OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes, he might be useful in that regard. He has motive after all (for Lauren anyway). And if he should die in a hail of gunfire, well...

Oh, what happened to my liberal sensibilities? :shock: I've become a jackbooted thug. Curse you, Delta Green!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"I need to get into that house" he thinks. But there must be an alarm system.
Oh, there's an alarm system, all right... :twisted:
Spoiler:
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

'As the vile creature gleefully rips off Nik's limbs and stuffs them in it's gaping maw, his last thoughts are "When do we get to the opera?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Yikes, some unfortunate rolls. I think I'll give Cearlan a day or so to post and if need be will briefly puppet Edmund to keep us moving forward.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

So it is that Nik unleashes that most potent horror of all; the law.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Actually, Nik would insist on having a lawyer review any confidentiality agreements before they began the interview to delay things further.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Okay, give me a bureaucracy roll, and let's see how successful he makes his arguments. :)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I know you guys are probably pretty eager to keep going, but I do encourage you to weigh your options here. Without giving too much away, the choice made here might decide how the scenario turns out and the agents lives as well. Each has their pros and cons, so chose wisely.

If you are set on one path, feel free to roll idea, and If you pass I'll try and give you some advice on how to go about it.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I still think dropping Thomas down an abandoned mine shaft or something is best, but Vanessa is the the team leader and would make the final decision. Cearlan might have another opinion but of course he'll need to tell us.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I like the idea of anonymously tipping off Thomas about the ""NSA" listening device and break-in so that he'll send the monster after them tonight. Maybe we can use one of those devices that electronically distorts your voice for that extra X-Filesy effect, using an untraceable phone, of course.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Going to wait on Cearlan before I move forward in game.

Another option to consider could be tipping off the NSA instead of Thomas. You guys have done enough investigation to link him to all of the attacks, and these guys are enough in the know to clue into that fact. That would take care of Thomas and save you all from any risk( except perhaps if your story was bad and you tipped off the NSA that you're DG.) The one downside here is that DG might not want Thomas's necklace in the hands of the other group. If Vanessa wants to ask about this route when she calls MARCUS I'll address it.

Hope you're all enjoying this, by the way. We're nearing the climax I think and I'm looking forward to running it for you all. :D
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes this is a challenging adventure. Are you thinking of running another one after?

Let's hope Cearlan shows up soon, there are many ideas to consider. I wonder what his preferred choice will be?
Last edited by HoneyDog on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

If folks continue to be interested, I think I will. The one I have planned next is a scenario I quite enjoy. It was very difficult to find, I had to track down an old zine to get it. It's also one I created a second part for, so I'm eager to test it out.

I'll probably update us within the next day with Wu and MARCUS'S answers. Hopefully that will give you all some further direction.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, I'll ask MARCUS what he thinks about the idea when I call him. I'm definitely enjoying this and looking forward to more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

My computer just died on me, so I think I'm going to take a few days to get everything back into order once again. I hope to be back on Wednesday, and will endeavor to move us forward by then(provided you guys have come to a plan by then.)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As a side note, if you all remember your code names please post them here once again. I kept them in my notes for this game on my old computer, which I foolishly neglected to back up. :cry:
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik = Stanley
Vanessa = Sally
Rue = Scott
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thanks HoneyDog, much appreciated.

Also, you guys are bloodthirsty. Clearly you've all been playing CoC for too long. ;) I'm fine with you going down this route, but know that there will be serious consequences for attempting to kill at least five people on your guys psyche. On the other hand, if you get through this you're pretty much guaranteed to become numb to future violence related horrors.

A picture of the Lighthouse in question. Ignore the buildings around it, it stands alone and is a tiny bit taller, but not by much.
Pic,[img]https://s14.postimg.org/t7y4dha01/Lighthouse.jpg[/img]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It might be damaging but don't forget those people, the agents and Thomas, would happily kill us simply for being in the way. It's more a matter of survival.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I considered this ending for a bit. It felt a bit anti climatic to me, but your agents all suffered a great loss in stopping the threat . (Remember to add a notch to your violence checks to become desensatised to it.) and I did not want to put that on all of you and then make you fight the creature you were trying your damndest to avoid. ;) It's my first time really making my players roll for high san loss, so you guys got pretty lucky, all things considered.

We've just got a few posts of wrapup as to what you guys do next, and then I think the scenario will be done.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”