OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

That was pretty dramatic, with them flying off to the heavens! It's better than us just killing Thomas.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Okay, let's start with the usual reminders. First, take note of any skill you failed to use and increase it by one. Second, start to decide your actions for downtime, detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=399&t=5891

San rewards: Well though the mission ended a bit messily, you guys did stop the main threat. Give yourselves a 1d6.

Now onto thoughts:

This scenario was a lot of fun to run, though I also found it difficult at times. It was much more of a sandbox, and you guys did go off on avenues I was not expecting more than once! I hope I did a good job of responding of those situations. I also enjoyed tossing out some red herrings such as the teacher Lauren was having an affair with and her aggressive boyfriend, and hopefully it took some sleuthing to figure out Thomas was responsible. Well, kind of. The truth is, Thomas had no idea he was responsible for the murders. But by wearing the necklace he forged a bond with the Ai-apa, and whenever he felt pain the creature acted to destroy the source of it. Dr. Mareti caused Thomas a bit of discomfort during the dental visit, and though he forgot it within half an hour, the Ai-Apa didn't. Vanassa Hatvan gave him detention, wherein he was tormented by Chad Jordan and a few other students. Lauren Harrogate publicly turned him down when he asked her out, and Chad bullied him. The true tragedy was that he never had a clue he was behind all of this, and would have felt horrible had he known(well, maybe not about Chad.) I was expecting the scenario to end with a classic moral dilemma as to wherever you would take out the relative innocent or try to kill the creature, but you all pretty much suspected him of being involved. The other group I ran this for thought the same, though it ended more happily for Thomas there. I am sort of proud of his ending fate, i came up with that on the fly.

Overall enjoyed running it though and hoped you all enjoyed playing. If you have any final thoughts or comments feel free to share, and thanks for sticking with me. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sanity gain:
[dice]0[/dice]
Thank you, I did enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

That was a great roll for Sanity rewards! I'm now about halfway back to normal. For my downtime actions, I'm thinking of creating a new Bond and then fulfilling my responsibilities (with that new Bond, if I'm successful in establishing it). Vanessa needs a boyfriend, and it ties into her motivations. This will also allow me to have a stronger starting Bond if I do it now than after the next scenario, as I expect I'll become hardened to violence in that one, which will drop my Charisma. Only one more loss without hitting the Breaking Point will do it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I will add to the character bio later, but Nik has checks for Bureaucracy, HUMINT, Persuade and Computer Science.

If we had found that Thomas was an unwitting antagonist, I'm sure that would have changed some things. Nik would have been more willing to finding a solution to destroying the necklace. I just assumed that Thomas was acting intentionally in these murders. Goes to show that I should keep a more open mind and not jump to conclusions!

I'm looking forward to starting the next one. Hopefully Cearlan will return at some point.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Charisma x 5 roll (65% stat) to Establish a New Bond:
[dice]0[/dice]
Bond established with Malcolm Devane, boyfriend, age 30 (7)

Sanity roll (current level 68) to Fulfill Responsibilites with Malcolm Devane:
[dice]1[/dice]
Bond with Malcolm Devane reduced:
[dice]2[/dice]
Vanessa meets Malcolm Devane, an Assistant District Attorney in Phoenix, and she begins a whirlwind romance with him. However, she feels guilty about concealing what she really does from him, and this is an invisible obstacle to their nascent relationship.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

After the violence of the last case Nik feels himself becoming distanced from his girlfriend. He needs to fulfill his responsibilities, so he makes an effort to make time for her and pay her the attention she needs, especially in terms of supporting her in her busy job as a legal clerk.

SAN 68: SAN: 1d100 17

Bond Improvement: Bond improvement: 1d6 2

Debbie is receptive and things seem okay, for now at least.

Nik also tries to concentrate on his physical health, and changes his diet accordingly. But his heart isn't in it - what the hell is kale anyway?

CONx5 65: CON increase: 1d100 49
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Seeing as Cearlan has not logged in for awhile, I'm trying to find someone to play Rue until he gets back. I'd feel better with 3 players than 2, given the lethality of the setting. Even if I don't find anyone though it's not as big a deal as it normally would be, as the next scenario actually has several friendly NPC's around, who can be easily inserted into the action or make a replacement character, so you'll all have some help regardless.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

How about introducing a new player, while NPCing Rue until Cearlan returns? The team will be back to four, which is a nice balance.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

That's another option and might be what i end up going with. I've pm'd Kabukiman and am awaiting his response. If he's not interested, I'll open the field wider up. With a new DG game starting I'm sure I could find another player.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I was thinking of my response to the scenario and my automatic assumption that Thomas was complicit in the murders, without considering anything else. That’s a lesson for me! Thank you for making me think more deeply about it.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I was a bit surprised by it, but you're not the only one. People tend to jump to Thomas being the killer. I think perhaps because it's set up like a whodunit, and once players figure that out they kind of assume he's guilty. Plus I think it seems more likely based on the setting that Dengler read a book or fell under a cult and is now lashing out at people he dislikes. If it helps, Nik likely won't ever feel any guilt for the kid. :D

Kabukiman seems like he's going to join, so once his character's ready we'll start the next scenario. :D
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Not heard back from Kabukiman, but I assume he's making his character. I'll probably get us started today or tomorrow,and he can come in whenever. The nice thing about DG is new characters seem pretty trivial to introduce, as the group sending reinforcements.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Did a quick character creation for Eric Taylor, so going forward he's more or less an NPC ally, or a Friendly as DG would call him. Id either of your characters meet a grizzly end he's ready for a pc. Alternatively, if everyone survives and we decide to continue I'll try to recruit someone to play him going forward( assuming he still wants in on this whole thing after the rest of this scenario plays out.)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Since Colm has become such a major character, I decided to find a pic for him. This one sums him up pretty perfectly:
pic,[img]https://s26.postimg.org/5jxbdw1nd/htecthqp8rfz.jpg[/img]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Do aliens celebrate Festivus?

Nik will go to help Taylor but first wants to put the downed man back down, perhaps giving him smack across the head with his pistol. Should and what should I roll for that?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

You're all presently airing of the grievances. ;)

I'll say that sounds like stunning. To stun the man, try an unarmed combat roll( even though you have a pistol drawn it seems closest). However since you are specifically trying to stun, you'll take a -20 penalty as you try and line up the perfect hit to incapacitate him. Success does 1d4 damage and puts him down for at least a round. (until he makes a Con roll to rise)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

since Nik at least is planning to shoot his opponent, It might be a good idea to look over the combat rules and see if any of the maneuvers described catch your interest.

viewtopic.php?f=399&t=5891#p189808
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Fun fact: The Taxi Driver failed his drive roll by 1. My villains have not rolled the best in this confrontation.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Colm has gone? Can Nik go after the burnt man?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Yep. Colm made it to his car the second round and made a drive roll the third. Taylor was unfortunately preoccupied and not in a position to stop him.

He certainly can. He's right outside; Nik can both reach him and act this turn.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”