See No Evil

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: See No Evil

Post by Mr. Handy »

"As long as we have time," says Vanessa, "we can at least talk to Alzis and find out what he wants."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   For photocopying I'm going to say there's not enough time left, sadly. There's over 500 pages so it would take quite some time to photograph them all.  
Nik raises a good point, as it turns out that Alzis never gave them his number. Right before he can point this out however, his phone begins to ring.

"How may I be of service?" Comes the club owner's reply, if answered.
OOC:   roll san, 0/1 Unnatural.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik almost jumps out of his skin when he hears Alzis' voice. How the hell...?
SAN,SAN 62: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/554779]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]88[/b] Now 61
He explains the situation to Alzis, and asks if he would be willing to help.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Ah yes, I've heard the news. An effective strategy from Galt's perspective.

"Am I willing to help? Well, I do try to maintain neutrality in situations such as these. I am never one to antagonize a client. But perhaps I can make an exception. If you are asking me for assistance, I can provide it. You will need to do me a favor in return, however.

"For now I will provide you with this for free. Galt will indeed allow you a chance to rescue the children, but he is hoping you will run into a dangerous situation unprepared and get yourselves killed. You could of course take your chances with him. Or I could tell you where the children are being kept, and you could rescue them now. Or stand a fair chance at doing so, at least. I'm genuinely curious to see the decision you both reach
."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik relays this information to Vanessa.

"What do you think?" he asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think we'd better find out what favor he wants before we agree to it," says Vanessa.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Assuming Nik communicates this, Alzis responds quickly.

"I think that I will have you make a delivery for me. It's very simple, I assure you. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I cannot tell you anymore unless you agree to my proposal."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik sighs and tells Vanessa what Alzis said.

“I can do it, if you want to go through with this” he says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We have to save those children," says Vanessa. "We'll worry about the consequences later."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"Shall we mount a rescue mission? We're gonna need more people though."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"That is up to you," replies Alzis. "I certainly don't wish to tell you how to do your job. However, Herr Galt expects to delay you long enough for an ambush of sorts to be set up. If you move on the location now, the majority of the group he is tasking with holding the children will not be in place. I don't mean to suggest it will be easy for you, even under these circumstances. The human mind is fragile, and its body is not much better. You may very well all yet die. But a hazard of the job, I suppose." He gives a hearty chuckle.

"But now, I believe a decision is in order. Do we have an agreement, Agent Siilasvuo?"

It occurs to Nik that he never gave Alzis his name, either.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik repeats his question to Vanessa.
OOC:   Sorry I should have specified that Nik was talking to her.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, we have to try to rescue them," says Vanessa. "We'll have to get whoever we can to help out from McRay."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik talks into the phone again.

“Okay Mr. Alzis, we have an agreement. If you tell us where they’re holding the children and anything about their disposition, I’ll help you with your delivery.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Splendid, Agent Siilasvuo. Or would you prefer STANLEY? Either way, your cooperation is appreciated.

"The children are being held underground, in an abandoned car in a long forgotten part of the subway. Herr Galt and his men have already evacuated the scene. He's preparing for his meeting with you. I imagine he will be quite disappointed. But that's not to say the children are safe. They are in the outskirts of a territory of a creature that has haunted the depths of this great metropolis for generations. Ghouls. They feast upon human flesh. Herr Galt has contacted them and plans to have them consume the children if your team does not get there fast enough to extract them. Rather creative, but let none say the man doesn't have a flair for the dramatic.

These creatures are rather resilient, and it will be a great danger to face them. You all may yet die, and if you do, i shall consider there to be no need for you to fulfill your end of the bargain. I am not unreasonable. However, as Herr Galt is expecting to meet with you, the ghouls themselves are not yet prepared to feast, and only a small number of them will be within the territory until he gives the signal. This should allow you a chance to move in and extract the hostages without fear of the entire group overwhelming you."

He gives directions to a local subway station, followed by detailed instructions of the path to follow once they're inside. Nik or Vanessa can chose to write them down if they're so inclined.

"Your organization has dealt with ghouls before, so perhaps Agent McRay can be of assistance. If he can get over you contacting me, of course. But I admire your willingness to do what is necessary. Delta Green itself would approve of such an option, even if quietly. Well, I should leave you to it. As for any reprisal from Herr Galt, worry not, I will make arrangements. Best of luck to you all."

He terminates the call.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Spoiler:
During the conversation Nik put Alzis on speaker so that Vanessa could hear.
The call terminated, Nik looks at Vanessa, openmouthed.

"Ghouls now!" he spits. "What the fuck? This is fucking ridiculous. What's next? Leprechauns? Dragons? Fuck this". He rubs his eyes savagely, and pulls himself together.

"We'd better get McRay and get this thing done. We still need to get confirmation that the released hostages are safe before we can move though. If necessary, I can go to Galt and delay him, distract him with the book."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa wrote down the directions during the phone call. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that," says Vanessa. "Yeah, let's go break the bad news to McRay and see what kind of help he can give us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As expected, McRay does not take it well.

"You absolute morons. Do you have any idea what you've done?"

He rubs his head. "Alzis never gives help for free. Whatever favor's he's got you roped into, you can be damn sure it's going to end worse than this. And that's disregarding Galt and how he's likely to react once he realizes he's been duped." He takes a deep breath and tries to clam himself down, only half succeeding.

"But, what's done is done. Let's consider our options. The first issue is Galt. Do we take him the book or not? Doing so might buy us some more time, as he's likely to notice if we don't show, but it also means giving up a valuable source of information. Alternatively, we could just ignore him once we get confirmation the first half of the kids are released, and rush to save the others.

"But if you all decide to attempt to distract Galt, I'll go. The man's a narcissistic psychopath.h Hopefully I could get him to talk about himself long enough for us to remove his leverage.

"The second issue is ghouls. Delta Green has dealt with them before. The majority of their kind are repulsive, vile creatures that I would gladly see the end to. But they also follow some sort of code or religion that dictates they can only consume dead flesh, and they won't generally harm a living human. Tales tell of some of the homeless population serving them and then giving themselves over to them after death. For our purposes, that's generally benign, and we have a truce with them, for the moment.

"These ghouls are an offshoot of them. They don't discriminate in what flesh they eat. We've no idea what number of them we're dealing with here, but at least a few dozen, quite possibly more. Hopefully Alzis is correct and most of them won't be in attendance. They're resistant to firearms, so we'll probably want to go in loud, with rifles and heavy arms. Also, grenades, though it might be risky to try them down there. Could cause a cave in.

"Lastly, assistance for this op. No DG agents are close enough to help us. The other ghouls won't help against their brethren, and we've no way of immediately contacting them besides. I'm thinking of bringing in Agent Taylor. From your briefing he proved competent under fire. No guarantee he'll be good against this kind of threat though, but we'll have to try. Maybe spin some BS about radiation."

Get to the armory and get what equipment you want while I contact Taylor. We need to move at once
."
OOC:   Few decisions to make here. Do you want to bring McRay along with you or send him to keep Galt busy?

Also, for simplicity sake let me know what type of weapons you're looking for, and I'll rule if that's doable. Do keep in mind that really heavy weapons( machine guns, rocket launchers) might require heavy weapons as a skill, which neither of you have. So you may want to stick with rifles and the like. Ultimately however the choice is yours.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I think we should have McRay distract Galt then. But I worry if he would make it out alive. Perhaps we can get to the meeting after the children are rescued.
I would hope that we get to the children before the ghouls show up, so we should leave immediately. I doubt that the FBI armoury would have anything more powerful than automatic rifles, but hand grenades would be useful as a last-resort weapon.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Taylor's a good man to have at your back," says Vanessa. "We can bring him on board, but has he recovered enough from his wound to go into action?"
OOC,That sounds good to me too. Let's get assault rifles and grenades, then, as well as body armor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”