OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: OOC

Post by Anatomist »

HoneyDog wrote:Sorry, I was waiting for you guys to continue. We need to make what's-her-face an offer for the table. I don't see what else Nik can do right now.
Do you want chaz to make a offer for the table? I though you were to investigate the table as i was distracting Debra (the sex machine) :)
~Bony End of Story~
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

HoneyDog wrote:“Don’t you roll your goddam eyes at me, Agent!” Nik says in a furious whisper. “We need that goddam table, so you play up to that old bag, you hear me? Go after her right now and tell her whatever sweet bullshit she wants to hear.”
We need the table - we have to examine it more closely but to do that here is unnecessarily risky and could bring unwanted attention. Debra needs to be made amenable to a sale. Charley can offer himself in partial exchange or something.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

HoneyDog wrote:
HoneyDog wrote:“Don’t you roll your goddam eyes at me, Agent!” Nik says in a furious whisper. “We need that goddam table, so you play up to that old bag, you hear me? Go after her right now and tell her whatever sweet bullshit she wants to hear.”
We need the table - we have to examine it more closely but to do that here is unnecessarily risky and could bring unwanted attention. Debra needs to be made amenable to a sale. Charley can offer himself in partial exchange or something.
Ok. Just pick up the subject and chaz will convince her.
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Post by Silver Priest »

So to confirm, Chaz wants to make a pass at Debra and then try to convince her to sell the table? Well this got a bit more kinky than I was anticipating. :P

If that's the plan, I'll have a respectable, safe for work post up later today, detailing what happens next.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I'm trying to give you guys a little more freedon as to your investigation, this scenario is rather heavy on it. But if any of you ever feel like you're having trouble thinking of what to do next, feel free to roll int*5 and I'll give a hint. I know it's a fine line between fun investigations and running in circles, and hopefully we're still on the right side of that line. ;)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Silver Priest wrote:I'm trying to give you guys a little more freedon as to your investigation, this scenario is rather heavy on it. But if any of you ever feel like you're having trouble thinking of what to do next, feel free to roll int*5 and I'll give a hint. I know it's a fine line between fun investigations and running in circles, and hopefully we're still on the right side of that line. ;)
Chaz will follow Nik around for now, and do as told :)
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Just waiting to see Anatomist's actions before I continue. :)
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Silver Priest wrote:Just waiting to see Anatomist's actions before I continue. :)
Chaz is with nik, seems he dont get anything out of the investigation this round. feel free to move the plot.
Sorry about the delay, this week and the coming are full of school stuff of my kids getting done with their year. Its been crazy busy :)
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

No worries, take the time you need. :) You're all more or less back together now, so feel free to discuss your next steps when you can.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Wasn't the cellar a hotspot? Ir do I remember wrongly?
~Bony End of Story~
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Hmm, I don't remember a cellar within the house. Vanessa did encounter a hallucination in the upstairs room and the kitchen, Nik encountered one in the den, and the whole team was exposed to one throughout the house when the gas smelled like it was on and all the doors were locked.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Going to wait to see if Mr.Handy has anything to add before I move us on. No rush though MR.H, because I will be away most of tomorrow and Wednesday so will be unable to update.

We're pretty close tot he end I think, thanks for sticking with the game guys. Mind, the hard part may be yet to come. ;)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Per request, here's the layout of the house. I figured I'd post it here since this thread moves a lot slower than the ic one.

https://i.postimg.cc/2j01sDFv/tumblr-in ... ji-540.png
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks SP!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Just waiting on HoneyDog to post before I see how crazy everything gets. ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I posted in the dice rolls thread on Monday! The roll failed.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Ack! Sorry I missed that. :oops: Post will hopefully be up soon.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Okay everyone, so Vanessa died during the last attack, though as posted she can still be saved.

I'm wrestling with taking back my last post, however. combat is supposed to go in dex order, meaning Chaz would have gotten to attack first. Yarrow(or any humanish npc) can only fight back against one person. While he can dodge multiple attacks with the action, if he uses fight back he must pick one attacker he succeeds against to do damage against. If you're confused( I am, I had to look through my books on this) please consult the rules thread where I try to break it down.

What this means essentially is that if we were playing in a RL game Chaz would have gotten to act first, and Yarrow would have chosen to fight back against him. So he not Vanessa would have been targeted for axe damage. I've been a little more lenient on the dex order when all players go in a row because PBP can be pretty slow, but in this case it really has a major impact on the game. I'd like to know if you guys want me to retcon Yarrow's action and have us go in dex order instead, which may change the fight's outcome significantly. Anatomist, since it's not fair for you to know your attack will be blocked and critted, I will throw out Yarrow's roll and roll again for him to see if he is able to dodge your attack.

Though just looking at threads, I forgot Vanessa has body armor(as do both Chaz and Nik, I'm pretty sure) which means the attack did not kill her at all, just reduced her to 3 HP. So a bit less serious, but I'd like to get a feel for what we want to do in the future before I go back to edit my post.

Sorry for all the confusion all, I'm fairly new to combat rules and always struggled with them a bit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I think the combat should be done in DEX order, though admittedly I'm a bit biased. I thought fighting back was only in 7th edition. Is it part of the Delta Green rules? If not, he should only be able to attack on his own turn in DEX order, which is last. I also thought criticals were only doubles in Delta Green, not 01, but I don't know for sure.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I did as well, but I looked it up and that's not the case.

Quoting from the book here:

"Your Agent can Dodge or fight back against an incoming
attack even before your Agent’s DEX order in
a turn. If you do this, it becomes your Agent’s single
action for that turn. An Agent who has already taken
another action that turn can’t Dodge or fight back
until the next turn.

A roll to Dodge opposes all hand-to-hand attacks
that turn, and lets your Agent duck behind cover to
evade all ranged attacks that turn, if you win the contest.
Dodging never inflicts damage.

Fighting back opposes all hand-to-hand attacks
that turn. If you win the contest, you take no damage.
It does not protect you against ranged attacks unless
you’re close enough to push the ranged weapon
away. As part of your fighting back roll, choose one
offensive action—attack, called shot, disarm, or pin—
against a single attacker. If your roll beats that attacker’s
roll, your Agent takes no damage and your Agent’s
action affects the attacker instead."

And yep,a crit is also a 1, I looked that up as well to confirm.

In any case, one vote for Dex order. Not that I blame you given the circumstance. ;)

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”