Music From a Darkened Room

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

Post by HoneyDog »

“It's okay, Tony says Nik reassuringly. “It doesn’t need to go that far back. Any records on them will do. And sure, I’ll be happy to get you lunch. Say, does this town have a local paper?”

He scans his list of names. “The next name we really need to look into now” he says, with heavy emphasis, “is Ture.”
Bureaucracy,Bureaucracy 13: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/707847]Bureaucracy[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]2[/b] No bullshit!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa searches for information on Louis Tycroft next, one of the other names on Donnelley's list.
OOC,Bureaucracy roll (43% + 10 = 53% skill) researching [b]Louis Tycroft[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Neither Charley or Vanessa can find much on the names they look up, though they do find death certificates; both Braintree and Tycroft are deceased, both causes of death are listed as being suicide. Both death certificates are signed by the same coroner, Elmer Perkin.

"Oh yes, the Meadowbrooke Examiner. That's probably your best bet to find information about the Wheelers; I believe they have all their old editions available on Microfilm.

Nik finds several documents on the Tures. Apparently they were a family of transplants from Montreal, Quebec. Husband Adam, wife Rebecca, and their two children Elise and Anton. They moved into the Spooner house in 1960. Things seemed to have been more or less normal until 1962, when Rebecca was briefly hospitalized with mental exhaustion. She returned to the home and lived there another year. In 1963 she discovered her nine year old son Anton Ture drowned in the toilet of the master bedroom. Records indicate that soon after, Adam sold the house and left with his wife and daughter back to Montreal.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Drowned in the toilet?” Nik says, aghast. “How the fuck does that happen at that age? Man, that’s awful.”

He looks around at the piles of boxes, depressed.

“I think I’m about done for today. I can leave whenever you’re all ready. Tony, I’m buying you lunch tomorrow so we’ll stop by on your break.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you for all your help, Tony," adds Vanessa. "We'll see you tomorrow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Sure thing," says Tony. "Stop by around 1 or so in the afternoon and I should have something for you."
ooc,Ready to call it a night? If so it passes uneventfully. What plans do you guys have in the morning? You have two friendlies to contact if you like. You could also look for the realtor or try and find contact information for some of the family members of the deceased. Or you could visit the house itself. You have several options here,a few I've not even listed, so give some thought to your next move. Though do let me know if it's too overwhelming as well.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"We need to talk about what we have so far" Nik tells the others once they have left. "Let's find somewhere quiet."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Two rooms have been registered for the team at a local hotel. There's also any number of cafes and the like.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's go to the hotel," says Vanessa. "We can plan what we'll do tomorrow morning. One thing's for sure, we don't want to go to the house until we're good and ready, and that means exhausting all of our other leads first."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Borderline »

"Agreed" At the hotel I draw the shades and peer out the window for a moment. "It seems to me the surviving Ture family members and Coroner Perkins are our best bet for direct witnesses to the goings on. What do you two think though? You saw into the beggining s of this madness. We might very well have to trace it back to it's start."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik takes a slice of take-out pizza as he reviews his notes.

“We don’t want to set foot in that house at all” he says to Vanessa, firmly. “The place is a goddam deathtrap. If we look back through all of those names, I bet you we’ll find that every one of them supposedly killed themselves. I agree with you though, we need to find out as much as we possibly can about the place. Honestly, I think we should go to DG as soon as feasible with what we have, and get them to buy the place. We can’t let anyone else move in there.”

He turns to Charley.

“It might be worth talking to the Ture’s he acknowledges, “but it’s a long trip. I get the mention of Canadian mental health laws in Donnelly’s notes now. I think he tried to talk to the Ture’s. The mother perhaps? Still, it’s a consideration. The coroner could be a good source of information too. But there are a lot of questions that I think we need to answer”.

He looks at his notes.

“The thing seems to start with the original owners, the Weavers. They lived there a long time, no problems. But then the Creases’ move in and go nuts. And every single owner since. Why did nothing happen to the Weaver’s? Donnelly mentions their estate, and their books, and furniture. Is it their furniture in the lock-up?”

He puts the pizza down and opens a pint bottle of vodka he picked up. “Excuse me, I think I need this more”.

After a drink he continues.

“The Crease’s had a neighbor, Alfred Uleski. I wonder if he’s still around to talk to? Yamilla Isari is the UAE woman. But what was she searching for in the antique shops? We should ask our local contact”.

He summarises. “So perhaps the coroner, the local paper for some more background too. Hopefully Tony can dig up more about the Weavers. And find out what Yamilla Isari was looking for. And for chrissakes, we want to find out what the situation is with real estate agent. I can’t believe this thing is still getting sold.”
OOC,SP, is it Weaver or Wheeler? I've seen both.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"Could always try to get the Tures on the phone and hope they'll talk. I was thinking they were more recent but they do seem to be the only survivors so far that we've been able to look into. We really need to milk the Tony connection but you're right we've got a lot of items demanding our attention and getting that house off the market is probably number one...unless we want to let some poor shmuck move in and watch what happens..hehheh" I chuckle awkwardly and take a bite of pizza, before I finish chewing: "seriously though do either of you have any experience on cases involving curses or cursed land?" I raise an eyebrow and look back amd forth between the agents, pausing momentarily on the vodka.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Borderline wrote:"Could always try to get the Tures on the phone and hope they'll talk. I was thinking they were more recent but they do seem to be the only survivors so far that we've been able to look into. We really need to milk the Tony connection but you're right we've got a lot of items demanding our attention and getting that house off the market is probably number one...unless we want to let some poor shmuck move in and watch what happens..hehheh" I chuckle awkwardly and take a bite of pizza, before I finish chewing: "seriously though do either of you have any experience on cases involving curses or cursed land?" I raise an eyebrow and look back and forth between the agents, pausing momentarily on the vodka.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Sorry yeah, it's Wheeler.

Keep going, I'm enjoying seeing you guys figure out what your next move will be. :)  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“No” says Nik. “Curses are a new one. If that is in fact what this is. It could be the result of some kind of dark magic.” He feels silly saying this, but only a little.

“Sure, you could give the Ture’s a try. I think it must have started with the Wheeler’s. I want to find out as much as possible about them and the early history of the house."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'd like to talk to our friendly antique dealer," says Vanessa. "She's likely to know Yamilla Isari, who has almost certainly been a customer in her store. Talking to the coroner and the neighbor are good ideas too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Okay then" says Nik. "I'll look at the local paper's archives and then we can meet Tony for lunch and see if he found anything else."
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Okay, just to confirm everyone's plans for the next morning.

Charley will try to talk to the Ture's via phone. If so, make a Bureaucracy roll, and if that fails Int*5 to locate their information.

Nik will head to the local paper and look up the Wheelers? ( Tony made his research check and so will bring you the info about them, so if you want to look up something else instead, let me know.)

Vanessa will head to the Friendlies antique shop?

Will have a post up later today, sorry for the wait.  
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

beuro30,[dice]0[/dice]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,If Tony will have information on the Wheeler's, then Nik will look for articles on the Spooner Avenue address. He'll also look at property listings to see if the house is on the market, and to find out who real estate agents are.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”