See No Evil

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:52 am

“It’s some kind of mutant, they live down here” says Nik, reloading his rifle. “We can explain more later Taylor, but we have to keep moving, we need to get to the kids. Don't think about those things, if we're lucky we won't see any more. Hold it together, you’re doing good.”
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Mr. Handy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 am

Image

"Yeah, we need to keep moving and get back on track," says Vanessa, slapping a fresh magazine into her rifle. "Those shots won't have gone unheard, either. We need to backtrack and find out where we took a wrong turn."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 am

Steeling his courage, Taylor nods and reloads in turn. "Okay then. Let's get this done."

The trio return to where they made the wrong turn, and quickly find themselves back on the right path. This time they trust the direction implicitly, and even when they have to make a tight squeeze that seems impossible,, they find success. It would seem Alzis at least gave them the correct instructions to follow.

Sure enough, they soon hear the sound of children crying echoing in the tunnels. They don't seem to be cries of pain, suggesting the ghouls have not started their feast yet. But it inspires S-Cell to hurry forward, and they soon find themselves at an abandoned train platform.A rusty old train lies in the middle of it, and the sounds can clearly be heard from within.

Taylor moves first, before either of the agents can stop him. Weapon out, he rushes onto the train, Causing several screams of terror. There's no immediate attack though, and he looks back and gives a nod, indicating it's clear.

The train itself is filled with twelves students. All look to be ten or thereabouts, and all have their hands tied behind their backs. They all look to be quite frightened.

"We're with the FBI. We;re here to help you," Agent Taylor begins, but many of the children still continue to scream. If not calmed down, they may very well attract more of the ghouls.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:28 pm

Nik comes up behind Taylor, shouldering his rifle. “Go keep watch, we’ve got this” he tells the agent.

Entering the carriage, he raises his hands above his head, and puts a smile on his face. “Guys, I’m Nik, and this is Vanessa he tells the children. “We’re friends. We’re taking you home, but you need to be as quiet as you can. We’re going home now, but we all need to be as quiet as we can. We’re going to untie you, and then we’re leaving. We’re the good guys, we’ll take you home.”

Spoiler:
If the kids calm down, he'll move among them, cutting their bonds.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Taylor nods, and takes point.

The children are still rather upset, but Nik's words seem to reach them. It helps that he takes no threatening action. A few of the children shush the others, and one girl who seems to have taken it upon herself to be their leader, speaks.

Are you the ones the mean man was talking to?” The agents recognize her as the voice on the phone, the one who Galt had held a gun to her head. “He was a scary man. He kept saying if he did not gt what he wanted, he was going to eat us. Then he said we were going to meet some friends of his, and you had better be fast.”

When her bonds are removed, she assists the team in releasing the other kids, doing her best to calm them. All things considered, she may one day make a good Delta Green agent.

The children follow the team out. All that was left now was to retrace their way back out.

OOC:   Feel free to ask any questions you may have for the kids.  


They're only about a third of the way back out of the tunnels when two more of the ghouls emerge from ahead. Both look inhuman, lithe yet powerful, and considerably less interested in speaking than their fallen comrade had been.

The flesssh belong to us! That was the agreement!” One declares, and they both charge the agents, hoping to get to the kids behind. The children in turn scream and wail, having come face tof ace with something beyond their worst nightmares.

And only the agents stand between them and it.

OOC:   Two more ghouls attack. Both look more powerful than the one you already dealt with. They go first, then the agents, then Taylor, then the kids. Though most of the latter are frozen in shock at the moment.  


The ghouls rush Vanessa and Taylor, respectively. Their claws lash out at both.

Ghoul 1 attacks Vanessa

Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
89


Ghoul 2 Attacks Taylor

Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
87


Both ghouls are over eager, and their first attacks miss. They snarl in frustration.
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:10 am

Nik opens up on the ghoul attacking Vanessa.

Spoiler:
Firearms (70 + 20[point blank] - 20[long burst] = 70% skill) shooting at the ghoul: Firearms: 1d100 47
Hits 1d5: Hits: 1d5 3
Firearms damage: 1d12 10 + 2 = 12
12x3= 36 damage
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 am

Image

Vanessa opens fire, spraying lead around, but only one shot connects.

Spoiler:
If Nik didn't bring down the ghoul attacking me, I'll shoot it (and the other ghoul if I can catch them both in the same burst). Otherwise, I'll shoot the one attacking Taylor.

Firearms roll (70 + 20[point blank] - 20[long burst] = 70% skill) shooting at the ghoul(s):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
21

Number of hits:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d5:
1

Damage to ghoul:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d12+2 and got a total of 12:
10
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Both Nik and Vanessa fire at the ghoul hazarding her. They do some damage; but once again, the ghoul seems resilient and able to shrug most of it off. By the pained hiss it made it does seem like they hurt it to some extent, however.

Agent Taylor meanwhile opens fire on the creature menacing him. But the ghoul deftly dodges his unwieldy shots.

The children's scream intensify as the shots ring out, but none of the agents can spare the time to comfort them.

Vanessa's ghoul lunges for her, attempting to bite her, but once again the beast's teeth find no purchase on her, and he is easily forced off.

Taylor's lunges for him, but an uneven spot on the ground makes the normally acrobatic creature stumble, and he falls ungracefully on its face. It would be comical were the situation not so deadly.

OOC:   Man, I'm rolling horribly for the ghouls. And here I was afraid they were going to slaughter you guys. Ah well, still time. ;)

New round. Taylor's ghoul is prone and will need to spend next round standing up. Vanessa's ghoul is hurt at least a little bit, but looks as though it can take a lot more punishment.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:51 am

Image

Vanessa sprays bullets wildly at her attacker, but they all miss.

Spoiler:
Firearms roll (70 + 20[point blank] - 20[long burst] = 70% skill) shooting at the ghoul(s):
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
97
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:17 am

Nik, beginning to lose his cool, also misses.

Spoiler:
Firearms 70: 70 + 20[point blank] - 20[long burst]Firearms: 1d100 95
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:47 am

The agents misfortune continues as Taylor misses as well.

Vanessa's ghoul bites out at her.

Silver Priest rolled 1d100:
79


But once again its teeth fail to find purchase.

The other ghoul jumps back into a crouch.

Spoiler:
Vanessa and Nik both need to reload their weapons. This will take their next round action. Alternatively, they could switch to their pistols and still attack this turn, or use one of the grenades( though this would be a rather bad idea)
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:59 am

Cursing, Nik quickly reloads his rifle and prepares to fire again.
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:30 am

Image

Vanessa also reloads, trying to avoid the ghoul's grasping claws.

Spoiler:
Since we're not attacking, do I get to roll Dodge in the event that the ghoul hits?
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:59 am

Spoiler:
I'm going to say no, sorry. Full round reload takes all your focus.


Taylor continues to fire, and all five of his shots strike his own ghoul solidly in the chest. Aside from a few holes and small bits of gray blood, the ghoul does not seem too impeded by the attack. Gunfire seemed to be of limited use against these things, and a sustained barrage was required to take them down.

The ghoul attacking Vanessa strikes at her with its claw. This time, it hits, and the blow cuts through a bit of her Kevlar. Though the armor takes most of the blow, she definitely feels the things claw sink into the flesh of her chest, which it cuts through like butter.

Taylor is also attacked, but his ghoul is biting him. Grabbing at his arm, the thing's teeth sink into the FBI rookie's skin, causing the man to let out a scream. It's a minor blow, and much of it was absorbed, but the ghoul now has his teeth gripped onto the flailing agent's arm, and seems poised to continue to do further damage.

OOC:   Tough round for our heroes. Vanessa takes 2 damage. Taylor does as well, but the ghoul is now attached to him and can continue to do automatic damage to him every turn hereafter. Worse, it also gets to claw attack. To break free he'll need to beat the ghoul in an opposed strength roll. Neither of the agents are in a position to provide him with much assistance.

The good news is you both can continue to fire at the ghoul menacing Vanessa (the other is too close to Taylor to take shots at) He looks more beaten up than Taylor's.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:11 am

Image

Pain and adrenaline fueling her rage, Vanessa cuts loose, spraying the ghoul with lead.

Spoiler:
Firearms roll (70 + 20[point blank] - 20[long burst] = 70% skill) shooting at the ghoul:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
32

Number of hits:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d5:
3

Damage to ghoul:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d12+2 and got a total of 5:
3

Mr. Handy rolled 1d12+2 and got a total of 10:
8

Mr. Handy rolled 1d12+2 and got a total of 7:
5
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29863
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:19 am

The last shot does the trick, and Vanessa blasts a hole through her ghoul's chest that not even these resilient things can withstand. It falls to the ground,clearly dead.

OOC:   Nice work! HoneyDog, I'll say you can make a STR roll*5 to try and get the thing off the unfortunate Agent Taylor. It's tough though, you'll need to both roll a success and roll a lower one than the ghoul does.

Just rolled for it. You or Taylor will need to roll lower than 7 for this turn, otherwise it stays on. I'm getting a bit worried for Taylor here...

I'll say you can also roll gunfire against the ghoul, but if you miss some of the shots will hit Taylor, and he may very likely be dead. So think carefully. ;)  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:12 am

OOC:   Can Nik use his handgun at point blank range on the ghoul instead of grappling with it? If so, he'll attempt to shoot.  
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:04 pm

OOC:   Sure, that works.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: See No Evil

Postby HoneyDog » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:07 am

OOC:   I'm about to board a plane for a long flight so feel free to roll for me SP. Nik will fire at point blank range, 9mm with 15 rounds in the clip.  
User avatar
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Yokohama

Re: See No Evil

Postby Silver Priest » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:50 am

Nik pulls out his pistol and fires, but even at this close range he misses the ghoul.

Taylor continues to thrash, and through sheer luck manages to avloid the ghoul's claws. It's not all good news for him however as the thing keeps its teeth firmly gripped onto his arm. The frantic energy from the FBI agent seems to be preventing any real damage, but it's only a matter of time until severe wounds are inflicted if the creature is not knocked off.

"Get this thing off me!" Taylor cries.

OOC:   New round. This turn one of the agents or Taylor needs to roll better than a 38 on STR to get the thing off his arm.  
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Green: S-Cell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron