freed the dark force inside Spooner. She found she lacked the strong fear now, the fear that had caused her to shoot and nearly kill [b]Agent Chaz[/b]. And she realized that that fear had been placed in her by the house somehow. The same way it had placed the fear inside [b]Agent Donnelley[/b], and all the other victims it had claimed over the decades. Please make a san roll for Unnatural, 1/1d4.
Yarrow,[b]Yarrow[/b] recalls the colleague was a [b]Dr. Fisher[/b]. He passed some time ago, last he heard. As for how certain he is, [b]Yarrow[/b] really only has the word of [b]Armitage[/b] to go on. But the man had certainly believed it; and he had sketched out the same exact runes now adorning the axe and seemed to have some familiarity with them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Wait," says Vanessa, "When Chaz struck you with the axe, that was what snapped you out of the house's control. It does work! That means...the house was manipulating me. I almost killed Chaz...but I didn't, at least. Okay, you're right. Let's go back there and finish this. If we destroy that last mirror with the axe, that's all we need to do. I suggest we don't bring any weapons with us other than the axe itself. The house will probably try to turn us against each other."
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 63) for realizing the truth: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"We don't all need to enter" says Nik. "Let's get going then."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   The first person who posts, please make a luck roll.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Frasier brings the tea back just as the agents prepare to leave. He seems like he wants to protest, but a knowing look in his eyes leads them to conclude he probably has experience with pushing himself out in the field. "I'll take care of your friend here." He hands both Vanessa and Yarrow some painkillers. "Remember not to take them until you're done... whatever it is you need to do. They'll make you tired. But you'll be glad you have them when the adrenaline wears off.."

The team makes the drive back to Meadowbrook and the evil that lurked within this idyllic town. 1206 Spooner still waits there for them. It's after midnight by the time they return, and the streets are quiet, in stark contract to the bright sunny day it had been when they left. There's no police tape surrounding the house, so at least their prior visit to it had apparently not been reported yet.

This time there's a darkness in the air, heavy, thick, and malevolent. Was it in their heads, or did the house see no point in pretending anymore? Regardless, as the team pulls up in front of it, they find themselves faced with it.

They had to go in, smash one mirror, and this would all be over. It sounded so simple. But past experiences had proven it would be anything but. What was their plan?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You should carry the axe, Nik," says Vanessa. "You're the only one of us who isn't already injured, so you're the least likely to go down. The house will pull out all the stops to prevent us from finishing the job. Also, I don't think anyone holding the axe has been dominated by the house, so maybe it protects whoever has it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Mr. Handy wrote:Image

"You should carry the axe, Nik," says Vanessa. "You're the only one of us who isn't already injured, so you're the least likely to go down. The house will pull out all the stops to prevent us from finishing the job. Also, I don't think anyone holding the axe has been dominated by the house, so maybe it protects whoever has it."
Yarrow nods 'lets do this'
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

”Alright” says Nik. ”Follow me and for gods sake don’t touch anything “.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”