OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm terrible at that. I will surmise - he had a run in with a ghoul nest on assignment in Nashville, but didn't blink and got on with his job.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

I'll try to have the next scenario up sometime in the next two weeks. Taking a little break at the moment.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That's fine. I've been snowed under with work stuff again lately.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Just for ease of access, listing the items Andre would like here and their expense category, so you can pick or chose which you want. Reminder for all of you that you can pick up as many incidental or standard items as you like, two items of unusual expense, and two items of major expense for the entire group. Feel free to discuss it as a group. :)

Andre: Advanced Binoculars(Standard Expense) Night Vision goggles (Standard or Major) Telephoto Camera( Unusual) Lockpicks (Incidential) Flashbangs (incidential) Body Armor ( Standard or Unusual) Respirators( Standard) SMG (Unusual) Suppressor(Standard) Rifle (Unusual or Major) Scope( Standard or Unusual).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'll take a Heavy Rifle (Unusual), Reinforced Kevlar Vest (Unusual), Fiber Optic Scope(Standard), Directional Microphone and Acoustic Software (Standard), Weapon Light (Incidental), Civilian Night Vision Goggles (Standard), Advanced Binoculars (Standard), Personal Protective Equipment (Incidental), First Responder Medical Kit (Standard), Telescopic Sight (Standard). I also wanted a Stun Baton, but that page is no longer showing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Final list for Andre:

Standard: Advanced Binoculars, Night Vision goggles, Lockpicks, Flashbangs, Body Armor, Respirators (for everyone)

Unusual: Telephoto Camera, and a suppressed SMG like a H&K MP5s would be preferable.

Major: Sniper rifle (should come with a scope)

Is there any chance of tear gas?
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Looks good.

Andre: Tear Gas is listed as an incidental expense for grenades, so you can get a few. They require an athletics roll to throw, if they hit the target is at -40% to roll for an hour. Assuming the thing hit is susceptible to it, of course.

Suppressed smg seems fine. I don't see stats for a sniper rifle, but you can have one. Stats are the same, but it can hit up to 700 Meters.

Vanessa: Stun Baton's are listed as an incidental expense. It's a Dex*5 or Athletics roll. On a hit, it's a 20% penalty for 1d20 turns.

In addition to the other stuff, I think Jose will take a Light Rifle unless instructed to take something different. He's decently proficient with guns but wants something he can spray if needed.He'll also pick up some handcuffs for the party in case they need them.

Please keep note of your equipment, or just refer back to these posts. :D I hope to have the next IC post up in a few hours.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Will update a little later today, bit busy at the moment.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Given we're in a massive combat scene (I'm currently tracking 21 npc's. :cry:) Keep in mind in addition to standard attacks you have other options on your turn, listed Here.

Also if you have any questions, please let me know. This is my first time running such a massive scene, but hopefully I've made it fairly easy to follow what's going on.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It's great so far. Gosh, it's really kicked off! I wasn't expecting things to escalate so quickly.

Apologies for being bossy - I can't help it, whatever the character. Andre will have more orders to shout!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, you're doing great! I've had a lot of mass battles in Zombie Apocalypse, and I know it isn't easy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I may or may not be able to post the next few days. Traveling, and it depends on my internet access-- and also how inspired, I feel, of course. :P
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Are you still planning to run The New Age scenario SP? Or are you burnt out and in need of a rest? I'm wondering if I should make a new character, as Andre didn't last very long.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I appreciate the interest! I think after this one the game will go on hiatus again unfortunately, I need a bit of a break and this seems like a good place to stop, regardless of how Vanessa fairs. But I hope to pick it up again sometime in the future if you both still enjoy. I'm not sure I'll run The New Age next-- I have a few different ideas in mind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Well I'm always interested, so let us know your plans when you're ready.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'd be interested too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thanks guys, that really means a lot that you're still interested after all this time. :)

I'll have to read through The New Age-- it has been years. There's also Future Perfect, a mini campaign that could be quite nice. I also considered if I bring the game back doing a time skip; Delta Green was made into its own system a few years back, the rules of which we've been using, but it's also moved the timeframe from the 90's to now. We've run through most of the original scenarios. Modern day has some things I like, but it also wrapped up a lot of the storylines with Majestic and the Karotechia, and other antagonists your agents have encountered. Unfortunately scenarios were not really given on how to close these storylines out, and I'm not sure I'm creative enough to come up with anything. But I'll do some thinking on it, certainly. Even if your agents have died, I'm sure you as players would like to be part of bringing about the destruction of the Karotechia or downfall of Majestic.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

No, I enjoy these games very much.

I believe The New Age continues the events from Convergence so it might be a good way to round out the Majestic storyline.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You're welcome. I'm also enjoying the games.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Trying to detail the scenario here. Some of this will be mild spoilers, but I'll try to avoid anything too overt.

This was in fact Dead Letter. You guys figured most of it out. The Karotechia were paying for ABC to mass produce the reanimation formula. Thomas Iron Shirt and his friends robbery revealed to ABC what exactly they were producing however, and Ray Turner switched his plan from covering up the company's drug did not work to refining this miracle formula and conquering death itself. (I didn't realize until I ran this how convenient it is the would be robbers happened to stumble their way into the one facility producing the reanimation formula as opposed to the other illicit but entirely mundane substances. But I suppose otherwise there would be no scenario, so oh well.)

Dr. Crisp finds out and tries to mail the package to Fiona Lin-Wei, a classmate at Berkeley who he had a secret crush on. Unfortunately for him the package is discovered. bringing Delta Green in.

You guys could have done some more with Fiona. She was in the office when Andre went to visit, but she's suspicious of cops and didn't want to reveal herself. She knows little and would have demanded the package had she known of it. You could have snuck in or bribed someone to get the membership list for her group though, which would have revealed Dr. Crisp as the source a lot earlier. You both seemed to think Thomas was the culprit for a lot longer than I was expecting, but it was a fun thing to play out.

(Speaking of Thomas, he was the only one of his friends who retained their intelligence, though he was now unable to sleep and his san would have sunk lower and lower. His friends both were animalistic zombies, as were most of the animals. A creature injected with it had to make a POW*1 roll. If they succeed, they roll 1d100 to see what percentage of their INT they retain.)

You all did good scoping the plant out. This was a hard part of the scenario and one of the reasons I was reluctant to run it. I'm not really sure how the average cell of 3 players is supposed to get inside the plant, avoid or deal with the guards, take down Sapphire and eliminate those with knowledge of it, and get out. To be honest, I'm still not sure. Even with Lynne and Crisp's help it seems pretty impossible. The way you did it was not something I was fully expecting but I think it was one of the best ways you could have done it.

Of course, eventually the Karotechia arrive, and unless the players are very quick/ruthless they'll run into them. Galt suspects something is wrong given the last shipment was delayed, so he takes Deschiel into the incinerator and then eats his brain, which allows him to learn all of his memories. Through that he learned of your agents sniffing around, the coverup, and that Dr. Crisp had told people about what was going on. After conferring with his colleagues, he was given his orders-- kill everyone who knew about Sapphire, destroy the plant, and plug the leak. Galt suspected you were Delta Green and sent three of his men to take over the security center. Jose got very lucky with a critical roll, or I fear the game may have ended right there. Andre's brilliant plan to use a truck as a weapon also helped.

The guards being tipped off forced Galt to act fast. He ordered his men to destroy the data system while he went to lab 6. Then his menw ent into Sapphire, killed all the guards, and rigged the system to explode. They were going to then head to the environmental control to sabotage that and ensure the entire plant filled with Sapphire to leave a nasty surprise for anyone coming to the plant, but they were unable to-- Galt was bluffing, and only the Sapphire unit itself wa sin danger of being infected. Thankfully the other DG team with a little help from the remaining guards killed Galt's remaining men and safely disposed of Sapphire. With records of how to make more destroyed and everyone who knew how to make it either dead or captured, the threat was neutralized.

Galt escaped with Crisp, taking a car because he figured DG had called in to take down the helicopter. He drove a few miles, hijacked another vehicle, and fled back to Canada. There he consumed Crisp and learned who he sent the package to. Using the Karotechia's contacts, he found a local group in California who could deal with both Fiona and her friends, just to be safe. If the players are successful in protecting Crisp or very reactive they can realize he's planning this and rush back to Berkeley to stop him, but that did not seem like an option here.

As for Galt himself, he can be damaged, but he has a tremendous amount of armor as you've seen. I will say had attacks on him and Metrrex been switched you would have actually been able to injure him. But it's probably best you didn't, given he would have certainly hunted down and killed Vanessa and probably Jose then.

You may notice the last post I made in the game thread; though your agents may not know it, you did achieve a victory. Delta Green has an agent with the same ability as Galt to learn corpse's memories; one of his commandos was shipped to this agent and she learned exactly where the Karotechia is hiding out. They are not aware of this, perhaps making this entire operation a pyrrhic victory for them.

Had Vanessa been taken by him she would have been eaten, but Alzis still owed her a favor. If she accepted his offer to save her she'd have woken up at home, no longer a part of DG. She'd have suffered a 1d10 san loss for remembering being eaten, and then another one when she realized Jose had taken her place at Galt's table as a sacrifice. But after that she could have had a happyish ending, if she was able to.

And that's the scenario. Hope you both enjoyed. I need a break but might run a continuation in the future. I do feel like we've set up a good ending to the Karotechia arc, but I'm not sure I trust myself to design it, ha ha. But we'll see.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”