Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"No goddamit!"
snaps Nik. "He'll hear us for sure! Come on, help me force the window".

He grabs the frame. "Let's do it together! On three - one, two, three!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Standard helps forcing the window open.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Stanyard are easily able to get their window open, and can now climb into the bedroom.

Vanessa and Edmund struggle. Though the window should be easily openable,the damn thing seems stuck firmly in place. They'll either need to bash the window in or go in the same route as Nik and Stanyard.

The sound of more gunfire is heard. This time however, return fire is heard as well.

"What the helll?" The sheriff exclaims, but does not elaborate.
OOC:   For reference, it's been two rounds since combat started(Santana got a surprise round, and one round passed while you guys opened the window. You all can get inside and start down the hallway in round 3, and you should be able to get there and act by round 4.  
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Edmund points towards the window that Nik and Stanyard opened and heads in that direction.

He helps Vanessa through the opened window before climbing in himself.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods and rushes for the window through which the other team had entered and scrambles inside after them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stanyard is through the window and covers the four corners with the shotgun, waiting for Nik to enter.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik moves to the doorway, brandishing his shotgun, a Mossberg 500A. He stops, ready to move through. He sees that the other two have followed behind them, so that all four are now in the room.

He nods to Stanyard. "Cover me".
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The team makes their way through the window into the bedroom. It's a tight squeeze, but all make it with mild to moderate discomfort.
The bedroom itself is small and unused. No signs of recent human habitation can be found within the room. There are some signs of them in the past; a few pictures up on the walls, tasteful furnishings, a lamp sitting upon a desk. But at the moment the room appears unused.

The team makes it to the door. Opening it, they find themselves on the left hand side of a hallway. Across from them is another door, presumably to the other bedroom. Down the hallway opens into a wide open space that according to the map serves as the living room and entrance to the cabin. Santana cannot be seen yet, but more gunfire can be heard.
OOC:   I'm going to speed this up. I assume you all are planning to move towards the firefight.  
Cautiously, the team moves down the hallway. They are about half way down it when Santana emerges into their sight. The man seems to be fleeing, perhaps heading towards one of the bedrooms to make his escape. He pauses upon seeing the team.

Put simply, he's a wreck. The back of his head has been shot off, exposing his skull and his face is wrecked. The left side of his face is simply gone, as is most of that ear. His nose is likewise a mess, seeming to have been blasted off in the ensuring firefight. He's wearing an army shirt and khakis, both of which have been blasted full of bullets that have torn away at the fabric. He's covered in blood, and shouldn't be alive.

And yet, he is.

Seeing the group, what's left of his mouth forms into something approaching a feral smile. Throwing his pistol to the side, he pulls out a very sharp combat knife, and begins moving towards the group. The wounds he has inflicted prevent him from doing much more than limping, but his pace is methodical, even as he leaves a trail of blood behind him.
OOC:   Okay. First, everyone needs to make a san roll for unnatural, given there's no way this man should still be up. 1/1d6. Lose 5 or more and things might get interesting. This might be a case where bonds can come in handy.
That said, dex order:
Edmund,
Vanessa,
Nik,
Stanyard,
Santana

The hallway's cramped, so I'm going to say only two of you can attack right now. I assume this is the leaders of each team, but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide. You can retreat into the bedroom, where you all might have a little more space, especially to fire on him if he continues to advance. Or you can chance it in the hallway. He'll be eligible for point blank next round, and the advantage is one or two of you can effectively "block" him.

Santana will reach one of you this turn, but he won't get to attack until next round.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Nik rolled a strong SAN check, and he's happy to be out in front. He can shoot and cover the others if they want to back into the bedroom  
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stanyard stops in his tracks as he sees the shuffling zombiod from his dreams in the cabin.
TVblog

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Shaken Edmund calls out, "Fall back - we can all get a shot when he's in the doorway. Move it people!"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa stepped back into the bedroom, lobbing her flashbang in an arc towards Santana. However, she throws it too hard, and it sails past him and detonates behind him to no effect.
OOC,Athletics roll (50% skill) throwing the flashbang at [b]Santana[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Since I can throw the flashbang in an overhead arc, could two other people still shoot this round if they're in front of me?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   As Vanessa is chucking concussion grenades around I think we'll let her be in front ;). The other agents would probably be affected in this enclosed space.  
Nik's eyes grow wide at the sight of Santana, but nothing surprises him anymore. He wants to get this done.

"You wanna concuss him? Half his fucking head is gone! You don't think he's concussed enough already?" His head is ringing from the detonation, but he pushes to the front and takes aim at Santana's lower legs. He pulls the trigger of his Mossberg.
OOC:   Firearms 70%: Firearms: 1d100 24  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   To help me keep track, I'd like to clear a few things up.

Edmund and Vanessa are going back to the bedroom? I'm fine with ruling that Vanessa's grenade went way over Santana and exploded harmlessly behind him and the agents. A crit fail would have affected only the pc's, so you all dodged a bullet there.

Stanyard has lost 5 san. Does he want to project on a bond? If so, his loss will drop under 5 and he can act normally. If not, he'll be temporarily insane for several rounds. I'll explain more about that process if you chose to take the hit, but it will affect what actions he can take.

Edmund and Nik both passed their san rolls; I still need Vanessa's.

Nik's attacking Santana in the hallway. As such, he'll be the target of Santana's ire next turn. Congrats! Also feel free to roll damage for your attack.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Damage,Forgive me if this is incorrect, and should I leave the result of the damage up to you to call? I want to take out his legs. I read shotgun causes 4d6 damage at close range: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/485805]Shotgun damage[/url]: [u]4d6[/u] [b]17[/b] If it should be further away 2d6: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/485806]Shotgun damage - further[/url]: [u]2d6[/u] [b]9[/b]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa is disturbed by the sight of Santana, but she is able to keep her cool and focus on trying to stop him.
OOC,Sorry, I forgot to roll Sanity. Sanity roll (current level 73) for seeing [b]Santana[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Being the big brother he is, protector and a follow through, stand up man, he is shaken by the thing that once was Santana. Stanyard grabs the shotgun in a hockey stick gripe and advances at the shambling man. Getting close enough, he cross checks the wounded man, hoping to pin him to the wall of the corridor or to the ground. Doing so, he shouts, "Take out his knees!" He does his best not to look Santana in what's left of his face.
TVblog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I'm getting pretty confused now - didn't Nik just shoot Santana but now Stanyard has jumped on Santana? What's going on? :?  
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

My thought is that the shot did no real impact to stop Santana. So Stanyard uses brute force to pin him down. Just that.  
TVblog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Perhaps we should let Silver Priest decide on the what the damage was first. Santana has a big knife, after all.  

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”