Chapter 6: Return to Copp's Hill

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Re: Chapter 6: Return to Copp's Hill

Post by HoneyDog »

As Norman moves to the window, the bed frame suddenly shifts towards him at great speed, crashing into him and throwing him against the window glass! Unable to support himself, Norman falls through and out of the room.
OOC:   Tabs, roll 2D6 damage on your Hit Points.  
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

"Aaaaargh!"

[dice]0[/dice]
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Spoiler:
:o
"Norman!!"

Most people's first reaction in such a case would be to run to the window and look down at Norman... But Isadora's instincts, luckily, wouldn't allow her to step into the cursed room. She turns around and runs down the stairs and out to the garden, to the place where Norman fell.
Last edited by evil_scientist on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Ha, ha! But, um, 11 of his 14 is pretty serious, eh?  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   Norman takes 11 points of damage. He’s badly injured and barely conscious. He very likely has broken bones.  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

"St-stay calm!" Isadora cries, when she reaches Norman. Although it's hard for her to stay calm... Is Norman conscious? Her head is reeling. She tries to remember everything she knows about First Aid. She vaguely recalls that Norman shouldn't be moved around until an ambulance arrives? But he should somehow also be moved slightly into a correct position?

First Aid 30%
[dice]0[/dice]
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC:   Thank you, dear Izzy.  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   I took the liberty of rolling to see what effect the First Aid would have: First Aid: 1d3 3
Norman's Hit Points go up to 5  
Isadora’s prompt attention enables her to stop the bleeding from a nasty cut on Norman's arm, and he begins regain his whereabouts. His other arm is obviously broken, and he cries out in pain as he tries to move it. Despite this, with Isadora’s help, he manages to stand, although he is very unsteady. He has many cuts, some of which will need stitching, and he also has a nasty bump on the head.

At that moment Mr. Dooley, who had heard the crash of broken glass, arrives. He looks concerned.

“Are you both okay? What happened?”
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

"The... the house is falling apart, there was an accident," Isadora says to Mr. Dooley. The news vendor is a nice old man, and Isadora doesn't want to trouble him. And, for some weird reason, these uncanny events invoked a feeling of paranoia in her. She is not sure if she can trust anybody or anything in this neighborhood.

"Let's try to get away from the house in case , uh, the wall collapses," she says and tries to walk Norman up to the street.

Is there anything to sit on on the street?

"Stay here," she says to Norman if there is a place for him to sit down.

Isadora will then run to the phone and call the ambulance.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"Taxi will be quicker" says Dooley. He steps out into the street, ready to flag one down. "Massachusetts General is the closest".

Shortly a taxi comes along and stops. Dooley tells the driver the situation and helps Isadora get Norman into the back seat.
1024px-Massachusetts_General_Hospital,_Bulfinch_Building.jpg
A short time later they arrive and Norman is taken for treatment on his injuries. Isadora waits anxiously in the waiting room.

After about ten minutes a doctor comes out and sees Isadora. "Did you arrive with Norman Owens"? he asks.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

"Yes, I did! How is he? Can I go in to him?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

"I'm afraid not. He has a bad concussion and we want to let him rest. We'll keep him overnight and monitor his condition. Why don't you come back tomorrow?"
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora agrees that Norman should probably rest. She thanks the doctor for his help, then notes the visiting hours. Before going home from the hospital, she sits for a good 10 more minutes in the waiting room, in silent contemplation.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora recovers a bit from the shock. She goes to the nearest phone (the hospital maybe has one?) and calls Jordan...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

After Jordan hears about the situation from Isadora, he states that he will visit the hospital tomorrow and discuss things with both Isadora and Norman.

Return to “The Haunting”