Return To Sender

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Return To Sender

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods, knowing that if Drake has someone like Sue Thomas on staff who can read lips, they can use the videos to find out what was being said. "Probably better to have the tapes,' she says. "From what bearing did the helicopter arrive?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Luck roll,[dice]0[/dice]
Greg shakes his head. "Unfortunately we don't. Maybe in a year or two though; Mr. Deschiel is trying to upgrade our surveillance system." Not that that helps the agents. "We can get you the tapes though. Provided Mr. Deschiel gives the okay, of course."

The registration number is easily visible.
OOC:   Andre can make a know roll to know if he knows the country offhand.  
success,It's a Uruguay designation.
"Helicopter came from the north," Harry responds to Vanessa. "Canada, no doubt about it." He asks if any of the agents would like some coffee.

On the cameras, Deschiel and those following him enter one of the airlocks leading into the Sapphire unit. Unfortunately, there are no cameras operating inside the production facilities, only outside, so for now the team is in the dark.
OOC:   Nice reference to Sue Thomas! Very topical, I recall when the show about her was on in the early 2000's. Don't recall if I ever watched it though.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Vanessa. "Coffee would be nice. Didn't sleep too well."
OOC,Thanks! The show doesn't air until 2002. I don't think I ever watched it. The real Sue Thomas worked for the FBI from 1979-83.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Know,Int x5 55: [url=https://orokos.com/roll/856980]Know[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]42[/b]
Andre sees the registration code – CX.

“It’s Uruguayan-registered” he tells the others. “Long journey.”

He writes down the number.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Harry heads off to brew a pot.

"Next to Brazil," Jose adds.

A few more minutes go by before Deschiel, Grant, and their respective men leave Sapphire. They get into two carts and start heading northwest towards the Waste incinerator.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa nods, her suspicions confirmed. "Any way we could attach a tracking device to that helicopter?" she asks. "If ABC's security are the only ones watching it, now would be the perfect time."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

It occurs to Vanessa that most of the guards likely don't know much about Wagnerium and the effort to shut the company out. But the agents seemed to be trusted, and Turner would likely authorize whatever they attempted on this front. One of them would probably have to go out and perform the task themselves, however.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

While Vanessa has some training in stealth, she knows Andre is better at it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Do we have any trackers that have enough range for what you’re suggesting?” Andre says. “Look, all registered aircraft are supposed to submit their flight plans to the FAA. We can try and find out that way.”

He puts in a call to Drake.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"They should be able to trace it pretty far," Jose says. "I'm not sure if it would be capable of tracking them all the way to Uruguay, but it would at least help us to narrow their location down."

Drake responds. "Sure, I can pull some strings, get us their flight plan. I still think putting a tracker on them could be useful though-- gives us a bit of insurance. We don't know how many resources these guys have, and if they could have bribed someone to obfuscate their movements.

"Keep watch for now. It's better if we can trace them back to their headquarters or hit them hard in an isolated area rather than at ABC."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Look" says Andre, unconvinced. "It's pretty unlikely that they flew that thing all the way from South America. Via Canada. It would take a week to get here. They must be transferring to an airplane in Canada. Putting a tracker on the 'copter only gets us to their transfer point."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Also," Vanessa tells Drake, "I recognized the man leading the Wagnerium contingent. I've seen him on a video before, but I don't believe he's ever seen me. He calls himself Grant, but his real name is Reinhard Galt. He was behind an incident last year in New York. Are you familiar with him?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Your point is noted Agent, but it offers us a starting point. A tracker allows us to trace where they are going after this, and we can track their journey step by step from there. I'll dig up their flight plan as well, however."

Once Vanessa speaks Drake's tone shifts, and it's the first time real emotion can be heard within his voice. "This just became a high level priority mission. The group Galt is associated with is very dangerous, more so because they know exactly who we are and what we fight. It's crucial we determine their objective here and what exactly they're planning to do with all of this compound they are creating.

"Right now, given the situation your orders are to stand down. Galt is extremely dangerous and should not be engaged except as a last resort; he's killed multiple of our agents and is known to be a hypergeometic vector. I'll be contacting the other cell in the area along with our man at the nearby military base. As soon as the helicopter leaves ABC and is in Canadian airspace we will arrange to bring it down; Cell F will clean up any survivors. This is going to be a bureaucratic and politcial nightmare, but this may be our only chance to catch him unawares."

"Stay in your position and keep track of his movements. As soon as he takes off, call me."

On the camera, Deschiel leads Galt and their guards into the incinerator. Lynne had mentioned this was where all the evidence of Thomas Iron Shirt's break in had been disposed of-- aside from the bodies, of course.
OOC:   If Andre likes he can make a Luck roll. A Fail indicates he'd had some experience with the Karotechia. They were Nazi Germany's version of Delta Green, or perhaps Majestic, and actively used hypergeometry to assist the regime. They were thought destroyed until a few years ago. Galt was one of their agents back during the war, and has a near mythological reputation amongst certain hate groups today as being the ideal ubermensch and unkillable.

With a success, you've never heard of them.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Wait!" says Andre. "Does this mean we hold off on placing a tracker? Don't they have the means of tracking the 'copter from the air base if an attack is going to be launched from there?"
Luck,[url=https://orokos.com/roll/857274]Luck[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]11[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Yes, stay where you are and keep watch of their movements, but do not engage or interact with them in anyway without contacting me first. Call me if you see anything suspicious, and when they take off, just to make sure we have eyes on them."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Understood.”

Andre is intensely curious after hearing all this new information, but decides to wait until later before asking Vanessa for more details. Going back to the guards and the camera station, he’s wondering why Galt wants to see the incinerator.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa keeps an eye on the monitors, though she has a pretty good idea of what the incinerator is used for here. It would be perfect for disposing of reanimated corpses or corpse parts that couldn't otherwise die. She wonders what effect it would have on an immortal Nazi, but she doesn't expect he'll do them the favor of falling into it. She just hopes a helicopter exploding around him and crashing will at least slow him down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Harry brings the coffee. He and Greg sip from their cups and talk amongst themselves while watching the cameras, seemingly intent to ignore the agents unless they request to speak to them.

Fifteen minutes go by, and no further movement has been detected on the cameras.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Just keep watching" Andre tells the room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa continues to watch the monitors as she sips her coffee.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”