Music From a Darkened Room

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

Post by Silver Priest »

The men find it puzzling, but Vanessa can tell that Donnelley suffered a rapid lose of sanity as he began to focus on the house, and seemed to have developed some sort of obsession with it. By the end he seemed very nearly psychotic. He did not date any of the entries, so It's a little hard to determine just how rapid this mental collapse was, but it still seems concerning.

The agents take a deep breath and force open the lid, attempting to brace themselves for what they may find. Inside are the skeletal remains of what looks to be a small child, rotted to the point of near disintegration. Thankfully, it is unmoving.
Lwunder
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 5 years 3 months

Post by Lwunder »

My name is Walter Archibald unremarkable appearance; brown, lightly graying hair worn short. His time outdoors has given him a deep tan and a somewhat weathered appearance. In daily life he wears a business suit, although his clothes are in very goof condition they are obviously not recent purchases.
Hello all my name is Walter Archibald I've been just watching for a while sorry I haven't spoken up. Pleased to join the team

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Eh?  
Nik looks down at the body. The sight depresses him.

“This is the kid who’s roaming the house at night? Mind you, Donnelly just mentions ‘Ture’, doesn’t he? Maybe there’s more family members in the town. We’ll have to find out something about him. Check the town records if there’s nothing in the system. Best leave him here for now.”

He begins to carefully search the coffin. As he does so, he addresses Charley without looking up.

“I would take the standpoint of believing everything in that diary for now, Charley he says. “It’ll be safer that way.”
OOC,Should I roll Search?
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"Understood. I'll definitely want to take a closer look at that book. If we want to come back here we better make sure the owner gets paid, maybe even have us put us in touch with the worker he mentioned. Might gain some insight from knowing when Agent Donelly came and went along with any other strange behavior he may have exhibited." As I speak I work my way to the other corner of the unit looking behind and under a few things."Anyone object to me cutting into that mattress?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Lwunder is our new player, he did not see the thread earlier so I had to bring him in late. Assume you guys met his agent at the coffee shop but he said few words until now for whatever reason. And yes Nik can make a search. In future, feel free to make any roll you guys like. Unless it is completely unplazable I'll probably allow it.  
From a cursory inspection, there seems to be no hidden switches or anything else of note in the child's coffin, save the remains and an outfit that once probably fit them.

The mattress itself looks as though it has seen some use. None of you would feel comfortable on taking a rest on it before it underwent a thorough cleaning.
Lwunder
Layman
Layman

Post by Lwunder »

Silver Priest wrote:
OOC:   Lwunder is our new player, he did not see the thread earlier so I had to bring him in late. Assume you guys met his agent at the coffee shop but he said few words until now for whatever reason. And yes Nik can make a search. In future, feel free to make any roll you guys like. Unless it is completely unplazable I'll probably allow it.  
OOC:   Yes thank you Silver Priest sorry I didn't see the thread earlier, because I didn't subscribe to it somehow I didn't. Hope i can catch up. :)  
From a cursory inspection, there seems to be no hidden switches or anything else of note in the child's coffin, save the remains and an outfit that once probably fit them.

The mattress itself looks as though it has seen some use. None of you would feel comfortable on taking a rest on it before it underwent a thorough cleaning.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Knock yourself out, Charleysays Nik. He’s satisfied there is nothing with the body and replaces the lid of the coffin.

He looks over the notebooks again and starts compiling a list of names to check with the field office, and to see if there are any local listings.

Tycroft
Ture, Anton
Crease
Wheeler

“What does he mean by ‘UAE woman”? wonders Nik, aloud. “United Arab Emirates? I can’t think of any other acronyms. She was checking the antique stores, we might be able to find out what she was looking for if we can get more information on her. Didn’t our contact mention a local name for us? Elizabeth Tucker? We might have to go see her.”

“We should also find out what the situation is regarding ownership of the house. If it really is that dangerous we might have to persuade DG to buy it. I’m gonna run the address through the computers too, see if anything comes up. If it’s still on the market, I’ll find the realtor.”

He gets out his phone and starts making calls.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

I get out my knife akd cut into the matress and begin digging around to see if anything is hidden inside.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Charley cuts into the mattress, and discovers nothing out of the ordinary within. It seems likely Donnelley, or somebody, was just using this to sleep on.

Nik makes a few calls to the field office, but finds limited help. Seems the bureau is finding themselves tied up with other cases,and investigating the apparent suicide of an agent from another office is a low priority. He is given an address for the County Seat building of MeadowBrooke. Any records relating to the town - and 1206 Spooner- would likely be found there. In addition, while they don't have the address for a realtor,a town this size is not likely to have more than a few, so it should be fairly easy to track down whoever is responsible for the house and see if it's still on market.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik finishes the calls and informs the others of the results.

“Looks like the town records is a place to start. Do the rest of you want to search around this stuff some more? I think we’ve seen all there is to see for now.”

He grabs the notebooks and looks for something to put them in.

“We should take that ax too. It seems significant. And forget paying that prick out front. I’ll get the crime scene tape from the car and let’s seal this place off. It’s an active scene until we say otherwise so we have jurisdiction. But don’t say anything about the body. Yet. We all good with this?”
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

I take a picture of the unit and give the I.D.s to Nik to include with the notebooks. "You've been quiet Walter, any thoughts?"
Lwunder
Layman
Layman

Post by Lwunder »

I stand by watching not really sure what's going on.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik leaves to go out to the car for the tape. As he passes the reception area, he tells the employee that the unit is now a crime scene and is not to be disturbed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds like a plan," says Vanessa as Nik leaves. While she waits, she takes a good look around to make sure she didn't miss anything.
OOC,Search roll (55% skill) searching the storage room: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Nik, please give me an Int roll*5  
Nik finds a few shopping bags from the local grocery. There's a receipt in one of them; apparently Donnelley was drinking a lot of caffeinated beverages.

The axe is well worn, but looks sharp enough to still be used. The most noteworthy thing about it is strange writings on the side of it.
OOC:   occult role from anyone examining the axe  
As Nik leaves, The rest of the team searches the unit but cannot find anything they may have missed.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Occult,against 80 [dice]0[/dice]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

There's something in the back of Nik's mind, but he can't quite figure it out. It was probably nothing. He heads out and talks to Brian. The man's eyes widen as Nik tells him the news.

"What do you mean it's a crime scene? I'm still getting paid, right?"

He's able to bring the tape back and seal off the scene.

Charley meanwhile examines the axe. The writings seem to be runes of some sort, and he recognizes them as warding and protection runes of some sort. As he picks it up, he feels a sense of calm and inner focus. But he also feels a strange and alien presence in his mind. It says nothing, but is slightly disturbing nonetheless.
OOC:   Your first san roll Borderline! Please roll san 0/1 lose if you fail.

Everyone else can make an unnatural roll, if you have the skill to try and ascertain more information about the axe.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa can't tell much about the unnatural axe. "I don't know anything about that axe," she says, "but it looks dangerous. If you feel the strange urge to do a Jack Nicholson impression, resist it."
OOC,Unnatural roll (11% skill) about the axe: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

San,[dice]0[/dice]
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"I dont know about urge to do a Jack Nicholson impression but definitely an urge to take it with me everywhere I go."
ooc,am I aloud to make another roll to investigate further? I believe my first roll was better than a regylar success if that matters. Also rolled a nat 1 on first sanity roll whoo!

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”