Convergence

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Re: Convergence

Post by jp1885 »

Persuade 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
”Oh, I’m not casting aspersions on the good folks around here, but, y’know, there’s the question of seasonal workers and whatnot. Plus there must be plenty of isolated outbuildings and such.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Still reluctant, Oakley nods.

"Well, alright. I'll have Josie here put together a list. We're talkin' several dozen residences though... tell ya what. I'll work on gettin ya a list of properties that have been abandoned or gone into foreclosure in recent years. If, and I highly doubt we do, but if we got bootleggers up to no good, chances are they'd have moved in quiet like to one of these old farmhouses and be workin from there. Stop by tomorrow afternoon or so and I'll try and have it ready for you. In the meantime, keep me informed, thank ya kindly."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

"We'll do that, Sheriff" says Nik, folding the map away. "And we'll be as discreet as we can."

He stands up and shakes the man's hand. Addressing the team, he says “Shall we get something to eat and get settled in? I’m hungry. Unless you guys have anymore questions.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I think we've done enough for tonight," says Vanessa. "Thank you, Sheriff. I think you've given us enough to get started. We'll see you if we need any more help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   If no one has any other plans, I'll move us forward through dinner. Planning to check into Merle's Shut Eye?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, that sounds good to me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Yes, sounds fine.  
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

OOC:   Yep, that’s fine.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

The four DG agents leave Sheriff Oakley's office, reasonably certain they've made a good impression on the man. Hungry from their long trip, they head to Ruth's diner. They seem to have just missed the dinner crowd; the place is less than half full, and their food comes out in short order. Whatever they order is greasy and unhealthy in the extreme, and only more tasty because of it. In sum, while it's probably not the best place they've eaten in, they had certainly had a meal in far worse, and it's easy to see why this place might be a town fixture.

Of course, almost every eye in the place seems to be watching them, to various degrees of subtlety. Their waitress too,a middle aged woman with a stained uniform and a nametag that reads Rose is polite but distant, seemingly content to keep things professional.
OOC:   Anyone who wants can make a HUMINT roll.  
Success,While there's a bit of curiosity in the crowd, most of the people seem cautious and frankly distrustful of the newcomers. They don't seem to want to engage in conversation for some reason.

Merle's Shut-Eye is right next door to the diner, which makes for an easy walk. It's a three story motel, advertising color tv as one of the amenities. But the outside seems respectable enough, and there's plenty of room for parking.

Inside sits a man behind a reception desk. His feet are plopped up on the counter and he is reading a paper and listening to classic rock on a nearby radio. He looks up as the door opens and gives a smile that seems genuine enough.

"Howdy, and welcome to the Shut-Eye. You folks looking for a room or two?"
ooc,If you had any business at the restaurant, feel free to post it and I'll respond. Don't want to rush you guys along, so don't hesitate to tell me to slow down if you feel my pace is off.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Anatomist »

HUMINT 40,[dice]0[/dice]
José looks around and feels the distrust from the crowd. He chooses to ignore it as hes dont feel he's there to talk. Eat, drink and get to bed is the plan, and he intent to stick to it.
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik
HUMINT,HUMINT 74: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/760597]HUMINT[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]50[/b]
In the diner Nik feels the eyes of the customers on them, so he refrains from discussing his theories about the case until they can be somewhere more private.

At the motel, he greets the clerk.

"That's right. Four singles if you have 'em, but we'll take what you got."
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

HUMINT 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Griff tries to catch the eye of some of the locals, trying to fathom out why small towns are supposed to be so friendly when strangers are always viewed with suspicion.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Though I'll definitely be taking a room all to myself," says Vanessa.
OOC,HUMINT roll (56% skill) in the diner: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Griff tries to catch the eye of some of the onlookers, but all avoid him. He gets the feeling they're not afraid of the newcomers, necessarily; it's more caution. Something about them being here makes them wary.

"Oh, sorry, we only have three rooms available," the clerk says, sounding genuinely remorseful. "Bit of a busy time for us, given the recent publicity we've gotten. Let's see here... I've got two on the second floor, right next to one another. Then one up on the third floor. All three rooms are doubles. Sounds good to you folks?" He waits to hear who plans to room with whom.

"So, what brings you to our town. Y'all reporters?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik shakes his head.

“We’re part of a state-wide task force, here to assist Sheriff Oakley. I can’t say more than that. We’ll take the rooms.”

He turns to Vanessa. “We can share. You two” he addresses Jose and Griff, "meet in our room once you're settled".
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

José goes to his room with Griff, he opens his backpack and loads his all black, large fanny pack with his Glock 19, scalpel, tranquilizing pistol, some cash, wallet, water poncho, heat packs, some protein bars and a small water bottle. He adjusts his kevlar under his shirt, and as he straps his fanny pack to his waist he takes a look at the picture of James and himself, thinking on why he was part of this Delta Green group.

'See you at Nick's rom'
~Bony End of Story~
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Griff watches his new colleague gear up, wondering just what the hell he’s expecting to happen between their room and the adjoining one.

Still, considering how on-edge the locals seem to be acting, perhaps it’s best to be prepared. As such, he follows suit before walking out behind José.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik is lying on the bed, worrying about whether his snoring will keep Vanessa awake, when the other agents enter. He glances at them and sits up in concern when he sees how tense they are.

“Holy shit, are you wearing a vest?” he asks Jose. He looks at Vanessa, and shakes his head in disbelief. “I just want to talk about what we’ve learned so far, not go hunting for Pablo Escobar.”

He crosses his legs and sits back against the headboard.

“Look you two, I’ll be nice for now `cause I don’t know how much experience you have with this shit, but you’re obviously not trained for police work. So you need to follow our lead, and calm the fuck down. We don’t want to stand out. And you two stand out. What the hell are your day jobs anyway?”
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Like many people caught on the hop for being dumb, Griff is instantly on the defensive.

"I'm a florist," he mutters as he unstraps his his stab vest. "Either that or I'm the guy who patches up your ass when things go south. 'course, it could be you X-Files guys who save my ass first, so I'd better watch my mouth huh?"

He shrugs off his vest, bundling it under his arm.

"In the real world I'm a paramedic, so yeah, I guess you two got the jump on me when it comes to this secret agent stuff - sorry 'bout the vest."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

HoneyDog wrote:Nik is lying on the bed, worrying about whether his snoring will keep Vanessa awake, when the other agents enter. He glances at them and sits up in concern when he sees how tense they are.

“Holy shit, are you wearing a vest?” he asks Jose. He looks at Vanessa, and shakes his head in disbelief. “I just want to talk about what we’ve learned so far, not go hunting for Pablo Escobar.”

He crosses his legs and sits back against the headboard.

“Look you two, I’ll be nice for now `cause I don’t know how much experience you have with this shit, but you’re obviously not trained for police work. So you need to follow our lead, and calm the fuck down. We don’t want to stand out. And you two stand out. What the hell are your day jobs anyway?”
José dont twitch at the comment "In mine and Griffs line of work you really never know when some lunatic goes for the kill, ill wear my shirt over the vest, don't worry. And my motto is better prepared then sorry, mind you ive been trough some shit. You might be better a policing, but we are both here for a reason, and I intent to survive this mission"
~Bony End of Story~

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”