OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by Silver Priest »

HoneyDog wrote:So, UFO abduction is real. Sorry SP, does it mean that Nik loses SAN?
Well, that depends on if you believe what Baughman's saying. The author of the Hill's book seems to come down on them being misguided or misled, though not purposefully deceitful, Baughman himself says he ran into these creatures, but Nik also think he was crazy, so does he believe him?

If he does, I'm going to say a 0/1d3 unnatural loss. It's disturbing, but it kind of helps to only have the word of a mentally unstable man. It prevents Nik from being fully impacted by it.

I'll say the same for Edmund. Unless he believes Pastor Thomas in the 1920's and 1990's are one and the same, he suffers no san loss. If he does, he can lose 0/1d3. Both men do look alike but there are enough subtle differences that it could be a family relative.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

I think that Nik would believe Baughman, considering all of the experiences he's had. Nik thinks that Baughman was crazy but more as a result of what he'd been through, not because he was delusional. Nik has already seen one alien, so the existence of others would not seem so outlandish. The notion that they are abducting people would be disturbing though.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Understood. I'll roll your san. Seems to be 64.

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice] if fail.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Looks okay then! The new scenario looks good too.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

I'm away for a week to see my daughter and my new grand-daughter. I may be able to get on but have a busy schedule planned, as you can imagine - also I have my birthday smack bang in the middle of next week.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

No worries! Have a great trip, and happy birthday. :) If it's alright with you I'll NPC Rue if needed until you return, but I expect not to need to (Except perhaps to brief the others on what he found out.)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

for those curious, a photo of the lovely Ms. Dewey:
Image,[img]https://s30.postimg.org/xjd9dq9kx/sonja-dewey.jpg[/img]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

She's okay, I suppose...
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The book describes her as ravishing. Though maybe you have to be into brunettes. :lol:
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Just wanting to say I'm really enjoying the back and forth between everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all decide to do next. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm wondering if the story will go in the direction I think it might, or if we'll get an unexpected surprise...

I got the Need To Know condensed rule book recently to have a look at Last Things Last. I preferred your take on it - I thought the descriptions of the cult linked to Jolly Old Saint Yig were good and gave it a much better background.The scenario was a bit sketchy on that.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that! I've been tweaking the scenarios as we go.

I did enjoy Last Things Last, but I thought the scenario as written made things too clear cut. Most players will probably expect Marlene to be some sort of monster posing as the wife, and that's indeed what she is. I think it is more effective to have her still be the person she was while alive, but now she's both A. Unable to pass as anything other than a monster in public and B. cursed with a desire for the flesh and blood of the living. It creates an interesting moral dilemma if instead she's an innocent who may or may not be a danger to others, if not today than that day down the line when she loses control.

The Yig stuff I admit I kind of made up off the top of my head, and tying Thomas in with the Pastor from The Haunting was a last minute inspiration. Kind of proud of it though. And there's always a chance it could pop up later...

Also been reading your Edge of Darkness thread and really enjoyed that. I was on the edge of my seat during the ritual. :o
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks SP. The monster might be vanquished in EoD but the players will be in a lot of trouble unless they're careful.

Yes, you made Marlene much more interesting than just an out and out monster. I suspect that our players though will become less influenced by moral qualms as time goes by.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The part where the zombies showed up reminded me of Evil Dead, so I had to make a reference to Army of Darkness when I botched the chant. I may not have said every little syllable, but, yeah, basically, I said the words.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I didn't get that reference! I was reminded of Night of the Living Dead. But these zombies wouldn't have eaten you, just slapped you around a little bit.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Waiting on seeing what Edmund does, but so you guys want to ask Principal Harolds for a staff list? That can be easily arranged.

Also, did Vanessa want to call DG and give them a status update and see if they can tell her anything about what they may be up against? She could also do this later, there's no time rush. That you guys know of. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, a staff list would be nice. Nik can call DG, unless it's Vanessa's responsibility. I'll be around as it's only 5pm here; Mr. H is probably tucked in for the night.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I'm getting the feeling Nik does not much care for Thornton. :lol:
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I think Nik will end up exposing Thornton anyway.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Well, Delta Green did ask you guys to find a good cover story/patsy for the killings if the true culprit could not be revealed. ;)

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”