A Victim of the Art

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Re: A Victim of the Art

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Okay, let's see if I have this right.

Since Cearlan's not posted for a bit, I'm going to temporally npc Rue and say he's gone to get the camera you guys wanted. I'm going to rule it's cheap enough that we can hand wave the cost.

Vanassa can learn where the NSA agents are and try to get an extra shotgun from them(keep in mind you brought one with you, if you need me to look up the stats I can dig them up) For this just give me a persuade roll.

Does Nik want to go to the pickup place and get the gear DG has prepared for you guys, or would he rather follow Thomas, stay with Vanessa, or something else?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Nik can pick up the gear from DG.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa has built up a strong relationship with the local police and is easily able to get them to divulge the whereabouts of the NSA agents and lend her a spare shotgun.
OOC,Yes, that's the plan. Persuade roll (70% skill) to convince the police to lend us a shotgun and tell us where the NSA agents are: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Rue goes off and buys the camera equipment. Since this task does not take very long, he volunteers to keep Dengler under surveillance as well. Since he is at school this does not seem very difficult.

Nik finds the DG deaddrop is in a small storage unit in a row of identical ones. Inside a packed room of old furniture and used junk, he finds a package addressed to his codename. Inside are three pairs of night vision goggles, two stun grenades, and a submachine gun, a B&T MP9 by the looks of it.

Vanassa establishes a great rapport with the local police, and Gregson is all to happy to hand over a shotgun and some spare ammunition for it. He also confides that the NSA agent shave largely kept to himself, and he's not seen them since that morning, or has any idea where they may be currently.

By the time each agent finishes their mission, it's just after 1 in the afternoon. Nik and Vanassa have reunited, but before they can do much else they receive a call from Rue.

"Dengler just left school for some reason. He's on the move. I'm going to try and follow... hold on. A van just pulled up besides Thomas. He's approaching it, it looks like he's talking to someone. Now he's shaking his head. Wait! Men just jumped out of the van. They're grabbing Dengler and forcing him inside.They've got him inside and have taken off. I'm going to try and follow and get a location where they're taking him!"
OOC:   Cearlan, if you return I promise I'm not setting this up to kill your character. :D

I'll probably make a new thread for all the equipment stats for the various stuff you guys have.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik
OOC,I think the SMG must be a Steyr TMP, the B&T was a later licensed copy.
“Where are you now Rue?”

Once they have a location of where Rue and the van are headed, Nik and Vanessa will head in that direction. Nik can drive.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

ooc,[ooc]Thanks. The book gave B&T, but it's modern day. So noted. Unless the gun is from the future,which given the genre you can never rule out[/ooc]. :D
"Right now I'm at the school. I'm going to try and follow. Will call with a location once I've done so." Before anyone can stop him, he hangs up.

It's several never-wracking minutes before he calls back.

"I followed them, I don't think I've been spotted. They're heading up to the town's lighthouse. Probably planning to shack up with Dengler and get what they need out of him." He gives his location to the other agents.

"What do we want to do? Sounds like they're going to take care of our Dengler problem for us. Should we intervene?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"They've made the connection then" Nik says to Vanessa. "They probably want to get Thomas to summon the creature. Does it come out during the day, though? They'll want to capture it. I guess we need to be ready to strike, but if we start firing at the monster, they'll fire on us."

He thinks furiously for a plan. "If they're all inside the lighthouse, monster, Thomas, and agents, let's burn it down. Kill them all. I'm not kidding around. I'll do it and give you guys plausible deniability."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That may be the best option in a bad situation," says Vanessa. "We can always blame what happens on the NSA if they're not around to contradict us. They figured things out awfully fast. Guess we don't need the camera after all. One thing we may have going for us is that if Thomas does summon the creature, he'll probably direct it at them. If he does it for relatively minor things, he wouldn't be able to resist siccing it on the guys who kidnapped him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“I think so too. They’ll probably have someone on guard so we should approach by foot. We can use the camera’s telephoto lens to check the lay of the land. The monster probably hasn’t shown up yet.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

By the time the other agents arrive at Rue's location, it has started to lightly rain.

Rue meets them and explains that the van headed up the path to the lighthouse, a half mile or so away. There;s nothing else any of the agents can see in that direction, so it seems a safe bet that they took Dengler there.

The trio get out of the car and walk the last part of the path on foot. Using their brand new camera, Nik's able to determine that there is apparently no agent left on lookout anywhere they can see, and as they aproach, there are no immediate cries of alarm or sounds of gunfire. They're probably safe for now.

The lighthouse itself stands tall and proud. It seems reasonably old, and while none of the agents are experts, a guess of around the mid 19th century seemed to fit with its time of construction. The only exit seems to be the tall door that also serves as the entrance. The top of the lighthouse contains the lookout, which one could theoretically leap out of if the building was on fire, but it's up far enough surviving the fall would be unlikely.

The only other object of note is the van. It's parked on the side of the road, half concealed by bush. Rue confirms it's the vehicle he saw abduct Thomas. Presently all the doors are closed.

The rain is beginning to pick up, but that's the only thing troubling the agents at the moment.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“We should get inside and try and find out what’s going on. I’ll check the van first.” He heads towards it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods. "Yeah, there may be something important inside," she says, her shotgun ready. "I'll cover you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik finds all of the van's doors locked firmly. It would seem entry will prove difficult.

Another way occurs to him, however. The black tinted glass windows seem breakable. If he wanted to he could toss a rock through it and perhaps gain entry that way. However, there was no guarantee the van was not alarmed for exactly that situation. If they were, they'd lose any advantage they may have had. But there may be gear inside that could prove useful. It was up to them to decide if they wanted to try and gain entry.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik decides against breaking into the van, and returns to the others.

"Shall we go inside?" he asks them. The SMG is concealed under his jacket.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods again and leads the way quietly to the door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Rue follows, bringing the spare shotgun with him.

The lighthouse door is unlocked, and only gives a small creak as the trio slip in. On the walls are historical plaques; apparently this was a landmark of sorts. A long winding staircase leads up and out of sight, and voices immediately grab the agent's attention. It is impossible to fully make out what they are saying, but Nik believes one of the voices belongs to Thomas. He seems panicked and protesting.

The voice that responds is a good deal quieter, and his words echo off the walls and form into no cohesive speech. They'll need to start up the stairs if they want to decipher what is being said.

Rue turns to the others and whispers. "We want to try and get the drop on them? There were four of them, not to mention the kid. But if we're able to sneak up there and our shots are accurate, we may have a chance. Or we could try and stick with the plan to burn this place down. Or maybe we could cause a distraction and split the group up."

He waits for the others feedback.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“We need to wait for the creature before we move” whispers Nik. “I want to hear what they’re saying. Shall we sneak up?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods yet again. "I'll go up part of the way," she whispers, "since I've had some training. Hopefully I can get close enough to overhear them. They'd probably hear all of us, but they might not hear just me. If they do make me, we'll have to rush them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Vanessa can make a stealth roll with a +25 bonus as the men are involved in a heated conversation.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa makes her way up the stairs silently. It takes all of her training to avoid being detected, and she is lucky that the men upstairs are distracted and speaking loudly.
OOC,Stealth roll (30 + 25 = 55% skill) going up the stairs: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”