See No Evil

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: See No Evil

Post by Mr. Handy »

With a surge of adrenaline, Vanessa rips the ghoul off of Taylor and flings it aside.
OOC,STR roll (37% chance) trying to pull the ghoul off of [b]Taylor[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

The ghoul is not expecting this and falls to the ground with a thud. It's still alive, but seems dazed.
OOC:   Ghoul will spend its next turn getting up, so go ahead and make another attack Mr.Handy. HoneyDog gets two. I presume he'll want to have Nik fire spread twice, so I'll go ahead and do this now.  
Nik lets loose with two sprays of gunfire that deplete the rest of his ammo. In total, four shots hit, opening new holes amongst the beast's flesh. Still the ghoul continues to persist, and giving an angry cry it begins to rise to its feet.

Taylor is hungry for vengeance, and fires a spread into the ghoul's head. All shots connect, and they seem to hit something critical. The creature falls to the ground once again. And this time, he does not get back up.

The tunnels are quiet again, save for the sobbing children. Taylor is panting rapidly, looking utterly spent. It may just be a trick of the light, or lack thereof, but he seems to be shaking a little.
OOC:   Scratch that, both ghouls are dead. Well done all. For defeating the ghouls, you each get one san back.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik reloads his pistol, and goes back to the children.

"It's okay guys, they can't hurt you now. Let's go, keep following us."

He turns to the girl who was so helpful earlier. "Can you help get them moving?" he asks. "We'll be out of here soon".

He calls out to Vanessa. "Why don't you lead with Taylor, I'll bring up the rear."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The brave girl nods, and helps calm some of the littler ones down. Thankfully none of the children had seemed to have run off.

Taylor looks down at the wound he's suffered, looking genuinely disturbed. "These things, do they like, spread? Because that thing drew blood." No one has an answer that satisfies him, but he seems content to clean his wounds when they get out of here.

The agents lead the group further out of the sewers. As they travel they hear howls in the distance, howls that seem to increase in number and decrease in distance. But Alzis' instructions hold, and the group make their way back out the depths and back into the subway.

They have rescued the children and returned in one piece.
OOC:   Almost done, going to try to wrap the scene up later tonight via a bit of time skips and exposition. We've a bit to cover but the hard parts of the scenario are just about over. Aside from Nik...  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll get patched up and checked out when we're safe," Vanessa says to Taylor as they head back towards the surface. "I took a wound too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As soon as they emerge with the kids, the agents are swarmed by locals and soon, the NYPD. This is not an enviable position for a Delta Green cell to be in, but the agents are smart enough to stonewall until help arrives.

As it turns out, that help comes from McRay. He arrives and has the FBI take over the investigation, and quickly swoops any unnatural involvement under the rug. Monsters in the subway are explained away as the figments of frightened children's imaginations. Instead the focus is on the neo nazi hate group who kidnapped them.

McRay explains the meeting with Galt went as well as could be expected. The German held him at gunpoint and made him “dine” with him. Judging by the way the agent says this, the team suspects he did not eat anything appealing. After he passed this initiation, Galt examined the book, then told McRay where the kids were. He gave a strict deadline however, and it was doubtful the team could have made it before the ghouls set upon them. At best they'd have had to fight the whole nest of them. At worst they'd have been too late. It seems that they made the right call.

The lose of the book is followed that night by a raid on the morgue. The uncensored footage shows Galt and his team slaughtering the staff. They retrieve the body of the Vanessa killed and take it away. Stromn is less fortunate. Galt surgically removes his brain and consumes it, but leaves the corpse behind. McRay claims not to know the purpose of this ritual.

An edited version of the tape is released, and Galt and his men become the most wanted men in America, or at least New York. A security camera catches the license plate of the getaway car, which is traced to an owner upstate. The next day SWAT atempts a breach. They encounter a team of highly trained killers, all of them packing automatic weaponry. Five officers die and several more are wounded, but the group is all killed. All the men are accounted for, save Galt. No traces of him are found in the home, nor of the Karotechia. But a strange set of runes, painted in dry blood, are found on one of the walls. Some of the officers whisper it almost looks like a gateway...

In any event, the story slowly fades from the headlines,which suits Delta Green fine.

Vanessa's photos are sent up the chain, and according to McRay enough information is gleaned from them to actually be useful. Very little of it is shared with the agents, but what is known is that the Karotechia are planning something. They need groups like The Review to foster hatred and division, but their exact plan is as of yet unclear.

Speaking of The Review, With Colm removed from the picture, the group suffers. When Bhrunt is arrested a few weeks later for selling drugs and massive mail fraud, it is the death spiral for the group. Membership declines rapidly, and soon it splinters into several different factions. It is neutralized as a threat.

Interestingly, the revived German burnt man vanishes from the hospital. The staff are mystified.

Taylor is brought into the group, and Vanessa returns back to Arizona. Nik though, has one more task awaiting him...
Nik,He is summoned to Club Apocalypse the next day. Alzis meets with him immediately, apparently not feeling the urge to sound him out. [color=#004000]“I'm glad I could be of service, Agent Siilasvuo. But it was you who saved the children, so do not be afraid to take credit. You and your team well deserve it[/color].” He pours a glass of brandy, offering Nik one as well. “[color=#004000]Now, to business. The task I need from you is simple. There is a used bookstore downtown. Bargain Books[/color].” He opens a drawer and places a hardback book on the table. It's a small book, probably not more than 100 pages or so. The cover is dark with golden touches to the title. The only illustration is the title. [i][center]The King In Yellow.[/center][/i] “[color=#004000]Simply take this book to the store, and find the used book bin. It will be near the front. Place the book inside the bin and the job shall be done. One of my associates will retrieve it later in the day. I must warn you under no circumstances to read it, or even to open it. It's... rather potent. It would surely ruin you, and I'd rather you not burn out when our relationship has just started[/color]. [color=#004000]“If their is nothing else, this shall fulfill the debt you owe me. I do hope you'll keep me in mind in the future, should situations arise. I'm always happy to be of assistance[/color].”
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik swallows his distaste and picks up the book, putting it in his pocket.

"I'll do this for you Mr. Alzis" he says. He can only hope that it won't create even more problems in the future...
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Alzis smiles.

"Please, Agent Siilasvuo. Call me Stephen."

Nik finds his way to the bookstore. Rundown and well off the beaten path, it's largely empty when Nik steps inside. He's able to find the bin soon enough, and when the clerk is distracted, he stuffs the book down halfway in it.Nothing further happens, so he leaves and returns home. This mission had taken a lot out of him, though, and he could only hope friends and family did not notice.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”