Music From a Darkened Room

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Re: Music From a Darkened Room

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik

"I see. Well, this is a bit unusual...but I suppose you're not the first. Some people find a murder or suicide taking place in a house a selling point.

She folds her manicured hands across the desk. "Yes, 1206 Spooner has had its share of deaths in its history. Several suicides, a murder-suicide, an accidental death and an electrocution. It really sounds worse than it actually is, let me assure you. Every house has its fair share of trouble, especially one as old as Spooner. It has a certain history around the town as being haunted. I don't know or care as to the full details, but I'm sure you could ask a local if you really cared.

If you want my honest impression, it's all nonsense. I've been in the house several times and never noticed anything off."

"So when should I put you down for a viewing?'

Nik recalls that Donnelley had had a set of keys in the storage unit that probably went to the house, so he did not need to view the house to gain access to it. But then again, having someone else there might make a visit to 1206 Spooner safer.
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by Borderline »

Next I dial Adam Ture. "Mr. Ture my name is Charles Switzer I'm an investigative agent and an old house you used to live in has become part of an invstigation I'm doing. Quite frankly I think it's going nowhere as my boss seems to think there may be supernatural activity. To me it's all mumbo jumbo but can't leave any stone unturned amd all that. Would you mind answeing a few questions?"
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Please make a persuade role, Ture is not as willing to talk.  
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

persuade 80,[dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, please do check the estate sales," says Vanessa. "The other people who lived there in the last decade were Louis Tycroft, Amanda Braintree, and Andrea Falcone."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik makes an appointment for later in the week, and asks if he can have a copy of the plan of the house. It’s time to meet Tony for lunch.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Charley

"No, leave me alone!" says a man with a thick French accent. " What happened to my son and wife was a tragedy, nothing to do with this supernatural nonsense. Don't contact me again. I am not interested in your gossip."

He hangs up before another word can be exchanged.
Vanessa

"I'll get right on it," Elizabeth says. "And move as fast as possible. Give me your number and I will give you a call when I have something."

She consults her list. "Braintree came in here once or twice, though honestly I don't really remember her. She also bought nothing too out of the ordinary."

Nik

Turner
says yes and gives Nik the plans.
OOC:   I think you three can meet up and debrief one another now. Feel free to do so, and I'll move us forward tomorrow.  
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

I would also like to make an appointment to meet up with the coroner some time this week if possible.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Vanessa gives Elizabeth her number. "Thanks again," she says. After she leaves the shop, she regroups with the rest of her team.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   You all can meet with the coroner later today if you like. But I'll go ahead and give you what Tony found now.  
The agents reunite and head back to town hall( allowing a brief stop so Nik could buy Tony lunch) and find the clerk waiting for them.

"Welcome back. i did some digging about the Wheelers. I'm not sure if it will be useful to you all but I found it pretty interesting myself." He shows a news article to them.

Michael Wheeler
and Isabelle Nacht got married in May of 1905. Wheeler was 30, Isabelle 18. Says here that he was a self made man and stone mason, while she was the daughter of one of the town's richest families. I think I heard of the Nachts, they have a building or two named after them, though I don't believe any are left."

A few more articles are shown, and pictures are included. Michael was a handsome man with dashing movie star looks. Isabelle was also quite beautiful, and bore a slight resemblance to Jacqueline Kennedy. The pair seemed to be invited to every event high society threw.

Then the articles begin to change. Isabelle falls ill later that year, with an unknown illness that robs her of the use of her legs. Doctors are consulted throughout the eastern coast, but none seem able to help. The general prognosis seems to think she'll be an invalid for the rest of her life.

In November of 1907 they construct a home at 1206 Spooner.

Three years later, Michael Wheeler dies in a freak accident when a falling slab of marble strikes him at a construction sight. It is mentioned that he is survived by his sick wife.

There's little mention of the Wheelers for another 16 years, but then an article appears celebrating Isabelle's return to society. A picture of her is included, and she still looks beautiful, if a little older. The story mentions she had been waylaid with an incurable illness for the last two decades but seemed to have made a miraculous recovery. A throwaway line mentions "Rumors of Adele DiVetello moving into Wheeler's home and becoming her nurse seem to be true. Despite the reputation that name holds within Meadowbrooke, this reporter can not help but attest to the effectiveness of her treatments. A few more articles note her continued good health, but it's not long before she drops off the society pages once again.

The next mention of her Tony found was in a 1936 article. Matthew Harrigan son of the mayor of Meadowbrooke and a few other locals attacked a Antonio DiVettelo, who the article refers to as a known troublemaker. Only Antonio was arrested, and his bond was paid by Isabelle Wheeler of 1206 Spooner Avenue later that evening.

The final article is from August of 1956. It is Isabelle Wheeler's obituary. The obituary details her struggles with a still unknown illness for much of her life, then notes her recovery and brief return to society before becoming a recluse who rarely left her house. Apparently she had caused a brief scandal by inviting a family of Italians of ill repute to live with her. It is mentioned that the Italians all seemed to leave a year ago, and they apparently left town. Wheeler soon fell ill again and died. She was 69.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're going to need to find out about the DiVitellos next," says Vanessa.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

"Yeah sounds like you were right about the Wheelers Nik, something about that story seems like to mich to be coincidence. I was hoping to get a floor plan from Mr. Ture to compare to the one we got to see if the lay out was changed. Anyways that coroner's also available today if you two wanna go with me. Not sure what to ask him but lord knows there are plenty of coroners happy enough to call something a suicode and move along. Could be nothing, then again you don't hear about too many suicides where no weapon is recovered."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, I'd like to talk to the coroner too," says Vanessa. "I have a lot of medical and forensic knowledge, which will help."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   So you guys seem to want to pursue two leads: Investigate the DiVitellos and talk to the coroner. Do you have a preference for which you do first, or would you like to split up?  
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

OOC:   Im all for staying together if it wont put us at a hige time disadvantage  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I definitely want to go to the coroner, but if others want to get started researching the [b]DIVitellos[/b], that's fine with me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   Okay, someone please make me a persuade roll. Standard if you show the coroner your badge, at -20 if you're trying to keep that hidden. In order to move us along I'll probably info dump whatever you learn from Perkins in one post, though you guys are of course free to ask questions if you have any.  
Borderline
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Borderline »

Looks like mines highest,Im thinking keeping it a secret might be a good idea but if he refuses the badge could come out but if that seems unreasonable I'll just do a straight roll not to risk it. Edit. Aaaand now I regret it. Sorry you two. Your call keeper :)[dice]0[/dice]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

OOC:   That's a fail with the penalty, but a pass on a straight roll. Since you already said you'd pull out your badge if needed Borderline, I'm going to say you did.  
The team next head to meet with the coroner in his office. Dr. Elmer Perkins is a jovial man in his mid 50's, though his bifocals and wisps of white hair serve to make him look older. Still, he is very professional and does not seem surprised to see the team. At first he is reluctant to speak of the Spooner autopsies, citing patient confidentiality; but when Charlie identifies them as being from the FBI, he relaxes.

I expected you'd want a report on Special Agent Donnelley's death. Well it's just as I put down, he committed suicide. There's been quite a few of them in 1206 Spooner.

“Ah, but you're from out of town, you probably don't know the rumors. The house has a reputation of being haunted. Goes back to the 1960 murder-suicide that took place there. Now, I've been coroner here since 1983. In that time, I've done 6 autopsies related to the home. That's mighty strange.

“But I don't think it was a ghost or anything like that. Folks around here know the history of the home. It attracts a certain type of... breed, as it were. You have to already be wired a certain way to want to live in a place that's felt such tragedy. So the people who move into Spooner are already the types to be more predisposed to suicide and mental illness. Take Agent Donnelley, for example. Off the record, the police have had reports for a few years now that he was harassing people interested in the home and had a sort of obsession with it. So he goes and kills himself in the home? Well I'm no psychologist, but it was not exactly a surprise. Especially since he perfectly mirrored the suicide of Yamilla Isari a year or so ago, almost as though it was some kind of twisted tribute to her.”

ooc,Please make HUMINT rolls. Success indicates the doctor hides it well, but he has some doubts. It may pay to press him on it. A fail indicates you take him at face value.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"But you're not entirely certain, are you, Doctor?" says Vanessa. It's not really a question. "You still have some doubts."
OOC,HUMINT roll (55% skill) about the coroner: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”