A Victim of the Art

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: A Victim of the Art

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I think we should discuss it over dinner. We'll just have to be careful to sit somewhere isolated so we aren't overheard, but most people don't eat this late anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Edmund sees a standard dental practice. The sign out front reads Maretti and Cummins dentistry. At this time of night, no cars are parked in the spaces allocated for it, and no lights can be found within.

The party all reunite over dinner. The main kitchen is closed, but soups, salads, and sandwiches are still offered. And what few people are around are quietly drinking or carrying on conversations at their own tables. The trio easily find a table far away from everyone else, where they can speak in privacy over the soft piano music piped through the speakers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It appears that the victims were killed by some sort of creature unknown to science," starts Vanessa. "Looks like this case is right up our alley."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"Lauren's mother was only able to communicate with me by blinking. But she said the same thing.Lauren was taken by what she described as a monster and a demon. It had wings, which explains the locations of the victims."

Nik stares silently into his glass for a time. "She couldn't offer any explanation as to why Lauren was taken. I have her boyfriends name though, he might be worth checking out."

He thinks for a moment. "We're going to need some serious firepower."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As the trio discuss their options, a newcomer enters the dinning room. It's Sonja Dewey, the reporter who had harassed them earlier today. She looks as stunning as ever, and catches eye of the party and moves towards them. Grabbing a chair along the way, she pushes up to their table.

"I suppose charm alone won't cut it. Fair enough. Give me two minutes." She holds up her fingers. "I have a proposition I think you'll find mutually beneficial."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Two minutes," says Vanessa. "I'll listen, but I'm not making any promises."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'm with Phenomen-X. Have you heard of us? To tell the truth, the audience of my show hasn't met a conspiracy it doesn't like. My last assignment before this was hunting for Bigfoot out in Oregon. I'm not exactly doing real journalism here. Truth be told though, that's fine. I'm viewing this as a stepping stone to help me make network. And if I have to sensationalize a bit, so be it." she smiles, all sparkly white.

"So here's what I propose. I need a juicy story here, and it always helps to cultivate contact. Talk to me. It can be largely off the record, I understand the realities of your jobs preclude anything else. Feed me some information to keep my viewers interested. And when you solve this case contact me before anyone else and spill the goods. Make it as sensational as possible. If all goes according to plan I'll impress my boss and the talent hunters for legitimate news. Fun as this is, I don't want to chase space aliens the rest of my life.

"In exchange? Well I don't doubt you three are persuasive, but I've been told I can be as well. I can check out leads for you and pass the information back to you, or assist your investigation in anyways you see fit. You help me, I help you.

"Besides, think of this as a way to control me. You three are my best lead at the moment, and until I get a better one you'll all be the center of my attentions. Unless we come to an arrangement
."

Dewey leans back and waits to here the group's answer. The agents know having a civilian anywhere near this case could expose Delta Green and what they're trying to keep hidden, but can they hope to keep her away?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“She’s amazing” thinks Nik, trying to be discreet about eyeing her up.

“We need to discuss this” he says coldly. “Come back in five minutes and we’ll give you an answer.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I'll do that," Sonja says, and by the way she smiles at Nik he knows she's caught him. But she seems used to such things. Rising from her seat, she goes to the bar and orders a drink, leaving the team alone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Pick up your tongue," Vanessa says to Nik with a sly grin. "You dropped it on the floor. We can't have her around, that's for sure. Maybe we can pretend to agree and send her across the country on a wild goose chase, ostensibly doing research for us into a 'similar case.' That might get her out of our hair until we can solve this one. We could put her onto the murders in Arizona. The NSA has swept that under the rug, so there's little danger of her exposing anything, but there's something real behind it, so she won't just turn around and fly back here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Huh” says Nik grumpily. “I’m not fooled by her seductress bullshit, no matter how hot she is. I’ll be glad to see the back of her. Good idea, send her to Arizona. Let’s hope she’s not there though when we get back”.

He calls over to Dewey at the bar. “Hey, get over here.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sandra downs the rest of her drink and swaggers over. It's a very nice sight, at least for the male investigators.

"Have you come to a decision?" She asks.
OOC:   Alright, whoever talks to get her to go to Arizona will need to make a persuade roll. It will be an opposed roll by Sandra's HUMINT rating. If both succeed, the higher success wins.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Sit down” says Nik. When she is sitting, he continues.

“Earlier in the year we investigated a series of murders in Arizona, and we think that the events here may be connected”. He proceeds to fill her in on the basic facts of the Reservation investigation.

“There’s strong evidence of a link between the killer in Arizona and what’s going on here. But the locals weren’t always very open with us. There’s a lot of bad history between the FBI and the Apaches. You might well succeed in talking to them where we failed.”
Persuade,Persuade 70: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/513500]Persuade[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]21[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Really?" Dewey responds. Her voice is level, but the agents can hear an edge to it. An edge of eagerness, for a big scoop. "Where would this be? San Carlos? I always did think things got swept under the rug there rather easily..."

"Understand that this is the big story right now. If I go off on a fruitless search my bosses will not be happy. Nor will I. It's going to be hard to convince them to allocate resources to another case with The Chiropractor investigation our main story."

She appears conflicted, but the risk taker in her wins out, and she gives a slight nod. "Alright. I'll check it out. But if you fuck me on this..." she's still smiling, but no warmth reaches her eyes. "Well, let's not go there. To our new partnership." The warmth returns. If no one else has anything to say she soon after leaves. The agents are undisturbed for the rest of the night.

The agents awaken the next morning with several avenues of investigation open to them.
OOC:   Assume we want to move on. If you have anything further to say to Sandra/do during the night, let me know and we'll add it in.

Okay, you all have several leads to pursue. I'll list some of them here if you need a refresher.

You can go to Dr. Maretti's office and look through his files or interview his receptionist. Apparently she was there the day of his murder.

You can go to one of the victim's homes, especially Lauren Harrogate. She was abducted from there so there may be some clues.

You could go to the high school. Two of the victims had connections with it. You could investigate Vanessa Hatvan's office or interview her colleagues. Same with Lauren. There's also her boyfriend, Chad Jordan.

Or something else. And will you split up again or go as a group?  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Edmund Rue
"As I talked to Mrs Maretti, I'll follow up on the practice." Rue volunteers.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," says Vanessa. "I'm the forensics expert, so I'll check out the scene at Lauren's home."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik
"Okay, it's back to high school for me". He sighs. He hated high school, being the kid with the funny name no-one could pronounce.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

After a quick breakfast, the team sets out.
Edmund,The dentist office is open when Rue gets there, and he enters. The walls are filled with inspiring messages about how visiting a dentist is more like seeing an old friend, which he may or may not agree with. A few people are in the waiting room, reading magazines or watching tv. Edmund spies the receptionist sitting behind her desk, and approaches her. She gives him a professional smile as he approaches. "[color=#0040FF]Hello. Do you have an appointment[/color]?"
Vanessa,Lauren Harrogate's home is a three story townhouse. Aside from the broken door on the balcony, it looks quite nice, and Vanessa gets inside without much trouble. The interior of the house is spotless, almost disturbingly so, but there are personal touches. Vanessa notices several pictures of Lauren and her parents. They seem happy. Going upstairs she heads towards Lauren's room, the scene of the crime. The room itself is large and colorful. Bright blue walls are adorned with posters of The Backstreet Boys and Hanson. Lauren has a shelf for stuffed animals and another for magazines, most of which seemed designed for teenage girls. She also has a television and a computer in her room, a testament to her family's affluence. Pictures of her in a cheerleading outfit sit on the desk next to her bed. The room itself does not look all that disturbed, aside from the glass door to the balcony which overlooks the street. This has shattered as if someone had crashed through it with extreme force. The broken glass has been removed from the floor, but the entrance point remains obvious. [ooc]If Vanessa wants to look around roll me Search to see what, if anything you find.[/ooc]
Nik,Glendridge High is a very large school, with an attached sports field that looks like it can support a few teams at once. As Nik approaches he notices several students out playing baseball. Ignoring them, he enters into the school. A receptionist greets him in the wide open entrance hall. "[color=#0040FF]Can I help you, sir[/color]?" Behind her is a sign cheering on the Grizzlies. they seem to be the school football team.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa begins a systematic grid search of the crime scene and finds something of interest.
OOC,Search roll (52% skill) in [b]Lauren[/b]'s room: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik shows his badge and ID. “I’m investigating the recent murders. I’d like to speak to the Principal please.”

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”