A Victim of the Art

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: A Victim of the Art

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa searches her namesake's study, but she doesn't find much of interest other than the computer, which she tries to access.
OOC,Search roll (52% skill) searching the study: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Having gaining whatever information he can from the dentist and receptionist Edmund returns to the hotel.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik,[color=#0040FF]"No, not that I know of. Though, she kept a lot of secrets from me so.[/color].." Bitter, Chad rises to his feet. "[color=#0040FF]Anyway I'm heading back to class. I hope you find whomever did this, but It wasn't me[/color]."
Vanessa,A search of the study finds nothing, so Vanessa examines the computer. She find several word documents have been written in. Opening one up at random, she begins to read: [i]Hailey struggled as the pirate leered over her. She was his prisoner now, and knew that he would enjoy taking her womanly virtue. The pirate leaned in, his breath hot against her bare neck. "You shiver my timbers, M'lady. Worry not, I won't let my men touch you." "Good sir, we are a long way from port. However will you keep me from their carnal urges?" He leaned in and offered her a passionate kiss. "By making you The Captain's Woman."[/i] The name at the top of the document is [i]Rebecca Hartford[/i]. Indeed, all of Hatvan's documents seem to be written under this name. All seem to have the same basic trope, the naive and inexperienced woman seduced by a worldly lover. Vanassa either knows(or can quickly look up) That Rebecca Hartford is a famous romance novelist. It would seem she just found out her real identity. Well, that explains how she was able to afford this house. While this is an interesting fact, it hardly seems related to the actual case, and a quick scan of the computer and rest of the house offers no other clues that would help to solve it or explain why Hatvan was targeted.
Rue,As Edmund drives to the hotel, he attempts to think about what he's learned so far. [ooc]Make an Int*5 roll. Succeed and Edmund realizes that the most logical course of action now is to compare the names from Dr. Maretti's patient log to people either of the other victims interacted with in the days before their death nd see if there are any matches.[/ooc]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Yeah, yeah, so you keep telling me.”
HUMINT,Just want to see if there might be something he's holding back. HUMINT 70: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/516447]HUMINT[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]6[/b]. If there's nothing Nik will let him go and then go to check Ms. Hatvan's office and workspace.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik,Nik is all but certain Chad has nothing to do with this. Hearing Nik's flippant remarks, the football player gets a lock of rage on his face. "[color=#0040FF]You want to say that again, jackass[/color]?" Clenching his fists, he rushes Nik, approaching with hostile intent! [ooc]Attack Order: Chad Nik[/ooc] When he reaches Nik, he lunges at the agent and attempts to deck him! [dice]0[/dice] skill-50 Damage [dice]1[/dice] No damage inflicted The attack connects on Nik's arm and hurts a little, but seems to be only a superficial wound. Still, unless Nik does something it looks like Chad's willing to keep going.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The attack takes Nik by surprise, but he reacts calmly. Waiting for Chad to swing again, he seizes Chad's outstretched arm, and redirects Chad’s weight towards himself. He slides his hand down to Chad's wrist, twisting Chad's hand back and bringing it up to his own shoulder, attempting to put him in a wrist lock.
Unarmed Combat,Nik moves to pin his opponent. Unarmed Combat 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/516494]Unarmed Combat[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]26[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,What time is it now? Is there still time for me to follow up on other leads, or is it just about time to meet the others?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik,Remembering his FBI training, Nik focuses. Chad is strong but unskilled, and it's a simple matter to pin him. "Let me go, damn you!" [ooc]Normally we'd continue to roll to see if he can escape or if you can keep him in your grip and attack him, but I'm going to say this attracted some attention[/ooc] The door opens and Principal Harolds returns, looking quite concerned. "[color=#0040FF]Good heavens, what is going on here[/color]?"
Vanessa,[ooc]I'll say it's the afternoon now, around 2 or so. Might be time to meet up with the others. You're not sure if Nik is still at the school or Rue at the dentist's office, but a quick call to either should help you figure that out[/ooc].
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa calls Nik to fill him in. "I've been to Vanessa Hatvan's house," she says, "which is really nice and very expensive. At first I wondered how she could possibly afford it, but looking around showed me what her alternative source of income was. She was actually famous romance novelist Rebecca Hartford. Not really relevant to the case as far as I can tell, but it does clear up that question. Are you ready to meet and discuss our findings so far?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Nik gets Vanessa's call as soon as he reacts to his last post. HoneyDog, You can go ahead and respond to it in the same post.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik hopes this won't all get blown out of proportion. He maintains his grip on the student's hand

"Chad here has some serious anger management issues. As well as poor judgment. He just assaulted me."

Nik's cellphone rings and he uses his free hand to fish it out of his pocket and flip it open. He listens to Marchand's explanation.

"I'm done with the boyfriend but I still need to look at Ms. Hatvan's things. He doesn't know very much. I'll call you when I'm done".

Finishing the call, he turns back to the matter in hand.

"I appreciate you might be dealing with some issues about Lauren's death Chad, so I won't take this any further. But if I let you go and you come at me again, you'll be under arrest for assaulting a federal agent. Do you understand me?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll come join you at the school," says Vanessa before Nik ends the call. "If you're not done by the time I get there, I can help you out." She calls Edmund to update him and heads to the high school next.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

[Spoiler-Button]Int x 5 = 50

[dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]
OOC:   Wowzer  
Edmund sits in traffic on the way back to the hotel when a brainwave hits him.
  What if there is a link between the doctors patient list and the evidence that the others are working on.  
Last edited by Cearlan on Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   I assume everyone is meeting up at the school. If this is true I'll bring the group back together.  
Chad looks at Nik with hateful eyes, but relaxes. He seems unwilling to press the matter.
"Fine."

"No, it is not fine!" says Harold's. "Agent Siilasvuo, I apologize. Rest assured Chad will be punished accordingly."

"But he started it!"

"That's enough!" Harolds fixes him with a stare. "Now get out! We'll discuss this later" Chad does so, but not before shooting a dirty look at Nik.

Harolds turns back to Nik. "We do appreciate you keeping this under wraps, Agent."

It's around this time when the receptionist informs the principal that two more agents are there to see him.
OOC:   Vanessa and Edmund both arrive at this time  
Vanessa heads to the school, and is shown to the principal's office. Edmund soon follows, having gotten a call from her suggesting they were all meeting there.

"Ah, the new agents," says the principal. "I'm principal Harold's. I was speaking with Agent Siilasvuo, and he was just about to inspect Ms. Hatvan's office. Would you like to join him?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

As Harold takes them to Hatvan's office, Nik addresses him about Chad. He's pretty pissed off.

"I don't want that kid punished Harold, I want him in counseling. He's a danger to himself and to others. If he's already in counseling, the counselor needs to know about today. You got that?"

He points his finger at the principal. "I'll be checking".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that would be great," says Vanessa. She turns to Nik. "What did we miss?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Please go on ahead Mr. Harold, we’ll follow” Nik says to the Principal, so that he cannot overhear them.

As they are led down the corridors, he talks to the others. Chad knew about Lauren cheating on him, but he doesn’t know with who. It seems he cared for her, but he knew that the relationship wouldn’t last. It doesn’t seem like Lauren had confided anything that was troubling her. She wouldn’t talk about her father and he said that she had her secrets.”

“I really don’t think Chad knows anything about the murder. But he was very insistent on denying any involvement which was strange. He didn’t like my tone of voice so he took a swing at me. That’s the way these alpha male asshole types usually deal with their pain I suppose.”

“Let’s all talk properly when we get to the office. For all I know it was probably the Principal who did it. Most Principals are monsters, in my experience.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods and continues walking to the office.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"I promise we'll get him into it. Again, thank you for not taking this further. I'm sure Mr. Jordan is just upset over his girlfriend's death, though that's no excuse for attacking you!"
He heads off and meets them at the library. It's a standard school library. Some students are studying in the rows, though most of the group seem to be quietly whispering to one another. Harolds leads the investigators to the back of the library, where an office seems to be attached.

"This was Vanessa's office. Anything she kept in school would be in here, we have yet to clean it out. If you need me, I'll be outside."

The office is cramped and crowded, and school related papers are everywhere. Most of them seem to be general announcements.( the bake sale has been moved to the 4th...) And It takes awhile to find anything related to the case.

Eventually though the Agents find a ledger that seems relevant in one of the desk drawers. It contains Hatvan's day by day accounts of the detentions she gave out and the reasons behind them. By the number of names in her book, she apparently gave detention out somewhat freely. If the agents check the day of her death, they can find the notes of whom she gave detention to.

Amanda Krantz- Chewing gum.

Charles Sullivan- Shooting spit balls.

Chad Jordan- inappropriate language, backtalking.

Courtney Thorben- Talking during study period.

Thomas Dengler- Talking during study period.

Trevor Pastore- Sleeping during study period.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"Chad again". He rubs his chin thoughtfully. "There's something about him. I want to speak to Lauren's mother again. But first, what did you guys find out? And I'm not being obsessive, but did Chad's name come up?"

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”