OOC Chat

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by evil_scientist »

"The eyes are also the place you have to target if you want to stick a fork into someone's brain", adds Professor Putnam.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

By the way fellows, I've been reading "Best Ghost Stories of Algernon Blackwood". He's great! I can see where Lovecraft got some of his inspiration from. I particularly liked 'The Willows' and 'The Wendigo'.

"Oh, Oh! My feet of fire!"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

The Wenigo is a classic. I love the part where Defago's naked feet are stuck outside the tent--is there a monster?--and he began to cry. HoneyDog, there are so many good ones, he wrote a lot, but beware, some are tough reading.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora steps inside the house and instantly notices that the wallpapers weren't designed by a hip Theosophist artist.

"There is an evil presence here," she cries out and runs to the phone booth to call her interior designer.
"We need lots of turquoise to exorcise this foul spirit!!" ;)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Spoiler:
The Theosophist interior designer arrives in a turquoise automobile. She is clad from head to toe in turquoise. Without saying a word, she takes her turquoise designing pencil and jams it into Norman’s eye, deep into his brain.

“Oh dear” thinks Isadora, as blood spatters her exquisite turquoise dress. “Perhaps turquoise isn’t such a good colour after all”.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Had a busy weekend! I'll post tomorrow!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I will be travelling the next two weeks!

I will have internet access from time to time, so I think I can probably post every other day?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Fine! Have a good time on your travels. Hope you're going somewhere nice.

I think soon we'll begin to unravel the awful truth behind the haunting...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

What do you get if you critically fail a "Library Use" roll? Do you topple a shelf? :mrgreen:
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

You slam your fingers in the filing cabinet - take 2 hit points damage.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Sorry for the delay! I will post tonight!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

No problem. :)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Happy New Year, folks! ;)
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Yes! Happy New Year! Happy Hauntings!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I'm still travelling, and until 7 January I have limited internet access (although I'll try to write some posts!). After that - back to my usual daily posting schedule! ;)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

My favorite part about this photo is the little hourglass!!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I hadn't even noticed.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

All the clippings and reports have been found now, so you can decide how to proceed according to the evidence you've collected.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I propose we don't play out the visit to the University and the Prof. in-game, unless Norman has something special to do there. Tabs?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Agreed. But let's find the church; I've got a feeling that there may be something...

Return to “The Haunting”