OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

Sure, just take it in whatever direction you think is necessary. I can do the other character thing. Nik has nothing to add to the cadillac scene. Let's hope it turns out for the best. Or not.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd be okay with it too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Had a huge post written.

Forum logged me out.

I think I crit failed the san roll in response. :(
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Oh no! I found out it's better to write in word and cut and paste - same problem.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

So ends The Last Equation. It's a pretty fun scenario. I was a bit hesitant to run it due to how open ended it was, but it seemed to go well. I hope you guys enjoyed.

You guys did a pretty good job of containing the virus. The only major missteps you made were not dealing with Sarah Comox before she became infected, and not getting the site down the first night. When you failed that, I made a roll to see how many of the remaining list members were infected, and 4 were. One of them happened to be Tia. The others were dealt with by DG agents before they could kill anyone. OOC, the rest of the list was dealt with as well. DG did not take the time to determine who was infected and who was not. As for the Tumlinsons... well that would be telling! :D But your editing of the numbers meant the unnatural connection soon died out.

As for OUTLOOK, that stuff is all in one of the old DG books, but they actually had nothing to do with the scenario here as written. In the text, Wei happens across the Laqueus Equation and becomes the first person to solve it. Elated, he spreads his discovery to the group before quickly succumbing to it. While that was okay, I worried that the scenario would be over too soon if I did not add an additional hook to the scenario. Plus I really do enjoy the Majestic lore, and enjoyed showing off why a non cultist villain would seek to use the unnatural. Yrjo was incredibly fun to write.

The simulations you experienced were also lifted from the section on OUTLOOK. My only real complaint with DG is that the setting has an amazing amount of lore, but as written there's no real way your characters can encounter much of it. (OUTLOOK for example is a heavily guarded facility that even the most skilled and armored pc group would have trouble infiltrating.) So I'm looking for avenues to introduce as much of it as I can. As for dealing with OUTLOOK, if you guys really found this part of the scenario captivating and want to try and get revenge, I'll see if I can engineer an encounter in the future. But you guys should know that it would be no easy task, and I would probably have to shift those parts of the game to a more tactical setting, where you'd have a squad of pc's or npc's, as opposed to just the two of you. I'd not be opposed and it could make for a fun challenge, but just letting you know.

Anyway, hope you both enjoyed. For san rewards:

1d4 for stopping the Equation.

1d3 for editing the documents to obscure the unnatural aspect of the crime.

And 1 for both agents for holding firm and refusing to believe any of the OUTLOOK programing.

For the next scenario, while I admit I really enjoy the conspiratorial tilt of the game, I think the next one will be a more traditional COC scenario. It's well regarded but also fairly deadly, so I am hoping that third player I invited joins us!

Feel free to offer any comments or questions about the scenario. And do let me know if you enjoyed the Majestic content, or would prefer more straightforward stuff. Thanks for sticking with me. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

For stopping the Equation: SAN gain: 1d4 4

For editing the documents: SAN gain: 1d3 2

Thanks for an enjoyable game, SP. I enjoyed the OUTLOOK addition and felt that it gave the game depth. If it had only started with Wei, I can't see it going that far - just hunting down the infected. By all means, introduce more Majestic antagonists; that part of the game is good fun. I'll have to read up on OUTLOOK again sometime, I've forgotten most of it.

Looking forward to the next one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks. I enjoyed the scenario, including the OUTLOOK part.

Sanity gain:
[dice]0[/dice]+[dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thanks guys. I'll start the new scenario in the next few days. It's for modern times, so I need to change some dates to make it all fit. So if you see something that does not make sense timeline wise in the scenario, it's likely my fault. ;p Also going to try to find us a 3rd player.

You get two more downtime actions, described here. https://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/vi ... 399&t=5891 I'm curious to see what Vanessa in particular decides to do. Her bonds really took a beating in this scenario. Will she try to repair them or focus on trying to boost a skill, or restore some of her depleted sanity?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik gets interested in cooking. He tries various dishes – pot roasts, casseroles, stir fries, tempura etc. But his efforts generally fail. Eventually, Debbie asks him to stop, for the sake of her palate.

DEX 12x5=60: dex: 1d100 17

Curious about the man, Nik asks McRay out for a drink, hoping to learn more about him and his motivations.

Charisma x 5 = 30: Charisma: 1d100 80

They don't gel.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Poor Nik! He is not having a good time. Also, remember to reduce one bond by 1d4 since you did not take the opportunity to fulfill responsibilites.

Shame about the attempt to bond with McRay. You get him drunk and he could tell you some interesting stories. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I forgot that Nik's charisma is sadly reduced since he has become cold-blooded.

Bond reduction: Bond reduction: 1d4 3

Brooding over recent events, and humiliated by the experiments performed on him by Yrjo, Nik becomes easily irritated and begins to distance himself from Debbie, becoming less attentive to her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa will definitely be repairing her Bonds. After her ordeal, she wants to spend more time with those she loves.

Action 1: Fulfill Responsibilities with Lucas.
Sanity roll (current level 66):
[dice]0[/dice]
Bond increase:
[dice]1[/dice]
Action 2: Fulfill Responsibilities with Rex.
Sanity roll (current level 66):
[dice]2[/dice]
Bond increase:
[dice]3[/dice]
Both Bonds have been restored to the new maximum of 7.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Just a quick update, I've gotten inquiries from two new potential players, so I'm waiting to see what characters they make before continuing. Thanks for your patience guys.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Seems like we are nearly done with character creation for the new players, so I will hopefully put up the new scenario later today.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Mr. Handy and HoneyDog, also just occurred to me I've been neglecting your Unnatural Skills. You've both seen enough, I'll say roll for Unnatural gain, 1d10(or take 5 if you prefer) Remember your unnatural knocks off the max san you can achieve, but at this point I'm not worried either of you will get that high up again. :twisted:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unnatural gain (current level 1%):
[dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Post by Borderline »

Hey sorry maybe Im spaxing on where to look but do we have a credit rating or a budget for our mission? Thought I saw something about it but cant find it now.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

In the corebook there are are all sorts of rules for operational budgets, but I've decided not to use most of them because I fear they'll slow the game down. Had you guys opted to pay the storage manager though, I was going to make the one of you with the least luck roll to see if you could afford to pay him without going into debt( and damaging your bonds) I'll continue to expierment with the system when issues of money and purchases come up.

You've not been given any special money for this situation, except the FBI covering your hotel bills. If you decide later on to buy something, I'll give it a cost category and have you roll for if you can afford it or not.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Ok cause I was considering giving Vanessa the money to pay the bill now in exchange for the owner putting us in contact with the worker who wouldve seen the comings and goings the most but now that I type it out I doubt hed know much lol.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Lwunder did you read back through wjats happened so far? We can help you out here if you have questions or feel lost just ask.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”