A Victim of the Art

The year is 1999. A group of agents with the FBI quickly discover a routine case is anything but. Thrust into a world that's as incomprehensible as it is deadly, can this team hope to hold back the darkness?

Moderator: Silver Priest

Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 10 years 5 months

Re: A Victim of the Art

Post by Silver Priest »

Harolds seems to happily provide the information.

The transcript of Lauren's classes shows she has two teachers with a first name that starts with a T. Teresa Hernandez taught chemistry, while Timothy Thornton taught classic literature.

On being shown the list of names who were patients the day of Maretti's murder, Harolds shakes his head. "I'm afraid of that list only Thomas Dengler is a student here. A junior, I believe? If you'd like to talk to him or one of Lauren's teachers, I can arrange that." He seems to not think the investigators would possibly consider any of them suspects in this.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"Timothy Thornton? Double 'T'! I bet that's him. He probably seduced her with Robert Frost poems or some corny shit" thinks Nik, his cynical mind at work.

"I think we should talk to Mr. Thornton" he tells Harolds. I'd like to interview him, if anyone else would like to join me."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'll go with you," says Vanessa, knowing that Nik isn't exactly a people person. Which is okay, as he makes an excellent Bad Cop, but that routine only works if there's also a Good Cop present.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

OOC:   Of course Edmund will share whatever information he has as soon as possible.  
Edmund Rue
Edmund, chips in - "So, we have Timothy Thornton, T.T. Hernandez and Thomas Dengler we need to be looking at. If you two are heading to seeThornton, I'll take Hernandez and see what information she can give us."
Last edited by Cearlan on Sat May 27, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

"Right" nods Harolds before giving the class numbers. "It's around 2:30 now. They should be teaching their last classes of the day, but given circumstances I'm sure they'd not mind you interrupting them."
Nik and Vanessa,Both agents make their way to Timothy Thornton's class. Presently he is lecturing a group of high scholars. The class seemed mixed. Half look bored, half enthralled [color=#0040FF]"Chopin's work was really one of the earliest feminist texts. It's a truly interesting look at the life[/color]..." Thornton pauses when the agents enter the room. "[color=#0040FF]Yes. May I help you[/color]?" He's in his early to mid 30's and wearing a fashionable outfit complete. He's pretty attractive. exactly the type of teacher who would cause many a young girl to be smitten.
Edmund,Edmund meanwhile finds the class he interrupts to be in the midst of some sort of lab experiment. Teresa Hernandez notices him and immediately walks away from the student she had been instructing. "[color=#0040FF]Hello there[/color]." She smiles, quizzically. "[color=#0040FF]Are you a parent of one of the students? I'm afraid I don't remember you[/color]." Ms. Hernandez is a stocky woman with gray hair and glasses. She looks to be in her late 50's. Nonetheless, she has a warmth about her.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"We're sorry to interrupt Mr. Thornton, but its imperative that we speak with you. Its about one of your students." He doesn't identify himself and Vanessa yet as he doesn't want to spook the man.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, Kate Chopin," says Vanessa. "I've always liked her writing. That takes me back to my own high school days. I still remember The Story of an Hour."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Vanessa,At Nik's declaration,the usual murmurings goes through the room. "[color=#0040FF]Of course[/color]," says Thornton. Hearing Vanessa's words he smiles. "[color=#0040FF]Yes, it's one of my favorite short stories. The ending is such a cruel twist. We're studying[u] The Awakening[/u] now[/color]." He turns to address his students. [color=#0040FF]"Okay guys, get started on that assignment, alright? I'll be back shortly[/color]." He leaves the room, following the agents out into the quiet hallway. "[color=#0040FF]Now then, how can I be of assistance? Is your son or daughter having trouble in class[/color]?" Apparently he assumes the two agents are married.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm hardly old enough to have a child in high school, Mr. Thornton," says Vanessa. "No, we'd like to ask you some questions about Lauren Harrogate." She watches to see how he reacts.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

Edmund Rue
"Miss Hernandez I presume? No I am not one of the parents I'm afraid. May I please take a moment of your valuable time with your students." Edmund smiles congenially as he pulls her to one side in order that the class does not hear their conversation. His attention is fully honed in on her looking for any tells that may indicate something awry. "I will be blunt Miss Hernandez, so please forgive me if I appear brusque. I have come to ask you about a student of yours ... or rather a former student. I am looking into the recent terrible deaths in the area and was wondering what you could tell me about the unfortunate demise of Lauren Harrogate. I am here with the blessing of Principal Haralds who, due to the situation, told me to come right away rather than wait until the end of your class. I'm sure you understand!"

Although his mouth is smiling with a charming demeanour, his eyes watch for her every muscle twitch and gesture.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Vanassa,[ooc]That was a crit fall on your keeper's part![/ooc] "[color=#0040FF]Of course not. Perhaps I should have said older sister. Slightly older[/color]." he smiles playfully. The agents both notice he wears a wedding ring. [color=#0040FF]"Lauren[/color]." Thornton seems to somber up. [color=#0040FF]"Ah yes, a tragedy. She was a great student. Had so much potential. I suppose you're both police then? Well I'd of course be more than happy to assist in brigning her killer to justice, but I'm afraid I don't know much[/color]." [ooc]You both can make a HUMINT roll.[/ooc]
Edmund,"[color=#0040FF]Oh, oh course[/color]." The older woman immediately grows serious. "[color=#0040FF]Lauren was a decent student. I'd describe her as a straight B one. She was naturally bright and outgoing. I'm afraid I don't think I can tell you much though, except she was well loved. But it was truly a tragedy. Between that and Vanessa's murder, our school's been hit hard by all of this[/color]." [ooc]Feel free to make a HUMINT roll, but Edmund seems to think she's being nothing but sincere.[/ooc] [color=#0040FF]"If I may ask a question, Mr...I'm sorry, I don't believe I got your name. You don't think someone here had something to do with it, do you[/color]?" She looks alarmed at the prospect, and glances back at her students with a hint of wariness.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, tell us what you know, and we'll see if it is useful in our investigation," says Vanessa. "How well did you know Lauren?"
OOC,HUMINT roll (52% skill) about [b]Thornton[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik watches the teacher closely, attuned to any sign of something amiss.
HUMINT,HUMINT 70: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/520291]HUMINT[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]22[/b]
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Vanessa,[ooc]Nik can tell Thornton's smile slipped slightly when Lauren was mentioned.[/ooc] "[color=#0040FF]Of course. Let's see... this was the first year I had Lauren as a student. She improved a lot over the year. She struggled a bit at the start, but she put in the effort and became one of my finest students. I tutored her oh, once or twice after class. I would be happy to show you her old papers and her progression over the year. It's rather impressive.[/color]. "[color=#0040FF]Other than that? Not very well at all. She did confide in me she was having a difficult time at home. I did not pry, but her father recently passed away and her mother seemed distant, or so she said. And she did mention once offhandly that she was having trouble with her boyfriend, Chad Jordan. I got the impression she was a bit troubled but did not like to show it. Maybe I should have done more[/color]." he says somberly. [ooc]Nik is pretty sure he's downplaying the contact he had with Lauren. He also seems eager to direct attention away from his relationship with Lauren and onto her personal life.[/ooc]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

“Oh can it Thornton!” Nik whispers harshly. He doesn’t want anyone to overhear. “We know all about Lauren. We read her diary. If you like, I can raise my voice and your students will be able to hear all about it too. Now start talking.”
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Vanessa,[ooc]For just a brief second Thornton's eyes widen. But it does not last.[/ooc] Thornton seems startled by Nik's tone. Thankfully no one else is in the hallway and the door to the class is closed. "[color=#0040FF]I don't know what you're implying. What diary? If you're going to accuse me of something I suggest you come right out and say it rather than resorting to veiled threats[/color]."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik

"What diary? The one where she details your affair. Talk to us openly and honestly about your relationship with her if you care just one tiny little bit about who killed her. We have no interest in exposing you, but if we don't get any cooperation I can't guarantee this will go well for you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If you were to lie or to withhold information, that would only raise suspicions about your possible involvement in her death," adds Vanessa. "I don't believe you did, and I wouldn't want to have to reassess that opinion."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Silver Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Silver Priest »

Nik and Vanessa,"[color=#0040FF]I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about[/color]," Mr. Thornton says smugly. [color=#0040FF]"Besides, even if I did, you have no real proof. Otherwise we'd be having this conversation down at the station. So no, I don't think I'll be admitting to anything, thank you very much[/color]." He holds up an arm to avoid protest. "[color=#0040FF]That being said, no, I don't know who killed her. I certainly didn't. Even if what you said were true, we'd probably have been very happy.I'm sure Lauren's notes said nothing about trouble with me, so I'd have no motive. But putting me aside, I don't know who would want her dead. Chad seemed angry with her at times. I think he suspected that she was having an affair, the poor boy has always been rather insecure. But Lauren never told me she was afraid of him, in the few times we spoke. More like she was frustrated with him. It's not surprising, high school boys can be so immatur[/color]e. "[color=#0040FF]And before you ask, I had next to no relationship with Vanessa Hatvan. She kept to herself and In all honesty was rather standoffish. I don't know anyone who actually liked her. And I did not even know Dr. Maretti; I go to a dentist in the city. This is all easily confirmed, if you care to check." "Now, if there's nothing else, I wish to get back to my class. I wish you luck in your investigation[/color]." He seems ready to leave if the investigators will let him go. [ooc]You both can make one more HUMINT roll to confirm your read of him.[/ooc]
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Nik
HUMINT,Can I see the results of the HUMINT roll before I post? Nik will begin to lean very heavily on this man if he strongly suspects him of lying. Thornton just said something which doesn't add up. HUMINT 70: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/520490]HUMINT[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]60[/b]

Return to “Delta Green: S-Cell”