Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Post by Cearlan »

"So if they were not NSA, sorry to keep on at this, but I wan to know what I might be about to sign up to, just what were those guys, other than your competitors? And what makes your side any better than theirs exactly? It seems to me that if you have information about these creatures then surely it should make getting rid of them a whole lot easier." Rue asks Ms Green after Nik agrees and Stanyard departs.

"And I agree that it was a shitty think to kill Colorados, and yet can see your point as well - it was a hard decision to take I guess, but that's the game we are in."
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

"They're a rival branch in government. Founded after us, and for different purposes."

She appears to be weighing something before she answers. "We don't negotiate with things like what was in Santana's chest. They do. We have, in the years since Innsmouth discovered other organized conspiracies against humanity. Our competitors have gotten in bed with them. Reached an understanding. They justify it to themselves in the name of national security, but we see it for what it is; selling the human race out. One of our main goals is to put a stop to this, and find enough evidence against these things to lead to the breakdown of this pact. I can't say anymore. But if you want us to sum up the biggest difference between us it's this. They want to work with these things. We want to destroy them."

"We make tough calls in this line of work, I won't deny it. But the chief goal of our organization is keeping man safe and in the dark about what's out there. The two are fundamentally linked
."

After Edmund gives his answer, Ms. Green nods. "I'm glad some of you were willing to sign up. In a few days you'll all receive emails with further instructions. Your country thanks you, even if it can't ever know of your service." She offers her hand to the agents.

"Welcome to Delta Green."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Of course Rue is going o sign up.  
"Well, if you pot it like that I guess that we don't really have a choice, unless we want to end up like Colorados, who after it all was a decent guy. What does that say about us then?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

January 27th, 1999

Rue, Vanessa, and Nik all find emails in their inboxes. Each are from different throwaway addresses than before.
Application
You've all been approved. Welcome to the agency.

We are divided into small teams of 3 to 5 individuals. Each "cell" is designed with a letter of the alphabet. The lead cell is A, but the rest are equal in rank and authority.

You have been designated as S-Cell. When on duty each of you will be addressed by a name beginning with this letter. SUSAN, STANLEY, STEVEN. Chose your own code names. Never share your real name with anyone outside your cell, even other agents purporting to be from DG.

Lastly, chose a leader for your cell. They will be responsible for reporting in and keeping in contact with higher ups within the organization. Discuss it amongst yourselves and come to a consensus, and inform us of it.
When we have need for your skills we'll be in touch. If you ever need to get into contact with us place an ad in the personal section of the Phoenix Times asking for Ms. Green.

Be Seeing you, Agents.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa meets with the others to discuss the email. "I'll choose the code name SALLY for myself," she says. "I was in charge of our last assignment, and I'm willing to lead the cell, but if either of you wants to lead, I have no objection."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“I’m Stanley. After Stanley Baxter. I like old movies” says Nik.

“Sure, you can run things Marchand. Just don’t be throwing grenades at my head”.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Rue puts his thoughts into the mix;

"Personally I've always been kinda partial to the name Scott after James Doohan's character in Star Trek series, and I support Vanes ... sorry, Sally's claim to the throne. You did good out there girl!"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”