OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by Silver Priest »

How's the info dumping and general game going? I don't want to dump too much of the setting on you guys, but a lot of factions have come into play during this operation.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm liking it. It's not too much to read, and it gives me some background about the world of DG that I didn't know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Glad you're enjoying. I am making some adjustments to the setting and story I want to tell, but nothing too severe or far out from canon. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

No it's fine. It's a good adventure so far.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

For no reason whatsoever, I've added new rules to burst fire, should you use that in the future. viewtopic.php?f=399&t=5891&p=194400#p194400 Please let me know if you have any questions, as this is a house rule of mine.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I'll try to finish up See No Evil in the next day or two. But well done. You've both survived another scenario. :D I'll go into further detail and answer any questions as soon as we fully wrap up.

For now though I am interested in continuing this game, but I'd really actually rather run a one-shot and take a break from this for a bit. The one shot in question would cast the characters as friends or relatives whose teenage daughter has gone missing. I'd ideally like at least one of the investigators to play the mother or father of the missing girl, for added drama and plot cohesion. Would either of you be interested in a game along these lines?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks!

I'd be interested in trying a game like that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

See No Evil is at its end. Let's start with SAN Rewards.

1d3 for shutting down the Review. 1d6 for saving the kids.

This scenario is probably one of my favorites. I like how it introduces a broader threat in the Karotechia, and if the campaign continues I suspect you'll be running into them again. I tend to find engaging with factions and cults more rewarding than one off threats, but I try to give you guys a bit of both.

The one thing I love about this scenario is how it turns the general rule on its head. Even with no pc intervention, the whole situation spirals out of control for the Karotechia, and the rest of it is about minimizing their loses. Stromn picks the wrong person to attempt to recruit, and at the first opportunity the heavily paranoid Colm flees. The rest of the scenario as written focuses on the Karotechia's attempt to silence Colm. Had you not killed both Stromn and Voss(the cab driver) They'd have made an attempt on him at the convention the next day. As it was, I decided to bring in Alzis and use the scenario to introduce him instead.

The second part of the scenario is actually my own invention, so I hoped you enjoyed it. I did not anticipate you calling Alzis. Instead the scene would have been a race against time, with me rolling for you to determine if you made it to the kids on time before the ghouls got them. You avoided a lot of that by making the deal with him, so well done.

If there's any further questions or comments, feel free to let me know. Overall though, hope you enjoyed, I've been looking forward to this one for awhile. :D

As for the new game, I may run DG along with it, though I don't want to overexert myself. I'll have to think on it. I'm still not sure what the next scenario for this campaign will be, though I have a few different ideas that could work. For the one-shot, I'll probably try to recruit 4 or so players, counting you both( if HoneyDog is interested and able) I'd also love for you both to play the parents of the missing teenager, though that's just because I know you two are great with rping and think you could do a lot with the "material." You'd be under no obligation to play that character type however, as I know it's not to everyone's tastes.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That was a really good scenario SP. It moved at a great pace with a satisfying conclusion. I liked the different villains, and the necessity of having to deal with Alzis. It seemed like the easiest way to solve the situation with the children.

I'm really happy to do another DG adventure, but the missing daughter one honestly doesn't appeal I'm afraid. I have a daughter and I don't think I would feel very comfortable role-playing something like that. I'm sure there'll be other players though - modern adventures seem quite popular on the site.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

thanks, first scenario I've halfway written, so glad you enjoyed. I was worried it was a bit heavy on the exposition. It was a good option to deal with the situation. Interestingly enough, my first playtest had the players name drop Alzis to get Galt to back off. They expected he'd not want competition in town. It sort of worked, but this was "cleaner." And sets up a lot of interesting complications in the future.

And oh absolutely, definitely don't want anyone to play anything they're uncomfortable with. :) This one can get a bit dark, so I understand completely. I'll probably run another DG one then along with the new game, maybe after a short break. You seem to be enjoying the characters and I'm enjoying the setting we're building. No clue as to the next scenario at the moment. I was thinking Convergence, but I see you guys will be playing that soon. I'll have to think on what to run instead.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks SP. My tolerance for violence and dystopian stuff declined dramatically after my children were born. I want to imagine a more optimistic future. Still, I love Lovecraftian stuff hence my participation in the games here.

Yes, it seems Convergence is coming up with leestriter. But if you feel you have enough time to run something else I'd love to play. Have you tried The New Age? That sounds like a good one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thank you, that was really good! I had thought the second part was actually part of it, as it fit seamlessly.

Sanity gain:
[dice]0[/dice]+[dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Highest complement possible, thank you kindly. :)

I've our next scenario in mind. It should prove a quick one, and I've never run it before but I think you might both enjoy it. Just going to do some tinkering. Hopefully I'll kick it off within a week or so, going to focus on recruiting for the other game now and take a bit of a break.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Hey guys,decided to put this on hold for a bit while I work on the next scenario. I'll let you both know when I start it up again. I hope you'll both be able to join; the next scenario involves cats.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Look forward to it. Take as long as you need.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll gladly wait too, and I'm going to be very busy over the next few weeks anyway. I like cats, though Vanessa is more of a dog person.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Now that Roots is done, I am considering starting this game up again. Would both of you still be interested? I'd probably try to recruit one more player as well.

I know you guys were both planing to do Convergence in your other game, but that seems to have never happened. Would you be interested in that? Failing that, I have another idea.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Hi SP - sure, I'd like to play again. I've enjoyed your games a lot.

I'd like to do Convergence with you. The other game seems to have died.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I'd like to play again too, and Convergence is fine with me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Great, glad to have you both onboard! You both make an excellent team, ha ha.

I'm talking to a friend about joining a game, though I won't know for a few days. If he falls through, I'll try to recruit on here. In the meantime, you guys can take your downtime actions, via here viewtopic.php?f=399&t=5891#p190805 You're both back in Arizona, though your handling of the last case worked well enough for the FBI that a transfer may one day come. Delta Green though is unlikely to be happy you gave back the book that the Karotechia wanted.

As a heads up, Nik lost a lot of his bond to his girlfriend during the operation. He may want to work to repair that. If not, assume the two of them are going through a tough stretch at this time. Nik might be angry or jealous of her, since she does not understand the true horrors that lurk out there(among them immortal nazis and cannibalistic monsters lurking in the subways) In addition, he's made a deal with a sorcerer/crime boss, Stephen Alzis, and is still unsure of the consequences of that. Fortunately for her, Vanessa's own relationships are healthier at the moment.

If you've any questions or need a refresher do let me know. :D

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”