OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by Mr. Handy »

I marked my skill failures as they occurred. I gain a point each in HUMINT, Medicine, and Search.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Now we enter the Downtime segment of the game. This represents the time in between Delta Green missions. Players should take the opportunity to roleplay out any changes that have occurred, such as bonds weakening or explaining injuries gained during the operation to loved ones.

Unless otherwise noted, Agents can pick two from the following pursuits. The same pursuit can be picked twice.
Spoiled for length,[i]Fulfill Responsibilities[/i] If your Agent focuses on day-to-day obligations and relationships, describe something the Agent is doing at work or at home to support one Bond. Roll a SAN test. Success improves the Bond by 1D6 (up to your Agent’s CHA); a critical success also adds 1 SAN (up to your POW×5). A fumble means some disastrous conflict—probably related to your Agent’s involvement with Delta Green—reduces the Bond by 1D4 and your SAN by 1.Describe how the relationship has improved because of your Agent’s efforts or worsened despite them. (This is the default pursuit. If it's not successfully performed by an agent as one of the two pursuits, every other action undertaken leads to a bond being reduced by one.) [i] Back to Nature[/i] Your Agent can spend time in seclusion, minimizing stress, distractions, and obligations. This isn’t a vacation with the family; it’s extended time alone, or mostly alone, in an environment that’s physically active but places few other demands on the Agent. Roll a SAN test. Success adds 1D4 SAN, or 4 for a critical (up to your Agent’s POW×5). A fumble costs 1D4 SAN. [i]Establish a New Bond[/i] Your Agent attempts to create a new Bond with a character or group. This is not done lightly. It means this new character or group is developing into an essential, important part of your Agent’s life. Attempt a CHA×5 test. Success establishes a new Bond with a score equal to half your Agent’s CHA (round up). [i]Go to Therapy[/i] Therapy is a systematic deconstruction of mental trauma. It is an ongoing process requiring honesty and commitment. Your Agent must decide whether to truthfully tell the therapist what caused the SAN loss. If your Agent tells the truth, there are risks. If the SAN loss came from confronting the unnatural, the therapist attempts to treat your Agent for schizophrenia. Or if the therapist believes your Agent, he or she may lose SAN from the Agent’s stories. If your Agent described unnatural events and the therapist thinks they’re delusions, the roll is at a −20% penalty. If it fumbles, your Agent loses 1 SAN. If it succeeds, your Agent regains 1D6 SAN (or 6 with a critical success), up to his or her POW×5. If your Agent shares tales of terrible, illegal violence and it sounds like further violence is imminent, the therapist may report it to the authorities. Whether that happens is entirely up to the Handler. If your Agent doesn’t tell the therapist the truth, healing is limited. Make a Luck Roll. If it fumbles, your Agent loses 1 SAN. If it succeeds, your Agent regains 1D4 SAN (or 4 for a critical success), up to his or her POW×5. If your Agent suffers from a disorder, a critical success with the therapy’s Luck roll cures it (whether your Agent told the truth or not). Your Agent also develops a Bond with the therapist equal to half your Agent’s CHA (or add 1D4 to it if your Agent already has that Bond), and loses 1D4 from one other Bond of your choice. Write a note saying “cured” next to the disorder on the character sheet—but do not erase it. The next time you gain a disorder, you must roll another SAN test. If that fails, the “cured” disorder returns in full force alongside the new one. The Handler may substitute the therapist’s Psychotherapy skill for the therapy’s Luck Roll. [i]Improve a Skill or Stat[/i] By training or studying extensively, your Agent can try to boost a stat or a skill. Describe what your Agent is doing to improve the stat or skill: taking night classes for INT or a skill, lifting weights for STR, meditating to strengthen self-discipline for POW, socializing or taking leadership courses for CHA, going to physical therapy to regain stat points permanently lost from an injury, etc. Attempt a test of the stat × 5 or the skill. If the test fails, your Agent has improved. Add 1D10 percentage points to the skill (to a maximum of 99%) or one point to the stat (to a maximum of 18). [i]Personal Motivation[/i] Your Agent indulges in the things that he or she finds meaningful. Roll a SAN test. Success adds 1 SAN, or 1D4 for a critical (up to your Agent’s POW×5). A fumble costs 1 SAN. [i]Stay On the Case[/i] Your Agent can spend nights and weekends poring over an old operation’s evidence and case files. The Handler secretly rolls Criminology or Occult for your Agent. Success means you uncover some pertinent clue of the Handler’s devising, an especially valuable one with a critical. Failure means you find nothing. A fumble means you think you find a valuable clue but it will turn out to be dangerously wrong. Either way, your Agent gains 1D6–3 SAN in coming to terms with what happened—or in obsessing over it self-destructively if the roll means a loss of SAN.
I'm fine with roleplaying these moments out and playing family and friends If you guys want to spend a little more time in the downtime segments. I'm equally fine with you all just writing a paragraph or two detailing your pursuits and how they turn out. Do whatever you prefer. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Downtime activities:
1) Fulfill Responsibilities: Vanessa spends more time with Rex, taking him on walks and playing fetch with him.
2) Improve a Skill: Vanessa takes a tactical training course at Quantico to improve her Stealth skill.
OOC,Sanity test (current level 75): [dice]0[/dice] No gain (already at maximum) Stealth XP check: [dice]1[/dice] No improvement (Stealth roll succeeded)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik goes to the gym regularly to beef up:

Strength 13 x 5 = 65 Strength: 1d100 52

No improvement

He also spends more time away 'training' - hiking alone or sometimes with his girlfriend in the desert, which he is developing a feel for. It makes him feel rested and at ease, clearing his mind and helping him to minimise the horrors of the episode with the Traveller.

SAN: 1d100 4 Success!

SAN: 1d4 4 gains 4 points SAN
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nice! Do keep in mind though that since Nik did not chose to fulfill responsibilities as one of his actions he needs to reduce one of his bonds by one.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay, he breaks up with his girlfriend due to her dissatisfaction with his frequent absences because of work.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Oh, he only reduces the bond rating by 1 point. So all bonds start at your CHA rating, in Nik's case 11. He reduced his dad's during the mission, down to 10. So now he reduces his girlfriend's bond to 10 as well. Bonds are not broken until they reach 0. Nik's GF is probably a bit miffed at him ignoring her at the moment, but they're still together or at least an important part of each others life.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing. If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Right;

1 point advances in Forensics (31%); Search (71%); HUMINT (61%) and Medicine (21%)

Fulfill Responsibilities
SAN 70%
[dice]0[/dice]
Edmund, having spent time in the mountains to get his head around events, (see below), comes back with a slightly different outlook on life and this is represented in a closer bond between himself and his friend Martin Watson who he has become increasingly more and more protective of. (However - as he's already on his max, it has no real effect - numerically)

Back to Nature
SAN 70%
[dice]1[/dice]
Edmund heads out to the Blue Ridge Mountains whenever possible to try and get his head around recent events which he just about manages to do (however - as he's already on his max, it has no real effect - numerically)
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Understood SP! They're still an item then, but he might have to pay her more attention.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Players can chose some equipment going forward. It's assumed all characters have a medium pistol (1d10, 15 shots) But they can also take other weapons out into the field. If they feel the situation warrants, PC's can make requests for bigger weaponry or equipment. So if you guys suspect you're going to be raiding a cultist compound, feel free to request weapons and gear. As long as you can justify it( a bureaucracy roll helps, but I'll also allow it for good roleplay) you might get more assistance, either from the FBI or Delta Green. Remember that if you're in the field and the situation escalates.

The team is always assumed to have extra ammo and a spare shotgun (2d6, 5 shots) in their car. In addition, each team member gets kevler vests and a helmet. The vest protects against 3 points of damage. The helmet 1.

Anyway, next scenario should be starting sometime in the next 24 hours. Hope you all enjoy. :)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Enjoyed the last one so here's hoping the standard is maintained ;-)
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

So for anyone who has played this scenario, I've made some changes that will hopefully keep it fresh.

Out of curiosity though, could any of you who have played Delta Green before list the scenario you played in/ have read through? I'd like to know which ones I'd need to avoid or edit to maximize your enjoyment. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I haven't played any SP, so don't worry about me.

By the way Mr. Handy, did they say anything at the convention about when the Case Officer's Handbook for DG will be released?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No, I don't think they said anything. There was a Kickstarter update on that project today, but they didn't say anything about the release date either.
Silver Priest wrote:So for anyone who has played this scenario, I've made some changes that will hopefully keep it fresh.

Out of curiosity though, could any of you who have played Delta Green before list the scenario you played in/ have read through? I'd like to know which ones I'd need to avoid or edit to maximize your enjoyment. ;)
I'm playing Kali Ghati right now (also on this site). I'm also in the Cell P game on this site, but I think those adventures are homebrewed. Other than that, the only other DG scenario I've played is PX Poker Night, and I haven't read any of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

IIRC one of the updates said the pdf version is almost done and should be expected by the end of April, with the print version a few months after. The pages released certainly whetted my appetite for it.

I've been following the Kali game, it's quite a fun scenario. I doubt I'll ever run it since it's set pretty firmly in modern DG. And PX Poker Night works better as an introduction setting, so we probably won't see that either. I considered it for this game, but thought Puppet Shows would set up the campaign better.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Have you thought about any of the other scenarios from the original book?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

It really depends on how far we get and if you guys express continued interest. I expect I'll run at least Convergence at one point. Next will probably be A Victim of The Art.

If you want a scenario to check out that we likely won't run, try Night Floors. It was fun, but when I ran it for my other pbp group they seemed to dislike it, so I doubt I'll be pulling it out here.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Anything is good! Even Night Floors. It might work out better the second time you try.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Personally, I've only dived into The Dreaming Man over at Delta Green dot com. And the thing called Emerald Hammer. Both are unpublished. I ran a short try with Moosehead Lake, a Twin Peaks DG. Also, the L.A.Skinner scenario in the Hall of Fame section, is influenced by Delta Green.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

I played a couple of the scenarios from the Black Seal a long time ago, and another scenario that kinda fizzled out (tabletop). I also ran Cold Dead Hand from Unspeakable Oath which also crashed and burned - which was a pity as I was enjoying that one. (Cold Dead Hand isn't a DG scenario per se but is modern mythos)
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”