Nik's thread

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Nik's thread

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   For fun, I would ask only Nik to read this until Mr.Handy's character comes in.  

Nik comes back to consciousness in an unfamiliar room. It is dimly lit, and a window near his bed is closed, dark blinds drawn around it. A radio next to his bed plays The Police. There's a TV hanging on the wall, but it is currently off, and the remote does not seem to be in open sight.

Nik can rise to his feet, but it proves a bit difficult. His whole body aches, and he may still be suffering the effects of the drug he had been injected with. He also notes that he's dressed in pajamas. There are no signs of his clothes. Or his gun, for that matter.

A half open door seems to lead into a bathroom. Another door is closed completely, but would seem to be the exit from this place.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Nik's thread

Post by HoneyDog »

“Fuck” Nik thinks. “I really screwed this up”.

He feels sick to his stomach, and it’s not from the drugs.

He goes to the closed door and tries the handle.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

It's a struggle for Nik to make it to the door, but he does so after a moment of arduous labor. Every part of him aches something fierce.

The door opens,and Nik looks out into a hallway. It's filled with similar rooms, about six on each side. Two off the doors are open,and he can hear laughter coming from inside one of the rooms. It sounds like a TV is on.

"Oh, Mr. Siilasvuo. Going for an early morning walk, I see!"

From the east end of the hallway a woman approaches. She looks to be young, fairly plain and a little overweight. She's dressed in a nurses uniform, with a tag that reads Paige and carries a tray.

"I just have your breakfast and morning medication here. We've got some jello for you today!" she says with a broad and friendly smile.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik retreats back inside the room and waits behind the door.
OOC,Nik will attempt to ambush the woman either here or in the bathroom if the layout of the room allows it. He will put a chokehold on her.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,I guess Nik really hates Jello! go ahead and make the roll, but with a 20 percent penalty.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

As the nurse enters the room, Nik kicks the door shut with his heel and grabs her from behind in a chokehold. He gets a good grip with his forearm and begins to squeeze.
Unarmed Combat,Unarmed Combat 61 -20: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/695544]Unarmed Combat[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]5[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,There are specific rules for combat after a pin. Basically, any attack gets a +20 bonus when a target is pinned. In this case though, I'd rather truncate the combat and just say Nik is successful.
Nik's arms ache, but his combat training pays off. He grabs the unsuspecting nurse and takes her completely by surprise. The woman lets out a small gasp as the tray of food and pills falls to the floor. She offers a struggle, but the FBI agent finds her easy to hold onto, and he can choke her out or interrogate her as he likes.

It's about this time however that Nik notices that something is wrong with his arms. The skin looks worn and old, covered with wrinkles and liver spots.

The nurse seems to be trying to say something, likely making a plea of some kind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

When the woman is unconscious Nik lowers her gently to the floor. Then he begins searching her for anything useful.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Aside from a nurses uniform and name tag, the only thing Nik finds is some sort of portable radio. It also has a button on it marked Panic.

The food on the tray( most of which is now on the floor) looks entirely edible. The medication is just unmarked pills, none of which Nik can identify.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik takes the radio and opens the door to peer outside. If it is clear, he will move out, looking for an exit.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

At present it is indeed clear, and Nik is able to walk out. More like shuffle, really; his gait is slow, and he finds himself out of breath by the time he reaches the end of the hallway.

He passes an open door that leads into a large lounge. Several people are inside the room, all of them elderly. Some of them play various games such as chess, though most are either watching the TV or talking to one another. A few nurses shuffle about as well.

An old man sees Nik and his face lights up. "Get in here, Siilasvuo. Don't think I forgot you promised to play me in checkers! He cackles in glee.

The hallway stretches further ahead, though at present Nik does not see an exit.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik continues on, looking for the exit.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Ignoring the man, Nik moves forward. He passes a few more elderly residents, most of whom smile or nod at him. It would seem he was fairly well known around here.

He passes by a cafeteria and more resident rooms down some side hallways, but he finally spies a sign pointing to the entrance. As he approaches it,a receptionist is visible, along with a set of double doors leading outside into the daylight. Unfortunately, a guard is positioned at each side of the door. It seems impossible to get past them without attracting their notice. Perhaps he would be allowed to leave, though? Alternatively, he could try and look around some more--, but it was likely that sooner or later the nurse's absence would be noticed.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“There must be a service entranceNik thinks. He starts to look for a kitchen, or somewhere where he can change his clothes.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

random roll,[dice]0[/dice]
As Nik begins to head off, he is interrupted.

"Ah, Mr. Siilasvuo!"

An orderly is coming his way from down the hall. Like the rest of the staff here, he seems disarmingly friendly. His nametag reads Bob.

"There you are, I've been looking for you. I've got good news for you today. Someone's here to see you in the visiting center. If you'll follow me." He begins to walk down the hall and seems to expect Nik to follow.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"I'll be there" Nik replies. An idea occurs to him. "I just have to use the john".
OOC,If this is acceptable, Nik will look for and activate a fire alarm unobserved at the first opportunity.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Of course," Bob says. "I'll let Debbie know you are coming." He heads off.
OOC:   Let's have a search roll for Nik to see if he can find a fire alarm.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik scans the walls, and a smile of satisfaction crosses his face. He bangs his fist into the big red button.
Search,Search 43: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/696715]Search[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]40[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As soon as Nik hits the button, a rapid wailing can be heard.

Someone gets on the intercom speaker and calmly begins to relay instructions for the residents to evacuate. Nik can see residents slowly begin to exit their rooms. Staff are coming along and guiding them as well.

At present, no one is paying attention to him, but this may change quickly, especially if he does not head to the main entrance that everyone seems to be being shepherded towards. And of course, he has yet to find another exit.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik figures that it might be easier to slip away once he is outside. He joins the other people moving outside the building, trying to look unobtrusive, but keeping his eyes peeled for Vanessa and any opportunity to slip away or hide.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”