OOC

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: OOC

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sanity roll (current level 70) to Fulfill Responsibilities with Malcolm Devane:
[dice]0[/dice]
Bond Improvement:
[dice]1[/dice]
Sanity roll (current level 70) to Fulfill Responsibilities with Malcolm Devane:
[dice]2[/dice]
Bond improvement:
[dice]3[/dice]

Once back in Phoenix, Vanessa spends most of her downtime with Malcolm Devane, enjoying her newfound romance. They go out to dinner, movies, and dancing. As their relationship blossoms, she wonders if she might be falling in love.

I just realized that when you fail to Fulfill Responsibilities during a downtime, a bond is reduced by 1D4. I had thought just making the attempt was enough. Since I failed in the previous downtime, I'll deduct 1D4 from my bond with Lucas:
[dice]4[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

Fulfill responsibilities with his girlfriend:
SAN 64: SAN: 1d100 14

Bond improvement: Bond improvement: 1d6 4

Nik wants to try and forget about the New York experience, and its potential consequences. He devotes himself to Debbie, to make up for any lack of attention.

He also takes up juggling, but proves an abject failure.

DEXx5 60:dex: 1d100 41
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Post by Silver Priest »

Good rolls for you both. Looks like Nik's relationship with his girlfriend is somewhat repaired, though for Vanessa and her brother are currently working through a rough patch. Maybe she's been neglecting to call him, busy as she is with work and appreciating things with Malcolm.

My friend has expressed interest, but he's busy until next week so it may be a bit until we can start. This works for me, as I'm still deciding if I want to run Convergence immediately or build up to it first with another scenario. I'll let you both know soon.

Welcome back to Delta Green. :D
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Convergence! Let 's converge.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Hmm, was actually thinking I'll run the other scenario first, but you guys have been waiting on convergence for a long time, so if you want we can do that first. Be warned, convergence does have something of a.. reputation for being difficult for poor pc's. :twisted:

Friend confirmed interest and should have his character up in the next few days, upon which we'll start.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

No pressure, SP. Do what you think works best.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Still hoping to get one more player, but if worse comes to worse this scenario should work with two. Tried to do a brief summary in the first post since I know it's been a while. Let me know if you've any questions or the like and I'll do my best to answer. :)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

The last one worked fine with just two, so don't worry too much. Let's solve this case!
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

As you're both separated I'm going to try and keep you both on the same timeline, but as long as it's not life and death I'm not worrying too much about it. It takes Vanessa far longer to get to Alliance than Nik to Colombia, but I'm going to say he has to endure a convoluted PR campaign to convince him that Colombia had absolutely nothing to do with Wei's actions. So right now you're both technically near the same time period, 2:30 or so.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Unfortunately got a bit busy today, so post will have to come tomorrow.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Hoping you guys are enjoying this so far. I feel like my posts are a little long. I have a tendency to be long winded and add color ;) Would you guys prefer if I tried to post smaller chunks? I don't want to overwhelm you all.

I've also decided that from now on I'm bolding each name a maximum of one time a paragraph. Took me longer to find and bold everything then to write the post! :D
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

It's good so far. Don't worry about the long posts, they're not a problem to read (must take a while to write though!) They make the game much more interesting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm enjoying it too, and I'm also fine with the long posts.

When I write posts, I bold the names as I'm typing them rather than going back afterwards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

I write my posts in word. Had too many eaten over the years otherwise. But I'll try and make a note of that. Or refer to y'all by name less. :P
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I just type in the Post A Reply box, but I always copy my posts to the clipboard periodically as I type them so that I don't lose much if that happens.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

We're approaching the end of the scenario, and I wanted to ask you guys where you'd like to go from here.

If the Outlook hook has interested you, I have some ideas of where to take that. The caveat to that is that it would be pretty much content of my own creation, and I can't vouch for the quality. It would also be very linear. I try to give you guys options at all times, but if I ran this next part I think your freedom would be limited for awhile, unless you were very creative. If you'd rather start a new scenario and bring this one to a close we can, but if you're willing to continue 'll see what I can come up with. ;)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Either way is fine with me.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm perfectly fine to start a new scenario if that's the easiest course to take. I've enjoyed this one.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) I'll probably run a little addendum to this one before launching into the new scenario. Hopefully it will be enjoyable to you both. It should hopefully be a fun expierment.

A third player may be joining us, so this will also give me the opportunity to catch them up as well.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Sorry about recent developments, guys. I hate taking the power away from the players, but I promise neither of your guys are dead or unusable. There's still a way out of this. Hopefully you're both willing to trust me for just a bit longer. Normally DG provides a system to resist poisons and drugs, but there was basically no way either of you could have done so here.

Before we proceed,a question. Would both of you be okay portraying other characters for a brief scene? I have them pre generated. If so, I'll pm you details when it becomes appropriate.

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”