Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Post by HoneyDog »

Silver Priest,Nik will project onto a bond, his father. Willpower is 11 [url=http://orokos.com/roll/482466]WP[/url]: [u]1d4[/u] [b]1[/b]
Nik

The sight of the killings, both the bodies and the recorded footage, sickens Nik. He hasn’t seen such graphic violence before, and he wonders how and if they will be able to stop this thing. He knows that the virus will not cease, and that he has to go on. He knows that is what his father would do.

He sits down as he listens to Colorados and Marchand plan. But something occurs to him.

“Listen you guys, you need to remember what we’re dealing with here. Santana has this virus or whatever in him. It’s gonna transfer to whoever is in his vicinity when he dies. If that happens, one of us will be infected and carry on the killing. I say when he dies, ‘cause I don’t think he’s gonna come peacefully.”

He pauses. “I think we should burn him out”.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What if he chooses to die in the fire?" asks Vanessa. "Then we're left with the same problem. We need some way to take him alive."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Hmm. Maybe I should be clearer. It’s difficult to say, considering the vow I’ve sworn to uphold, but it would probably be best if he did die in the fire. It would destroy his body and the virus too. And hopefully that sphere thing as well”.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stanyard grabs one of the shotguns and a box of shells.
"I say we stop it. Dead or alive." He doesn't volunteer to take any lead.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We'll do what we have to when the time comes," says Vanessa. "I'm not sure if it's even possible to get the parasite or whatever it is out of him even if we did capture him alive, or how to go about doing it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

Nik stands up. “Alright then, let’s not waste any more time.” He starts to stuff shotgun shells into his pockets. “I’ll lead the other team.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik finds some inner strength by reflecting on his father. He knew that stopping this was his duty, and it helped him to look past the grizzly scene. A small part of him however resented trying to live up to his dad. Why couldn't he just go back to Phoenix and let Palmer and his goons take care of things?
OOC:   Okay, Nik reduces his san loss to 1 point and can reduce his WP by one. He also loses one point with his father. I'll let you determine exactly why that is. Maybe Nik feels stressed living up to his father's code, or maybe he distances himself from him to keep him safe. It's a very minor loss however, so the effects are not too severe. You probably just call a little bit less.

Next post will probably be up tomorrow.  
OOC:   Also,it looks like Vanassa, Stanyard, and Nik all would like a shotgun, but alas there are only two of them. As a suggestion the one of you guys who decides not to take the shotgun might want to take the rifle.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Thanks SP! By the way, about the shotgun - I remember they had one in the car which they drove up in. Would that make 3 in total?  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Good memory! It would indeed. For simplicity, assume it's the same model as the others.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

An hour later the group find themselves near the cabin. It's by a lake, in a portion of San Carlos where cabins are frequent sights, and is a modest two story building, unremarkable save for who apparently resides there. Night is steadily retreating, the first hints of light now filling the sky. Colorados had admitted that he was banking on Santana being asleep after his long night.

The sheriff sees Vanassa and Nik both equipped with a radio. "So we can keep in contact. If all goes according to plan, we'll all breech at once and overwhelm Santana before he can get a shot off."

"The cabin should be empty this time of year, good fortune for the family that owns it. I doubt Santana would be one to take hostages. Now, go behind back and prepare to breech."

Fifteen minutes go by. The agents inch up the back off the house and the bedroom windows. Save the sounds of nature, all is quiet.

And then the gunfire starts.

"We've been made!" Comes Colorados panicked voice over the radio. "Shit, we've got a man down! Continue to advance, we've no cover nearby, and we're sitting ducks here!"
"FBI, Get inside that cabin and cut him off!
"

Both windows stand closed, but the interiors of the bedrooms can be seen within. No one seems within either of them.
OOC:   How do the teams want to do this? They can try to force the windows, a str*5 roll will get them open. Or they can just break them and attempt to get in without getting cut.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Things are heating up! Can I just confirm the makeup of our teams? Who is with who?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Vanessa[/b] and [b]Nik[/b] are leading the teams, but I don't think the others said which team they're on yet. Can two people try to force open the windows together, combining their STR scores?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Seems reasonable. Go for it.

Also Stanyard and Edmund should still decide which team they'd like to be on, if you guys are still going with that plan.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   It would probably be safer if one opens/forces the window while being covered by the other - Santana might enter at any second.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It might, but there'd be a significant chance one person alone isn't strong enough to force the window. Anyway, [b]Santana[/b] is busy shooting at the locals out front, and he can't be in two places at once.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Ah, but if he decides to make his escape? Never mind - 2 will be quicker than 1. Just be prepared to duck!
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Could the two windows not be forced simultaneously. This would mean that at least one group would be able to get in unmolested." Edmund asks.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's do it," says Vanessa, nodding. "On three. One, two, three - breach!" At that moment, she works with her partner to try to force the window open.
OOC,I'm still not sure who my teammate is, so I'm not sure what my chance of success is. Depending on who's with me, I either have a 95% chance, or it's an automatic success.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

ooc,[b]Nik[/b] can do the same with his partner simultaneously if possible. Perhaps you should partner us up SP.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Stanyard is ready by Nik's side to force the window they are covering.
"Why not just blast it open?" Stanyard readies the shotgun and aims taking a step back from the window. "Stay clear!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”