OOC Chat

Boston 1920: Strange events at 20 Copp’s Hill Terrace have left minds ruined and families shattered. But how believable are such tales as strange figures and moving inanimate objects in our modern age? How readily should we disregard the influence of the otherworldly? After the recent real-life horrors of poison gas and industrialized slaughter, can we give credence to tales of odd visions and supernatural presences?

Investigating 20 Copp’s Hill will prove that we should not dismiss such tales too lightly...

Moderator: HoneyDog

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by evil_scientist »

Cool! I'll answer later today. I'm busy now, and also I don't want Isadora to enter at the moment when Norman needs company to go to the loo ;)
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Oh yes, I forgot that we already sprang the news about the Chapel and Corbitt to Jordan to gain his support in the legal archives... We'll have to downplay that now a bit
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 6 months

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm keeping quiet - we'll have to see how this proceeds...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Swamped with IRL stuff, will post later today or tomorrow! ;)
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora just cannot construct elaborate lies... so she decided to break the pact of silence!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

But what will happen next? Can you continue? Will you need help? What could be the consequences of your actions?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That made me laugh. As I recall, a character went through the window in that story too...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

So we've reached a point where decisions have to be made! Jordan states that he will leave the house empty due what lays within. Are you both comfortable with that? It's a conclusion, of a sort.

If you take further action you cannot rely on his support, and you might also want additional help. Will you confront the horrors of the house, or do you wish to preserve your minds and bodies from further violence and insanity?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

At this point, I imagine Isadora and Norman "laying low" for some time, Norman healing up, Isadora doing research... then taking some sort of action? Vigilante style?

By the way, can we roll for skill increase?
Isadora is eligible for First Aid, Credit Rating and Library Use.

Edit: (it's quite easy to see what skills you rolled for during the game by searching The Haunting topics for posts containing "1d100" by you)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

I think that we ought to destroy it somehow... a lot of dynamite springs to mind.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Let's deal with both of your posts!

Dynamite solves many problems, but it creates others.

Both characters are definitely eligible for skills upgrades. But upgrades will only apply if some time has passed between the present events and what they decide to do next.

Isadora will get a guaranteed increase in First Aid - Norman would probably be in a coma if not for her. I think Credit Rating should be higher anyway. I would also think that due to your research and educational backgrounds a Library roll would be fair.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog wrote:Dynamite solves many problems, but it creates others.
I really like the idea of Norman doing the criminal deed alone the night before he leaves for the expedition. An act of hardboiled film noir heroism! :D It makes for a good narrative and a great role-playing opportunity.

We will have to plan it, though, lots of preparation needed. And Isadora is not sure the physical destruction would be enough to deal with the supernatural evil. So she will want to enact some sort an exorcism as well.

By the way, did Jordan take back the keys?
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

No you guys still have the keys I think. Jordan is too shaken up to worry about that stuff.

Please do think about the consequences of arson though. I believe that the police generally frown upon such actions, however heroic. :|
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yes, that's why we want only Norman to take provable part in the arson/dynamiting, then skipping to the far North and basically never returning. Isadora will play innocent.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Does Norman want to spend the rest of his days catching fish in James Bay? He has a lot to sacrifice. And how do you know that burning down the house is the definitive answer to The Haunting? Yes, it worked for Talking Heads, but...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

HoneyDog wrote:Does Norman want to spend the rest of his days catching fish in James Bay?
Or go back to Finland and hide out in a log cabin, etc...
HoneyDog wrote:And how do you know that burning down the house is the definitive answer to The Haunting?
We don't! That's why Isadora wants to do more research.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Does that mean you want to return to the house? Ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! And so on.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

...maybe? ;)

But let's stick to theoretical necromancy and library research for some time now :lol:
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Okay then. You'd better negotiate with the Tabster. Does he want to be exiled to Canada?

Return to “The Haunting”