Nik's thread

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Re: Nik's thread

Post by Silver Priest »

"That's the thing. You have. But it's different every time. Sometimes you're a secret agent fighting the Russians and Chinese. The next day you're fighting aliens. The next time you're out hunting the Yeti, or Dracula. It changes every day. But recently your stories seem to have settled around a group called Delta... Delta something. You said they recruited you sometime while you were in the FBI. Your doctors think it's a good idea to talk about your delusions, so that they can be disproven. The hope is that if we tell you what really happened, who you really are, you'll break free from all this and be yourself again.

So I'm willing to hear. Convince me
." She crosses her arms.
ooc,Feel free to just summarize what you tell Debbie. Telling her nothing is equally acceptable of course. As for the read he gets on her... Nik feels she's genuinely concerned. She seems convinced he's her father and mentally ill, and seems upset by that. By the same token though he still remember nothing about her, and none of what she's said has really rung any bells. Also, as to Vanessa's latest post, I leave it up to Nik if her words convince him. He has every reason to think she's delusional, and he knows from experience that she's very crafty. But if you want Nik to have a moment of self realization here, it's entirely up to you.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

“Then doesn’t it all sound like total bullshit? These constantly changing stories? I must have been very unwell to be coming out with such nonsense. Damn”.

Nik runs a hand through his hair.

“I mostly just worked white collar cases at the bureau – you know, fraud, embezzlement and the like. Insurance claims and securities fraud. It wasn’t very glamourous. It certainly wasn’t secret. The facts of my cases are probably public record.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Of course it's bullshit," Debbie says. "I'm 42, dad. I long ago figured out that the only monsters are humans. But the point is that you believe it. The only way you're going to get past all of this is for someone to disprove your delusions.

"But good, you're getting better." She says, and her eyes brighten a little. "And this tells me that you want to. Just remember that, next time you start to feel yourself slipping. Focus on what you know to be real."

"I'll be in touch soon
," She says. "In the meantime, promise me you'll go to therapy? I was talking to your doctor earlier and they told me they were set to see later today. I think they have all your public records, and you can see them all if you want. I got to look them over; no signs of space aliens there. " she laughs but quickly grows serious. "If you need to talk, really talk, give me a call." She leans up and kisses him on the cheek. 'I still expect you to walk me down the aisle."

And then she turns around and heads to her car.
ooc,What's Nik's plan now? If Nik does cooperate and go to his doctor and you'd rather not go through Nik's therapy session, you can just summarize what you tell them. I don't want any of this to drag. But if you're enjoying it still we can go a bit in depth. EDIT: Actually, given Vanessa's scene is wrapping up, I think I'll go ahead and close Nik's as well, just to avoid dragging things out. If you're fine with this, just give me a general approach to Nik's attitude and willingness to cooperate the rest of the day in therapy (the therapist is not Vanessa.)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,SP, I think you're forgetting! Nik choked out that nurse - no doubt there will be consequences. How can he stay and face the doctors from his perspective? He is going to try and leave the premises, using violence if necessary. He regards the whole daughter thing as an invention.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,That is more than fair! I assumed based on your responses to Debbie that you were starting to believe her story. Also rest assured I have not forgotten about the assault on the nurse. :twisted: The only way Nik can see to escape is the parking lot. He has no keys, so he'll either have to steal a car or hitch a ride from someone. Of course, he also has to get there unseen. Let's deal with the first obstacle. Nik can make a stealth roll at a +30 bonus because he is closer to the parking lot and he can pass it off as walking his daughter to her car. If he fails this roll, he's detected and people get suspicious. Sounds fair?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik tries to go further into the parking lot in search of a suitable escape vehicle.
Stealth,Stealth 11 +30: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/699325]Stealth[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]54[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Unfortunately even with the cover and closer distance to the lot, Nik finds himself spotted, and three men come over to him. One is an orderly, but the the other two look like armed security.

"It's over, Mr.Siilasvuo. A nurse just alleged you attacked her in your room this morning. We had been hoping you were finally starting to adapt to life here, but it seems clear you still present a threat to yourself and others. You need to come with us."

Nik attempts to fight back, but it really is no contest. He is sluggish and nearly infirm, and is quickly placed in a firm hold. The orderly shakes his head.

"I'm really sorry it had to come to this, Mr. Siilasvuo." He pulls out a syringe, and puts it to Nik's .

And everything once again go black.
ooc,Sorry for the less than epic ending, but realistically once you were spotted Nik really has no chance of escape, and anything else would just drag it out. I was hoping you would make that roll, and was curious to see how far you'd get. Escape was highly unlikely, but you could have stolen a car and made it part of the way. I was planing to have security come for Nik after his therapy session, but Mr.Handy in the other thread gave me an opening I really think works better gameplay wise. I promise I'll never railroad your characters as much as I have in this particular segment. Hope it was enjoyable anyway!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,It was good, I couldn't really tell where it was going. I just played it as if there had been no real time lost between the limousine and waking up in the bed, so Nik was single-minded in his course of action to escape. Unfortunately, his lack of skills let him down.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”