Chapter 7: Next Steps

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Chapter 7: Next Steps

Post by Tabs »

"I do feel exhausted," Owens conceded. "But I felt you were being too open with Mr. Jordan. All of this matter is weird, I don't trust anyone... except you, Ms. Carmichael--I believe in you. No doubt, Mr. Jordan is exactly as he seems, and I'm going loopy," he said grimly.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

"I'm sorry I broke our agreement. But Jordan already had much information (he knew about our investigations in the archives), and he would be suspicious, if I tried to cover up things... I'm still not good at lying."

"Jordan is definitely scared, and I think his fear of the unknown is stronger than his fear of losing some profit. He will keep the house uninhabited..."

"I will research the Church and look into the dark matters on 'haunted houses'... I will be cautious, though, this is all dark and maddening knowledge... I will try to ask around in our Society as well, some members are quite well versed in the occult."

"You should rest now and heal. Our work for Jordan is over; but I think we have another mission to attend to later..."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Owens nodded, and smiled goodbye.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora leaves the hospital and takes a cab home. When it's time to pay, she rumbles through her purse and happens upon a key -- but not to her own home, but to the wretched House on Copp’s Hill Terrace! She wraps her fingers around the cold metal and decides to take it to a locksmith and make a duplicate before returning it to Jordan...
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner

Return to “The Haunting”