OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

This is the Night Floors scenario, isn't it?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Sorry, I somehow missed your last post HoneyDog. But yes, you guessed correctly. Mind I was able to tie it into Nik's background, so was pretty happy about that. McRay tried to warn you guys. ;)

Anyway, going to miss Nik, but I sadly don't believe he'll be coming back from this death. Are you planning to make a new character? I only had one more scenario planned after this, though I have a few plot ideas outside of that.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Sorry for the dramatic exit, but Nik was fatally compromised, and wracked with guilt for his part in creating the situation at the MacAllister. With a clearer mind he might have plotted a more elaborate scheme for vengeance, but the icing on the cake was now being under the thrall of The King in Yellow in addition to being Alzis' bitch. Maybe there weren't any other options.

I think you were planning to do The New Age, SP? I will get to work on a new character when I get a moment.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I had a feeling that Nik had been corrupted by the King in Yellow. I'll miss him, but I can see why he did it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

HoneyDog wrote:Sorry for the dramatic exit, but Nik was fatally compromised, and wracked with guilt for his part in creating the situation at the MacAllister. With a clearer mind he might have plotted a more elaborate scheme for vengeance, but the icing on the cake was now being under the thrall of The King in Yellow in addition to being Alzis' bitch. Maybe there weren't any other options.

I think you were planning to do The New Age, SP? I will get to work on a new character when I get a moment.
No worries HoneyDog-- your, character your exit. I too see why he did it. The King In Yellow handicap could have proven pretty significant going forward. And yes, Alzis' next favor was not likely to have been very pleasant either. Though he's someone who always collects.

I forgot about New Age-- I actually had another one planned, so I have at least two. Glad you'll be making a new character and rejoining us. :) This scenario is just about done, just need to detail the aftermath.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It seems Nik's actions have created quite a conundrum. My apologies!

I want to take on this Azis character more. He's too powerful, he needs to be taken down a notch.

As long as you're not planning on resurrecting Nik, I'll make the new character, and try to go for a different vibe.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Yes, Alzis is very much one of the setting's power players. I try not to use him too much, just because he can utterly screw the pc's over and there's not much they can do about it. My game philosophy is that if I introduce something into the game it can be defeated, however. It may not be a permanent defeat, but I feel the pc's should have a chance at a win. Mind that may be a 1% chance depending on their foe, but I want to always give them a way to achieve it.

As for Alzis himself, his potential vulnerability is a plothook I still have in my back pocket that I'm hoping to hint at very soon. Of course, if the agents decide to explore it they're exposing themselves to great danger-- but nothing is ever easy.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Vanessa can pot any thought she has about this if she likes. I'll be working on one final post a little later that I'm very much looking forward to. ;)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Had Nik agreed to come back he would have been arrested for her murder, so Alzis had to get creative. Sorry HoneyDog, but Alzis was interested in sending a message to the other DG agents that crossing him is unwise. I thought awhile about how I'd resolve this subplot, and this seemed like the best way to go about it. I hope it proved haunting to all of you but not entirely unfair. Had Nik stayed alive and willing Alzis would have had him kill someone, but I picked Deborah specifically due to recent events.

Vanessa is very fortunate she's hardened to both violence or helplessness, or chances are good she'd have picked up another insanity here.

We'll have a few more posts in the next day or so to finish up the resolution of all of this, let Vanessa run her home scenes, and then we can move on to the next scenario and introduce HoneyDog's new character.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

What a grim finale! I'm lost for words.

My new character is going to hate everyone and be hell to work with - this is my revenge.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sounds good. Though Nik was already fairly bitter their towards the end, so I'm a bit worried this new character is going to be a full on nihilist. :P Looking forward to it.

The next scenario will actually start in San Francisco, so your new character does not have to work out of New York or even have met Vanessa or Jose before the events of the next opera.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The new character will be based out of Quantico. Sorry, my hands are full right now, but I'll make up the character as soon as I can.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

No worries HoneyDog, it will probably be a few days at least before I'm ready to start the next scenario, so take as much time as you need.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sanity gain:
[dice]0[/dice]
Downtime activities:
1) Fulfill Responsibilities with Rex:
Sanity roll (current level 59):
[dice]1[/dice]
Bond improves by:
[dice]2[/dice]
2) Improve a skill or stat (CHA):
CHA x 5 roll (40% stat):
[dice]3[/dice]
CHA increases by 1.

Vanessa spends a lot of time with Rex, making sure he doesn't feel neglected due to the addition of the new dog, whom she has named Snoopy. She integrates Snoopy into the household as well, helping the two dogs to become friends. She also immerses herself once more in her social life, hoping to recapture the part of herself that she lost long before she became a murderer, as she makes preparations for her wedding and honeymoon.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I sometimes get the impression Vanessa prefers Rex to Malcolm. :D Mind it would make sense.

Also HoneyDog, it's perfectly alright if you play another FBI agent, but don't feel limited to just play one. If there's another concept you'd like to play Delta Green takes in personal from a variety of fields.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Actually, I just try to shore up my weakest bond each time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Question guys - I'm making the new character, and I've forgotten some stuff.

I add the scores to the professional skills, but do I take into account the existing base score? e.g. If Bureaucracy has a basic of 10 and I give it 50, it brings it up to a total of 60? But no score should be above 80 right?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

That is correct.

Also HD-- your agent will already be a member of Delta Green, so feel free to tie him into any of the groups Nik and Vanessa have encountered previously if you like.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay, I posted the character, please tell me what you think.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

He's quite good, think he'll be a great addition to the group. :D Do you have any thoughts as to what brought him to DG attention? No need to, but I'm happy to help you flesh that out if you'd like.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”