A Victim of the Art

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: A Victim of the Art

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa calls Nik and fills him on what she's found. "The car door was ripped off by something really strong," she says, "quite possibly with talons. I also found more of that gray goo." She collects a sample. "What's happening on your end?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

Nik walks over to the parents and speaks quietly to them.

“It’s okay Mr. Talden. Kimberley has had a severe shock, and this is how her mind is dealing with it. I’ve seen these kinds of incidents before. She’ll be fine, believe me. She needs a good rest, that’s all. let her tell her story as she sees fit.”

“You should also contact your lawyer before you sign any non-disclosure agreement” he adds. “You’re under no legal obligation to disclose any information to these gentlemen at the present time. So get your lawyer to check any agreement out before you sign it. I would also talk to your departmental lawyer too, Detective Gregson”.

He takes the call from Marchand. “That’s interesting news Mom. But I have to go, I’m with some other agents right now. Call you back later.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik,Nik is unable to delay Bowers further, but he's at least confident they won't try anything with so many witnesses around. As Kimberly gives her story, Nik notices Bowers looking over at him. He's trying to be subtle, but it's clear he seems very interested in Nik's reaction to the tale. Almost as though he's trying to determine if the agent looks surprised or not to hear it. And though he can't be certain, Nik gets the feeling Bowers is somewhat suspicious of him. When he reassures Kim's father though, Bowers seems to relax slightly. Kimberly though looks devastated. "[color=#0040FF]You don't believe me? I know what I saw[/color]!"
Vanessa,The agent feels she's picked up everything she can at the crime scene. She could return to Nik, go back to her hotel, or go surveillance the Dengler residence once again.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"I do believe you Kimberly. But the best thing for you to do is rest. Your mind will be clearer after a couple of days."

Nik feels bad, but he knows that no one will ever believe Kimberly until they've experienced something similar themselves. It's best if she starts to change her story.

He turns to Bowers. "Don't you think you've heard enough? Leave the poor girl alone and let her rest."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm going to head over to the suspect's house and resume surveillance," Vanessa replies before Nik ends the call, careful not to give too much away in case the NSA is listening in on their call. "Let me know if you need me." She returns to the Dengler house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik,Nik's answer seems to reassure whatever doubts Bowers had. The agent thinks he's in the clear, at least for now. But he's also increasingly certain Bowers had suspected he was DG for a moment. Kimberly looks devastated that no one seems to believe her. She begins to cry. When her mother approaches, she pulls away. "[color=#0040FF]Leave me alone[/color]!" [b]"Agent Siilasvuo is right. Let's give her some time alone. Thank you for your assistance, Kimberly[/b]." They all leave the room. Gregson shakes his head sadly. "[color=#0040FF]She must really be out of it. Poor girl[/color]." "[color=#0040FF]Indeed[/color]." says the other NSA agent, the one Bowers had vouched for as a doctor. "[color=#0040FF]She simply is not ready to face whatever it was she saw. It's a common reaction to stressful events. But the good news is I'm sure she'll be fine in a few days, and her normal memories will begin to return[/color]." "[b]Regardless, we're done here[/b]," says Bowers. [b]"No need for confidential agreements, she gave us nothing important. But I advice you all not to repeat the sort of stories she's telling. A killer is out there, and the last thing we need is to obfuscate that fact and give him more cover[/b]." "[color=#0040FF]OF course[/color]." Kim's father nods. "[b]Very good[/b]." Bowers turns to Nik. [b]"Well, I think we're done here. If we find anything, we'll be sure to let you know[/b]." He gives Gregson and Nik his number, advising them to contact him if they see anything suspicious. Then he and his men depart. [ooc]Where to next? We'll say it's nearly 6.[/ooc]
Vanessa,Vanessa heads back to the house. The next hour and a half finds her wuth no new information. It's just after 6 in the morning when Mark Dengler pulls out of the driveway and heads off. Eloise and Thomas should be leaving soon as well, if she wishes to continue to wait.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik is glad to see the back of the agents. He wonders if they believed Kimberly's story. Probably, or they wouldn't be here. He returns to the room to see her, to talk to her alone.

I'm sorry about that Kimberly" he tells her, sitting on the bed. "But people won't believe us if we tell them the truth about what happened, it's too unreal. After a day or so, say that you don't remember anything about it. You're gonna have to keep this thing inside of you, and learn to live with it. My team and I are hunting the monster, and it will be over soon, one way or another. Don't tell anyone about our conversations. Try and get some rest now."
OOC:   Nik will return to the Dengler's house, his eye out for tails.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa fills in Nik when he arrives. "No unusual activity," she says. "Mark Dengler left for work a little past six. Mrs. Dengler and Thomas should be departing soon, which will give us our chance. Should one of us to tail Thomas today?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik thinks for a minute.

Thomas will probably go to school, but just in case yes maybe one of us can follow him. If he goes there with no problems, then whoever tails him can come back and we can search the house all together.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik can see Kimberly seems to want to ask questions, but the girl wisely nods. She still looks rather pale, but Nik thinks she'll make something of a recovery. It seems to have impacted her less than it had Lauren's mother, though whether that was due to stronger mental fortitude or something else is yet unknown.

No one seems to tail him,and he soon returns to the Dengler home. The team reunite, and sure enough, soon the other Denglers leave the home. Eloise and Thomas leave within 15 minutes of one another. If anyone follows Thomas they find that he heads straight to school. The Agents can confirm his location and that the house is empty by 8 in the morning. Of course, it's also rather bright out, and while most of the neighborhood seems to be at work, breaking and entering could prove difficult.
OOC:   Let's hear your plans. If I may say so, this should be good. :D

If anyone wants a hint as to a possible plan(though by no means one you need feel free to pursue) roll Idea.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Someone needs to keep watch, probably Nik. The easiest thing would be to stage a burglary so that Thomas does not suspect anything. Entering without being seen if there are still people around can be tricky, but if they have work overalls and paint brushes etc. that might give them cover. Turning off the alarm will be the difficult part. Do the agents have any skills for that? Nik has Electrician.

We should assume that everything was planned the night before during surveillance in order to save time.  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Tranq. dart used on Dengler Jr.? If he's controlling the creature somehow, then he'll be less able if he's out for the count.  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   That might be a good option for later, but first we need to figure out how to get in the house and see what we can find.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Could we try cutting the power to the house? That might disable the alarm. We also may want to enter through the back door, as it will be easier to get open and less visible. Idea roll (55% stat): [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:  
idea,I'll give two sets of info here. First,let's recap what you know about the creature. I[i]t's claimed four known victims, all of them at night. Each of the victims hurt Thomas Dengler in some way. In addition, during now two of the attacks, the thing left witnesses essentially unharmed. It seems fixated on its target and nothing else. And based on last night's attack, Dengler does not need to be on or even near the scene, and the creature apparently never has contact with him. [/i] As for the house... Cutting power is one possibility. I'm willing to say if Nik gets in he can give a crack at disabling the alarm, using electronics. Assume they have a sign for the security company out front, and Nik knows enough about the unit to try and disable it. Cutting power to the entire house is probably a bit harder, but if you want to try and do that feel free. As for how to get inside, the back door is glass while the front seems more secure. There are a few ways. The agents could simply smash their way in, but that would be high risk. On the other hand, if they want to do a quick search and cover it up as a robbery, this may be the simplest way to accomplish that. This also has the advantage that most of the Glendridge PD is busy looking for Chad, so response time may be delayed, even for a wealthy area such as this. They could examine the house for any open windows or the like. This would probably require a crit luck success though, the odds are not very good. They could also look in the obvious places for a house key, but it would require the same roll. They could try to lockpick their way in (dex*5) but if they fail, they'd have to make a luck roll to avoid being spotted. Another option might be to call the police and report an intruder was spotted near the Dengler home. With the death of two people connected to Glenridge high and a third one missing, people are on edge. It would give them an excuse to search the property for anything the "intruder" stole. The downside here is that they'd need to give up with a convincing excuse for why they were near enough to the house to spot an intruder, and they risk making Dengler suspicious.Or Bowers and his lackeys. So hopefully I've given you guys something to think about. Let me know your plan going forward and We'll see what happens. ;)

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Cutting power to the house would mean contacting the power company, which would give us away. Calling in a suspicious character and investigating a 'break-in' could work. We call and say we saw someone sneaking around as we were driving through, and then we discovered a break in, but back-up isn't needed . Only one of us should say we are present, as it might raise suspicions otherwise.

It might tip off Thomas that someone is onto him, but we will probably have to move against him sooner rather than later.If necessary, we can point the finger at the NSA team and get them removed by the beastie.  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Just two thoughts here.

Now I ain't claiming to be an expert on security systems, but I'm sure that these units have a back-up battery power-pack in there somewhere.

Secondly why can't we phone the intruder alert in anonymously, and if we happened to give a brief description of said intruder that just happens to be a match for Chad's then we could be investigating legitimately.

We could be in the station, thereby giving us an alibi and one of us could slip out and place the call and come back in before anything is mobilized.  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Cearlan wrote:
OOC:   Now I ain't claiming to be an expert on security systems, but I'm sure that these units have a back-up battery power-pack in there somewhere.

Secondly why can't we phone the intruder alert in anonymously, and if we happened to give a brief description of said intruder that just happens to be a match for Chad's then we could be investigating legitimately.

We could be in the station, thereby giving us an alibi and one of us could slip out and place the call and come back in before anything is mobilized.  
OOC:   I think we might be able to disable the alarm completely - smash it if necessary.

If we're in the station and say that Chad has been seen here, it's sure to raise the attention of the NSA agents. They would be monitoring the police band. If only one of us calls and says they happened to be driving past and noticed something, it wouldn't bring much attention.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,What if, instead of saying the intruder looks like [b]Chad[/b], whoever calls the police to tip them off describes one of the NSA agents [b]Nik[/b] saw in the hospital?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Mr. Handy wrote:
OOC,What if, instead of saying the intruder looks like [b]Chad[/b], whoever calls the police to tip them off describes one of the NSA agents [b]Nik[/b] saw in the hospital?
OOC:   Maybe that be even more likely to bring the NSA agents? We don't want to attract attention, so the less spectacular our claim, the less attention it will attract. If just one of us calls in, and offers to quickly check it out, I don't think the locals will give it too much thought.  

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”